Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ForceMod II - Final beta feedback

Page: 4 of 5
 Doctor Shaft
06-04-2003, 4:55 PM
Well, that's good news to hear. I won't be putting any servers up personally, except for a little lan gaming against one other person.

What you said is definitely encouraging though. The only concern I have now is that if everything is customizable, I can only hope that the servers that do become available don't decide to run everything by 1.04 standards. I'll keep crossing my fingers. Cheers.
 KaiaSowapit
06-04-2003, 7:46 PM
Azymn, a few more comments/requests...

I too had the fortune of fighting a dual-bladed bot (Maul) and happened upon splitting his saber in two. Watching him then come at me with two sabers was amazing! Brilliant coding there!

Any chance of dropping in my suggestion of adding a little of the ForceSpeed motion blur effect to ForceJump? Strictly for eye candy purposes (like the movies). If it's a hassle, nevermind. :)

How bout a cvar, like cf_hidegriphand to turn off the white spawn bubble?

Is there anyway to get Light Side bot ai to use ForceHeal (they seem obsessed solely with MindTrick)?

I really like how some of the cvars take a percentage integer. How bout a cvar to allow us to assign the probability of bot jetpack usage?

This may or may not be a good idea, but what if True Saberists could run a lil faster when their sabers were inactive? They couldn't block incoming shots (though they might be able to dodge some) so it would be a gamble that they'd get to where they're going safely. I think it would be handy for pursuing ranged-weapon opponents, especially if they have a tendency to run away. (Note: disable the speed bonus if the Jedi/Sith in question is using aggressive ForcePowers while running.) I got this idea from playing Enter the Matrix - you run faster when you don't have a weapon equipped.

I love the mortal wounds cvar! What about upping the ante even a bit more? What if there was an option so that a player might not just fall down, but stay down - not dead, but critically injured? They'd have to either choose to respawn via the kill command or hope for another player to heal or finish them off. In this scenario a player might also still have a limited attack ability, such as through thermal detonators or det charges. Again, if it's a hassle to code, nevermind. Just a thought. :)

Lastly, any chance of a cvar to control the area of effect/splash damage of explosives? Personally, I'd like to see them somewhere in effectiveness between where they are now and how they are in SFXMOD.

Thanks again for an awesome mod!
 Padawan_7
06-04-2003, 8:23 PM
Things I noticed:

The default saber looks better and the Merc Bots use the Ammo Regeneration. Good job! :)

I haven't noticed this before but the menu for the Force Templates doesn't always bring up the list.

You can't switch to the Dualbladed or Twin Lightsabers anymore. However, you can get the Dualbladed lightsaber through the use of the "Proficiency" setting (this doesn't work for the Twin Lightsabers though).

I noticed that there is a sound for the grapple in the ForceMod pk3. This sound never plays.
 nucular_jedi_14
06-04-2003, 8:34 PM
could you make a like a thing in the menu option insted of binding all those keys because that kinda gets tiring after a while, and you could like sepate them into catagories like emote, weapons and stuff like that

thx,
NuKe OuT!
 nucular_jedi_14
06-04-2003, 8:36 PM
he said it don't work and btw could you send me a beta? thumper_01@hotmail.com ?
 Master_Payne
06-04-2003, 9:28 PM
All of You have done a great job here
KaiaSowapit, about the bots using heal, they do on base JK2 (at least bots that I have made), but they will only use it if they are low on HP and you stop attacking them (also notice how they run back and after heal charge again at you). I can post the Bot data if you want.
Good luck on the remaining testing.
 mariners2001
06-05-2003, 1:39 AM
Azmyn,

Thank you so much for adding the ability to disable team skins! This makes team games so much better for me. You think an option in the menu could make it into the final release?

All in all, I must say it is definitely coming along awesome and is nearly ready for release. This mod is definitely going to breathe new life into the JK2 Community and probably jumpstart the action again leading up to Jedi Academy.

Here are a few things I have to note before release though:
1) Team FFA/CTF are majoring messed up. I've noticed this for a while but have failed to remember to tell you. Teams get screwed up very badly and sometimes it gets to the point where no one fights each other/or your teammates attack you. This is regarding bots of course. Just load it up and add a few bots to different teams and you'll see right off what I mean. This is a must to be fixed before release as it will destroy the gametypes completely.
2) The model scaled speed is extremely exagerrated. This wasn't the case before. Yoda moves so incredibly fast and basically every other models runs so as hell.
3) Force jump (Level 4) still doesn't use force. This could be spammed to hell. Definitely needs to be fixed.
4) Also, in Team FFA, mirror images of yourself will appear when you die......very freaking frightful
ALSO.....one other thing just FYI, Maw was a dark sith in JK1 so he should be fixed from the bounty hunter setting he has now.

I say once these are fixed then all will be ready!
 RJW_ca
06-05-2003, 1:45 AM
...is there a way to make the bots mouth move like in single player to make it more realistic???? This would be cool!!!!

will there be away to pick custom guns lick picking custom saber hilts??

--I want to have a Hansolo bot with his right gun in his hand without having to change the default gun--without it being the same hansolo gun for every player

CAN SOMONE PLEASE DO THIS!?

RJW_ca
 KaiaSowapit
06-05-2003, 4:35 AM
mariners2001, check your setting with the cvar g_forceBasedTeams and make sure it's set to 0. I experienced the same problems you're talking about in team games and they went away when I turned off forceBasedTeams.

I too find model scale speed a little confusing, though I think it just needs a little more documentation and it will be fine - perhaps a few examples in the readme would help? (If you'd like someone to draft a manual for ForceMod Azmyn, I'd be more than happy to.)

Personally I like Force Jump (Level 4) just the way it is, but then again I also have f_forceregenerate set to 10, hehe so take my opinion for what it's worth. :p

I take back what I said about Light Side bots using ForceHeal - they do, just by no means as frequently as MindTrick. Good golly they sure like their MindTrick!

Lastly, I'll back up Padawan_7 - I can't seem to get Dual Sabers to work anymore either. :(
 nucular_jedi_14
06-05-2003, 4:46 AM
two saber that is?
 Azymn
06-05-2003, 5:19 AM
Mace_Windu21 - i don't know what you mean by "defensive stance." The saberthrow anim looks fine on my end.

Doctor Shaft:

Q: 1.) Is the saber powerful? I.e., it's not abysmal ala 1.04. If so, let's say I made a guy stand there, how many swings would it take?
A: Pure Saber user in red stance vs. Merc with 100 health, 25 armor: 1 swing. The sabers are more powerful by default, especially against Mercs.

Q: 2.) Some people keep mentioning that they're killing jetpackers with saber throw...Is there something about it in Forcemod that i'm missing?
A: See previous answer. :)

Q: You got the double and twin sabers in there. Granted, there's probably going to be all kinds of clipping and wierd looking stuff going on with them, but how did you do damage scaling with them also? are they just fancier wiffle bats, weaker than normal, etc?
A: They naturally enhance chances to hit and block sabers, but are penalized in terms of speed, form, and projectile blocking.

KaiaSowapit:
I took you up on coding a couple of the easy cvars. And actually, how fast could you whip a manual together...could you have it done by friday? That'd be stellar.

Padawan_7:
Thanks for the tips, hope i can iron everything out in time.

nucular_jedi_14:
Sorry, you'll have to wait for the public release. But you won't have to wait long. :)

mariners2001:
Team Skin disabling will be in the Player menu. The team problems from g_forceBasedTeams should be fixed.

RJW_ca:
Sorry, no custom guns or custom lips. :)
 KaiaSowapit
06-05-2003, 5:54 AM
Azymn, Friday might be pushing it, but Sunday is quite doable. Either way, I'd be happy to give it a go.

I'll probably need your insights/philosophies on a few issues, so if you like we can correspond via email.

Format can be as fancy/vanilla as you like - from plain-Jane ASCII to eye candy rich PDF or HTML. Just say the word. :)

Thanks again for all your hard work! I love this mod!!!
 rut-wa jodar
06-05-2003, 6:21 AM
Thanx Azymn :D

For adding a Cvar to disable team colours.

I have been beta testing ForceMod 2 since you released it and I must say the JO gaming community are in for a real treat .
 Littleman206
06-05-2003, 10:23 AM
I know its abit late, but maybe for a later release, could you take advantage of the ability to add in animations. I'm sure it'd be quite an undertaking, but just giving two sabers one stance each, which really makes trhe most of the extra weapon.
Say edit green style for two sabers, which rely could give increased blocking as well as utilising a contineous style of fighting, where instead of performing amazing moves, the wielder goes for more of a "hit-him so much he won't be able to block" style. Also force powers like push and pull could have one level taken off as the Jedi uses his mind alone, no hand movements (he's holding a saber in the offhand ) to make the telekenetic attack. Each saber attack could also do slightly less damage then other sabers as theres only one arms strength behind each blade.
Saber throw should be hampered as well, it's just a bit hard to concieve some one guiding a weapon with their mind while foreseeing incoming attacks. Maybe cap it at level one, as this is a simple toss.

The double-bladed saber could use an edited version of the purple style, where moves are more or less copied by darth maul, meaning quick attacks which utilize both blades. Blocking chances against ranged weapons could be decreased as the blades wouldn't be as effective for defence, the weapons is a sith's and probably designed for slicing up an enemy as quickly as possible.
Force powers would not hampered like using two sabers, but the decrease in defence should compensate for this.

I think this would be a great add on to your all ready col mod, as the extra blades would actually be put to use, sure the sabers LOOK cool now but one of the attacks are really DESIGNED for them, so the extra combat potential more or less goes to waste.

Could you please tell me what you think on these ideas, I know its alot to ask but I think it'd be a great addition. And I'd like to know if anyone cares at all, as last time I posted a rant I got no reply, if its not gonna happen ( my idea) just tell me.
 boinga1
06-05-2003, 1:39 PM
I can tell you that adding that would take an ETERNITY. He said forcemod2 in "three weeks". He can't really go back and say that "I decided to add totally new saber stances with new animations, so it'll be another (month? two months?)".

Maybe in Version 3.
 Azymn
06-05-2003, 3:33 PM
Littleman206: Actually, boinga1 is right, both about it taking an eternity and about the imminent release. Unfortunately, tinkering with animations is too great an undertaking at this point.
Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Saber throw damage can be hampered with a new cvar.
 Master_Payne
06-05-2003, 4:24 PM
Kicks have damage modifier right?
So last week of testing? I hope nothing wrong comes out from nowhere.
This will be the resurrection of JO and for myself, I will still be playing ForceMod after getting Jedi Academy. (merc stuff rocks)
 Azymn
06-05-2003, 4:30 PM
Actually, there ain't a damage modifier for kicks. I'll add one.
Last week indeed.
I hope i haven't missed anything in my personal regression testing. :)
 JEDICW
06-05-2003, 5:47 PM
so how long before its going to released???
 Master_Payne
06-05-2003, 7:04 PM
In this same page a few post up azymn asks: could you have it done by friday? and KaiaSowapit answered: Friday might be pushing it, but Sunday is quite doable.

Then I ask: So last week of testing? and azymn answer was: Last week indeed.

That says all.
 Crowy
06-06-2003, 12:49 AM
hey azymn, when you release it release it to more hten just jk2files.com... pcgamemods.com put things up pretty much straight away!!!

its running near perfect... ive pmed you the very minor animation problems(i think) there is that ive found... and nothing to worry about everyone

this mod is bound to be a sucess(scuse my english im a carpenter)
thank you for letting me beta test this mod for you azymn...

off topic: are you going to mod for ja?
thank you for your time
 Classic Luke
06-06-2003, 2:20 AM
Azymn, seeing as how the mod will be released soon, I must thank-you for letting me beta test it for you. Your efforts are much appreciated by the community, guess I'll be SEEING YOU ONLINE:)
 Littleman206
06-06-2003, 4:22 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
I can tell you that adding that would take an ETERNITY. He said forcemod2 in "three weeks". He can't really go back and say that "I decided to add totally new saber stances with new animations, so it'll be another (month? two months?)".

Maybe in Version 3.

When I said maybe a later release, I didnt mean pospone the date, I know that'd be stupid, I meant a later VERSION of the mod.
Like you said version 3 or something. Sorry about the mix up.
I'm all for releasing as soon as possible and an extra 2 months would be pointless.

Originally posted by Classic Luke
Azymn, seeing as how the mod will be released soon, I must thank-you for letting me beta test it for you. Your efforts are much appreciated by the community, guess I'll be SEEING YOU ONLINE:)

Ditto to that aswell
 Azymn
06-06-2003, 6:05 AM
I appreciate the feedback you've all given, it was invaluable in shaping this mod up.

Check out my homepage in the next few days for updates on where and when.

May the ForceMod be with you. ;)
 rut-wa jodar
06-06-2003, 6:06 AM
I agree with my fellow beta testers that it has been an honour and a privelige to test a mod that will undoubtedly breathe new life into JO.

Thanx Azymn. :urpdude: :clap2: :thumbs1:
 mariners2001
06-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Yes. Thanks a lot for giving me the privilege to test as well. You've been really cool about everything and you've crafted the best mod for JK2. Hope you update and/or continue your impressive work for Jedi Academy!
 Sylea
06-06-2003, 2:31 PM
Another question:

I was using Forcemod 1 and had, in my opinion, a major problem...might or might not be mod related, but it works in Gen-X....

Cheataccess... give all and noclip do not work...even when rcon grants cheataccess to a client the client cannpot use them (can use g2animent however).

Now, under the base game (no modding) or gen-X...these do work when cheataccess is granted through the console.

These commands, while not used by most, are VERY usefull for Admins and Clan Leaders. It supercedes ALL MOD admin commands and gives over TRUE control of the server.

Anyway...something to think about. :)
 Littleman206
06-06-2003, 9:33 PM
I'm not sure if I got a bug or if it's just my machine. But when I give the bots a number five in the fm_classes.cfg to make them a trooper, they all come out as heavy troopers. So instead of stormtroopers using blasters they all start with rocket launchers and repeaters then start flying everywhere. very annoying so if you could fix it up I'd appreciate it.
Thanking you in advance, Littleman
 Padawan_7
06-07-2003, 3:07 PM
Yeap, Littleman is correct. I'm experiencing the same thing.
 DarkLord60
06-07-2003, 5:19 PM
We at Aotctc have it on our servers but we must put it on site. For those you cant wait I could probably email it to you.
 Gideon_Duthuras
06-07-2003, 9:35 PM
Yes Dark Lord, if at all possible please email it to me. Addy should be at the bottom. I've been lurking in this thread since the start, and can't wait any longer :)Email here (hotmale_200@hotmail.com)
 DarkLord60
06-07-2003, 9:40 PM
yes sir will do
 Gideon_Duthuras
06-07-2003, 9:48 PM
Well, you don't have to bother anymore...if you happen to read this before you email it. I just found the file lurking on pcgamemods. Thanks anyway.

Now...I plan to play this for several hours. Good Day!
 Ol-Gil
06-07-2003, 9:50 PM
Hey, been lurking here for a while. All I ever play with is the original ForceMod.

Just thought some would like to know that it's up at PCGameMods.
 DarkLord60
06-07-2003, 10:12 PM
:EDIT: Due to reasons that dont concern anyone I am removing this alternate link to download mod Sorry.
 Hellfire Jedi
06-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Azymn what the hell? PCgamemods.com has the mod up. A guy tested it and you went on and abused HIS admin when he didn't give it?? This you or f!!king what?!? DO NOT LIE!
 Azymn
06-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Hellfire Jedi - i just saw that post. :S

The answer is simple: it's a lie.

Would i really log on as "Azymn" and abuse the first person to try out the mod?
It's an unfortunate thing that this person would accuse anyone of such a thing. I don't even know who the guy is, or why he would say something like that. :(

I encourage everyone to go see the post for themselves. I have nothing to hide, and no lies, or tricks up my sleeve:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/forums//showthread.php?s=&postid=15212#post15212)
 mariners2001
06-08-2003, 3:13 AM
what the hell is wrong with people? some people have waaay too much time on their hands....

i hope this doesn't ruin the release of this brilliant mod. i'm behind you 100% Azmyn.

5.4 on pcgamemods.com???? Seriously, someone is being a huge !@#$. Screw off whoever you are.
 KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 3:40 AM
Who pee'd in this guy's Cheerios™?

I think anyone who would pick a handle like "SlimShady" needs no further comment.

ForceMod II rocks... 'nuff said. :)
 DarkLord60
06-08-2003, 5:24 AM
Azymn I agree with you. oh and by the way

one downside is that even though I edited certain bots so they cant use sabers they still do in ForceMod so then I went and edited the CLass cfg file in forcemod and chnged the one I wanted to have no jetpack and saber to "Clonetrooper" 50-000 and I still get cool troopers with sabers ahhh.

OK so I know that my bot files are edited and they work with no sabers in regular game but when I launch new game with ForceMod 2 they still do like I said above.
Here is exactly what I changed in fm_classes.cfg file:

IGNORE the missing spaces between the model name and the numbers because for some reason you cant have aton of spaces in one line when you post in forums
EXAMPLE: "tex_qui-gon" 50-122

//--------------------------------------------------
// ForceMod Model Class Config
//
// <name> - name of the actual model as found in the file path
// <class> - 0 = Jedi/Sith, 1 = Scout, 2 = Bounty Hunter, 3 = Heavy Soldier, 4 = HotShot, 5 = Trooper
// <jetpack> - 0 = No jetpack, 1 = Single Thrust, 2 = Dual Thrust, 3 = Tri-Thrust, 4 = Dual Thrust (No Model), 5 = No FX (For Flying Characters)
// <sabertype> - 0 = Jedi/Sith will also use guns, 1 = Single Blade Only, 2 = Dualblade Only, 3 = Twin Sabers Only
// <saberblade>- 0 = Standard, 1-6 = "Episode #" Saber blade type, 7 = Ancient Blade
// <acrobatics>- 0 = Default Roll, 1 = Butterflies, 2 = Cartwheels, 3 = Arial Flips
//
// Syntax:
// "<model name>" <class><jetpack>-<sabertype><saberblade><acrobatics>
//--------------------------------------------------

"4lom" 10-000
"Aayla" 00-122
"ackbar" 50-000
"adi" 00-122
"admiral_rieek" 50-000
"ak-buz" 30-000
"Anakin" 00-322
"anhluke" 00-020
"ani-gel" 00-122
"arco_palpatine" 00-120
"atatpilot" 50-000
"aurra" 00-322
"bartender" 10-000
"battle3po" 50-000
"battle_droid" 50-000
"battledroid" 50-000
"beedo" 20-000
"bespin_cop" 40-000
"blacktrooper" 50-000
"boba_fett" 22-000
"BobaFett" 22-000
"boushh" 10-000
"c3po" 50-000
"calsann2" 00-122
"camotrooper" 50-000
"canor_jax" 00-122
"cheshire_vader" 00-150
"chewie" 40-000
"chiss" 10-000
"chromeshadowtrooper" 00-122
"clonecommander" 50-000
"CloneTr" 50-000
"clone_trooper" 50-000
"clonetrooper" 50-000
"coleman_trebor" 00-122
"commander" 50-000
"ct_fisto" 00-122
"ct_sidious" 00-100
"d" 00-121
"darkyoda" 00-122
"Darth_Sidious" 00-120
"darthseph" 00-121
"dash rendar" 40-000
"dash_rendar" 40-000
"desann" 00-222
"dooku" 00-123
"gl_dooku" 00-123
"dug_jedi" 00-121
"eerin_bant" 00-122
"eerin_bant_robe" 00-122
"ep1_obi" 00-122
"ep2anakin" 00-122
"ep2windu" 00-122
"epiI_obi" 00-122
"esb_ghost" 00-122
"esb_yoda" 00-122
"ewok" 40-000
"exar_kun" 00-121
"exarkun_sithii" 00-121
"fenn_shysa" 20-000
"galak" 20-000
"gamorrean" 50-000
"gee" 50-000
"geonosis" 50-000
"gl_dooku" 00-123
"grafox_palpatine" 00-100
"gran" 50-000
"grayfox" 20-000
"greedo" 40-000
"gungan" 50-000
"han_anh" 40-000
"han_esb" 40-000
"han_roj" 40-000
"han_solo" 40-000
"hornett_trooper" 50-000
"hutt" 50-000
"ig-88" 20-000
"imperial" 50-000
"imperialcommando" 50-000
"imperial_worker" 50-000
"infantry" 50-000
"jan" 10-000
"jango_fett" 22-000
"JangoFett" 22-000
"jar-jar" 50-000
"jarjar" 50-000
"jawa" 50-000
"jawa_hybrid" 50-000
"jedi" 00-122
"jedi_dooku" 00-123
"jeditrainer" 00-122
"jerec" 50-000
"jodo_kast" 20-000
"kaia_yoda" 00-122
"keiran" 50-000
"ki_adi" 00-122
"ki_adi_mundi" 00-122
"ki_adi_vm" 00-122
"ki_moot" 00-122
"kir_kanos" 00-122
"kit_fisto_vm" 00-122
"kit_mitsu" 00-122
"koh_tu" 00-122
"krussk" 30-000
"kui_masu" 00-122
"kyle" 00-062
"kylearmor" 00-022
"kyparmor" 00-022
"khyron_jinn" 20-000
"lando" 40-000
"leia" 40-000
"luke" 00-122
"luke-bespin" 00-022
"luke-dagobah" 00-022
"lukearmor" 00-121
"luminara" 00-122
"mace-windu" 00-122
"mara jade" 00-122
"mara" 00-122
"mara_jade" 00-122
"master_yoda" 00-122
"Maul" 00-221
"maul_deluxe" 00-221
"maw" 05-321
"mc_jarjar" 50-000
"monmothma" 40-000
"morgan" 40-000
"motskyle" 00-122
"obivm" 00-122
"oldben" 00-120
"padme" 40-000
"padme2k3" 40-000
"padme_geonosis" 40-000
"padme_geonosis_battle" 40-000
"palpatine" 00-122
"pilot" 50-000
"plo koon" 00-122
"plo_koon" 00-122
"plokoon" 00-122
"prince_xizor" 00-122
"prisoner" 50-000
"Qui-Gon" 00-122
"quigonvm" 00-120
"quigonvm2" 00-120
"ra7" 20-000
"raith_armor" 20-000
"realluke" 00-120
"rebel" 50-000
"reborn" 00-121
"reelo" 10-000
"rodian" 50-000
"royalguard" 00-322
"samuel_l" 00-123
"sand_shoulder" 50-000
"sariss" 00-122
"sebulba" 50-000
"sebulba_racer" 50-000
"security" 50-000
"shaak ti" 00-122
"shaak_ti" 00-122
"shadowtrooper" 00-120
"sirrya" 00-123
"sithlord_palpatine" 00-120
"sithyodavm" 00-221
"solo" 40-000
"stormcommander" 50-000
"stormpilot" 50-000
"stormtrooper" 50-000
"swamptrooper" 50-000
"swluke" 00-020
"tavion" 00-121
"tc14" 20-000
"terpfen" 00-122
"tex_quigon" 00-122
"the_emporer" 00-120
"trandoshan" 50-000
"trooper" 50-000
"trueanakin" 00-322
"tusken" 50-000
"tusken_raider" 50-000
"tyranus" 00-121
"ugnaught" 50-000
"ulic" 50-000
"vader" 00-120
"vigo_morn" 50-000
"watto" 35-000
"weequay" 50-000
"windu" 00-123
"wolfe" 00-322
"wookiee" 40-000
"yarael" 00-112
"yarael_poof" 00-122
"yarael_sith" 00-322
"yin" 00-122
"yoda" 00-122
"esb_yoda" 00-122
"yoda_ghost" 00-122
"yodaghost" 00-122
"yodamaul" 00-122
"yuuzhanvongketo" 00-322
"zabrak" 00-222
"zabrak_jedi" 00-222
"zam_wesell" 11-000
 KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 5:40 AM
DarkLord60, I used to have problems like you're describing, but for several builds now my bots have all been well behaved (figuratively speaking of course :)).

I just added Watto as a flying Trooper and he's working out fine.

If you'd like I could send you some of my bot files and .cfg's to see if that works.

Feel welcome to PM me if there's anything I can do to help.
 DarkLord60
06-08-2003, 5:46 AM
send them to me at J_hamp60@hotmail.com or post them in aotctc forums
 KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 6:09 AM
Oh and while I'm thinking of it, speaking of bots...

This might sound silly, but is there a way to create a bot that doesn't use ANY weapons (neither saber nor guns)?

Before you all start chuckling, I ask for two reasons. First I'd like to make a Palpatine/Sidius bot who uses nothing but the Force. Secondly I thought it might be fun to create an "innocent bystander" bot - a bot Light Side players could try to protect and Naughty Side players could try to abuse (sort of a twisted version of capture the flag). :)
 Daskers
06-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Terrific Mod. I have two questions though.

1. When using the Darth maul saber hilt, I get two strange effects. You seem to have implemented some code that makes the second blade extend from where the second emitter should be, but the hilt appears as only being half as long as it should be.

2. Did you say that you could add your own custom skins? If so, is it possible to make the blade vanish altogether for forcepikes and things?
 JEDICW
06-08-2003, 4:01 PM
I was thinking in an up comming update maybe that thier could be different saber sounds to choose from like for example Darth mauls saber sound, yodas saber from epo.2 also when saber fighten u could in knock the saber out of the players hand then while fighten try to retrieve it. Just a thought for updates
 rut-wa jodar
06-08-2003, 6:30 PM
Originally posted by JEDICW
I was thinking in an up comming update maybe that thier could be different saber sounds to choose from like for example Darth mauls saber sound, yodas saber from epo.2 also when saber fighten u could in knock the saber out of the players hand then while fighten try to retrieve it. Just a thought for updates

Some interesting ideas you have for future updates but I think they would be difficult implement into the game especially the custom saber sounds. I`m sure though if anyone can do it Azymn can.
 Gideon_Duthuras
06-08-2003, 7:17 PM
I'm running into a few problems...one of which is that my bots don't have class. I.E. When I try to bring in Jango instead of being a bounty hunter the screen gives me a "class could not be found" and Jango starts to use a lightsaber as well.

Second problem is the scaling. Simple enough, it doesn't work. Yoda is the same size as the others. However the scaling still does work in the original forcemod.

Please suggest any solutions you might have.
 JEDICW
06-08-2003, 7:18 PM
I think anything is possible anymore this forcemode 2 is awsome, but im kinda lost on a few things.......where u can pick your classes i caint seem to find out how to do that.
 Ol-Gil
06-08-2003, 9:27 PM
A few things I've noticed:

Enabling client-side size controls causes all of my characters to start at the minimum size, not their tck defaults.

Mod_timescale no longer works at all for me, and this feature was VERY important for playing JKII with my 56k friends.

Finally, how can I enable a new model as a "Mandalorian" without enabling jetpacks for all of a certain class. I ask because the Montross model is not considered a Mandalorian by ForceMod II, and it should be.

Great mod, otherwise.
 KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Here's a few things that I've discovered that may help some of you...

First off, there are many different models (and model names) floating around out there. We can't expect Azymn to keep track of them all. For example, there are at least 3 different BattleDroid models (and probably at least as many Jango's and Clone Troopers). Make sure your model name matches what is in both the tckmodel.cfg and the fm_classes.cfg files respectively. To find out the exact name of your model, use a pk3 viewing utility or choose the problem model in-game and in the console type: "model."

For example, if I look inside the pk3 of my Zam Wesell model, I see this:

models/players/zamvme

"zamvme" is the official name of my model not zam_wesell (an older Zam model) as appears in the currently shipping version of ForceMod II.

Also, both the tckmodel.cfg and fm_classes.cfg files appear to be case sensitive. What I mean by that is, I had problems when I added Zam as "ZamVME" - after I changed it to "zamvme" the model worked perfectly.

Don't forget there is also a handy cvar called "f_defaultclass" that should help if you've added a new model not listed in the fm_classes.cfg file (read more about how to use it in ForceMod's documentation).

Ol-Gil, I too had problems getting mod_timescale to work for me at first (I love a good slow-mo game every now and then). But as soon as I complained about it, it started working again (isn't it funny how that happens sometimes?). I can guarantee you that it still works, I'm just afraid I don't know what I did differently. I suggest you make sure you're hosting the server you're trying to set it in and don't give up trying. :)

JEDICW, leave no stone unturned... make sure you look at every menu item in-game (some are a lil tricky to find). If you're trying to chose a Jedi/Sith class, you should find that where you choose your Force Powers. As for Jedi/Merc, that should be right in the same spot you pick your model.

Hope that helps!
Page: 4 of 5