Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

There is no spoon.

Page: 1 of 1
 Random
05-16-2003, 10:04 AM
BUT, there is a game. And i'm talking MMO game. Check out http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/) and wipe up the drool. This is how a Matrix game is meant to be. Choose your side, choose your style, and start kicking tail.

Missions VS. other players.
Fully time fashion designer for costumes
Collect and trade skill-programs
Movie accurate fights
Expanding cityscape after release
Scalable detail systems for lower and yet to be built high end computers.

There's a little more info from E3 here: http://www.gamespy.com/e32003/preview/pc/1002154/)
 teutonicknight
05-16-2003, 9:54 PM
Yup, heard about that... Those kinds of onlines games aren't really my thing though... I never have enough time... :( I'm looking forward to Enter The Matrix though.
 platypus202
05-24-2003, 12:24 AM
this game looks so cool. I hope i can become a beta tester. The only thing i do not like is that you have to pay a monthly fee. The montthly fee is why i am not playing other games like that including Star Wars Galaxy, and The Sims Online.
 Random
05-24-2003, 5:15 PM
platypus202, I can understand why you don't want to play the Sims online, it sucks. But SWG?

I used to say I would never pay-to-play, but EQ changed my mind. It was fun for a long time. The deal is, you're not paying just to play your game. You're paying for added content. They're constantly adding missions, tweeks, items, fixing bugs (in such a big world bugs remain hidden for a long time). There are expanisions you can buy, but they're usually adding other features for free. Sometimes they'll add whole play-areas for free. I'm expecting the same sort of additions to SWG after it launches.

You're also paying to keep the cheaters out. Unlike Diablo 2, Counterstrike and other games of their ilk, you can't cheat with MMORPG games. All the character info is stored on the server, not your machine. You can't run "trainers" in the background. The only cheating going on are people who know the game mechanics well enough to exploit it, they're not actually hacking the game.
Page: 1 of 1