Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Formula 1

Page: 1 of 1
 Talon Karade
05-08-2003, 8:24 AM
Does anyone here like (and/or watch) Forumla 1 coz this years championships are looking like shaping up to end up at an awsome finish at the end of the year! I would like to know your views on this subject! Thanks! LOL
 Obiwan80
05-08-2003, 8:50 AM
Well I watch formula 1, and this year looks much better then last year. Ferrari and Michael Schumacher year has not started so victories this year. Other teams have come closer to Ferrari and this makes races more interesting. Last year races were boring, because no one could beat Ferrari.

But this year looks good.
 Talon Karade
05-08-2003, 10:28 AM
Nice to have a reply from you, ObiWan80. I would have to agree with you - Ferrari have not made such the spectacular start that they did last year. Although, their new car - the F2003-GA - does look quite xcellent! LOL
 Branik
05-08-2003, 12:02 PM
I think that at this point of the season it has come quite clear, that the new rules have been a success. Ferrari hasn't gotten so far away from the other teams and even some less known guys have made it to the podium. I think it's going to be a tough fight between Schumacher and Rдikkцnen, but at the end, Kimi will win (hopefully).:D
 Obiwan80
05-09-2003, 4:37 AM
Mclarens last race was really bad, they had some bad luck.
Still i believe Renault is closest to the Ferrari and Alonso is a good driver.

Renaults motors have always been good, just remember Renault williams in early 90. They were invincible many years.

Of course i hope that kimi rдikkцnen will win, but mclaren is not that good car.
 Talon Karade
05-09-2003, 6:49 AM
Hi ObiWan80, the last race was definatly not a walk over for the Ferrati team - M Schumacher really had to work very hard to win that race. Alonso (in the Renault) had an outstanding race - managing to keep on the tail of a 5-times World Champion is no mean feat!

McLaren didint have a brilliant race - then again Williams werent that much better in my opinion! I suppose that we will just have to wait to see if Ferrari can continue winning - now that they have started! LOL
:racer:
 Branik
05-09-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm not saying that Rдikkцnen will win, I just hope so (I'm also Finnish). It probably won't happen and Alonso/Renault will be a tough opponent to Michael.

The last GP was indeed quite useless for McLaren, but it wasn't of incompetence, bad car or something like that. For example Rдikkцnen hit that Jaguar at the start (not his fault).
 Wraith 8
05-09-2003, 12:53 PM
JOS VERSTAPPEN!
er.... sorry about that.. i have been a fan since 1994.
and yeah the past year was bloomin boring.. and the first 3 races were AWESOME.... man.. that crash on brazil with Alonso... MAN!

but the last 2 races were some more boring i thought.... again schumi... he might be the best.. but its just boring.. cool for alonso tho... second place before barrichello :D

again: Jos Verstappen :D

(p.s. i know he has no chance at all... but that doesnt change the fact that im a fan :D)

-Wraith 8-
 BCanr2d2
05-11-2003, 8:24 AM
Considering that Renualt have an engine with about 70 more BHP to put into their obviously well handling car, I'd keep an eye on Alonso to keep this championship really close. Not to say he will win it, but he will steal points off the other contenders.

I am an Aussie, so Webber is the man in green with the Big Cat...

Can't wait for the MP4-18 from McLaren to take on the F2003-GA, which wasn't the be all and end all that they have made it out to be. I reckon McLaren have this extra time to adjust small parts of the design to suit the new rules....
 Talon Karade
05-12-2003, 10:29 AM
I never knew there were so many F1 fans on this forum! Wraith 8 - you are a sad, sad person for being a fan of Jos 'The Bos' Verstappen - but you are still quite cool (no offense meant!). BCanr2d2, as an Aussie, what you think of Webbers performance so far! LOL
Page: 1 of 1