Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mature Roleplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 Danyx
05-07-2003, 4:20 PM
I am a mature roleplayer on the west coast, looking for an RP PA with older, mature members.

This is in no way a dis against the younger players. In fact, two of the most gifted roleplayers I have ever known were 17 yrs old and 21 yrs old. This is a dis against myself, I guess.

I work very hard in RL. I play online games to be entertained, relax, and escape into a genre that is more interactive than staring for hours at a non-interactive television. However, I am an older adult, and tend to talk risque, I'm a smart arse, and I often talk in a manner that is inappropriate for people or about topics that are inappropriate for people that are the same age as my own children.

I don't want to worry about saying or doing anything that will be offensive or unappropriate to teens, therefore, I prefer to play with older people who won't get offended, and, well, I just don't want to worry about the pre-teens and the teens.

Gawd, I hope I'm making sense. I'm not a sicko, I promise. I just don't want to have to edit myself in game at a guild meeting and roleplay saying something like, "Damn, it's colder than a witch's t*t out there," when I burst into the guildhall."
 -=ReApEr=-
05-07-2003, 4:23 PM
Hey im 13 and im not offended, so i doubt anyone else will be. :) I obviously can't help you, but i know someone will see this and i wish you all the luck you can get :D
 Danyxe Jayde
05-07-2003, 4:33 PM
Btw, just changed my log-in name to my avatar's name in-game, so Danyx and Danyxe Jayde are one in the same. If you are in beta, I'm on Naboo.
 YV_Yuuzhan
05-09-2003, 4:04 PM
Danyx, I have members that range in age from 17 as the youngest to.....errr......I think the oldest is 43. At any rate ,most of my members are mature and I challange you to "shock or offend them" as that won't be very easy to do.

I run a Clan/PA that started in 1998 and has played successfuly in several games. This will be our first online RPG tho. Right now we are at 30+ members and a bit more than half will be playing in SWG.

Feel free to visit our website at www.gsr.4t.com) and look around. You may also sign up for our forum and post a message there. Perhaps debate with us if our PA is right for you.
 studsbollen
05-09-2003, 6:58 PM
*uhhm* he is not 43, he is 48. correct me if i am wrong, however myself ive been in yv for, 9 month ( I think). so danyx joining yv is prolly a smart move, why :confused: you will find out .
cya
YV_studsballen1
 Danyxe Jayde
05-10-2003, 12:35 AM
The link shows that page cannot be displayed. :(
 YV_Yuuzhan
05-10-2003, 1:11 PM
Links fixed. I also noticed u did regester for the forum :D but no message:( . Then again I just opened it to the public so it was a bit of a mess. Its a bit more clearly set up now. Feel free to leave a message on there, e-mail me, or whatever.
 YV_Karrde1
05-11-2003, 4:31 AM
Ahh, I see Yuuzhan is trying to ensnare you?

Take the advice of someone who has been ensnared by him. Let him do it, it is the best decision I have ever made (in cyberspace ;) )

YV really is alot of fun.

Id love to see you post in our forums man.

If not, we will be sending him ----> :fett: to come to get you....

;)
 -=ReApEr=-
05-11-2003, 4:43 AM
Originally posted by YV_Karrde1
Ahh, I see Yuuzhan is trying to ensnare you?

Take the advice of someone who has been ensnared by him. Let him do it, it is the best decision I have ever made (in cyberspace ;) )

YV really is alot of fun.

Id love to see you post in our forums man.

If not, we will be sending him ----> :fett: to come to get you....

;)

LETS try to keep on topic here guys. Just so the mods don't shut this thread, keep any off topic to pm. Thks. :)
 Danyxe Jayde
05-11-2003, 1:07 PM
Here's something off-topic. I've never in my four years of online gaming found a board so strict on staying on topics or being on the right forum. This inhibits people's ability to become friends with each other. It's like being in a class at school where you can only discuss history and not talk to each other.

And to Reaper, this is your second post on one of my threads where you've "warned" people. Dude, you're bossy. I've no doubt I'm a lot older than you, so it comes off as rude dispite your smiley face.

Oh, and your sig is annoying as hell. :)
 YV_Yuuzhan
05-11-2003, 4:41 PM
Well, the public area of my forum are sadly a bit constraining but needed. I wouldn't call them "rules" persay but guidlines. This is not the case in the members only sections(3/4 or the board) and again feel free to post on the forum and debate the pros and cons of joining our PA.

Also we wouldn't have to worry about the Mod here shutting down the thread.
 Danyxe Jayde
05-11-2003, 5:00 PM
Haven't had the pleasure of posting on your PA's board, YU. Even though I registered, and am able to get into the user and edit my profile, it shows each forum in your board as "restricted" So I am unable to get access to post. Looking forward to meeting some of you though. /smiles and waves.
 YV_Syndicate
05-11-2003, 5:25 PM
Greetings Danyxe Jayde,

The names Syndicate, I will be heading the SWG Division of our fine PA and would love to speak with you sometime in the near future. I share your desire to kick back relax and bs after a long days work and understand that age does make a difference. I may still be somewhat young but you wouldn't tell.

Anyways if yor availble to chat let me know, my MSN email is n.dubois@attbi.com look me up and shoot me a message. Look forward to speaking with you.

Syn
 YV_Karrde1
05-11-2003, 8:56 PM
Hmm, thats strange, Im going to sign out of my name there and try to get in the "public" one...see if that works.

I hate that we have someone interested in joining, only to be stoped by stupid technology...LOL

It figures. ;)
 YV_Karrde1
05-11-2003, 9:16 PM
OK, I checked it out, and it seems to work fine. Just make sure you sign in before you try to post.

jaredkarrde2000@yahoo.com
 Danyxe Jayde
05-12-2003, 12:25 AM
It works. I was confused by the private threads being the top two sections and the public access being the section at the bottom.
 -=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 5:19 AM
Originally posted by Danyxe Jayde
Here's something off-topic. I've never in my four years of online gaming found a board so strict on staying on topics or being on the right forum. This inhibits people's ability to become friends with each other. It's like being in a class at school where you can only discuss history and not talk to each other.

And to Reaper, this is your second post on one of my threads where you've "warned" people. Dude, you're bossy. I've no doubt I'm a lot older than you, so it comes off as rude dispite your smiley face.

Live with my sig, and im sorry if you think im being bossy. Im just guiding people. ;)
 Danyxe Jayde
05-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Live with my sig, and im sorry if you think im being bossy. Im just guiding people

Guidance? Who are you to "guide" people? I, personally, don't need nor want your guidance, thank you. I'm an adult in my 40's with four kids and a higher education who works in the bloody field of surgery.

I'm not a child and you aren't a mod, nor are you my father, attorney or priest. The day you become a mod and start "guiding" people is the day I quit visiting these boards.

Back off little man.
 Deft Aklin
05-20-2003, 2:21 PM
Okay guys, settle down.

Reaper, back off. You are out of line. I realize that your intentions are good, but please, we don't wnt this to become like the official boards now do we? In this case, I feel Danyxe is right, we must allow some personal interaction, or else we would become a cold place to frequent. We will only lose members if we are too stringent.

Danyxe, please calm down a bit. We do need to keep information in the right places, for ease of research. Some people don't like seeing 'Who's your favorite SW girl?' posts in the recruitment thread and such, but we try to take care of that gently. This particular post however, is in the proper place.
 Wraith 8
05-20-2003, 4:04 PM
uhmmm.. i hate to sound like a big bad mod and all...

I understand your quest for mature players. I like it when people are a bit mature yes. But a youthfull mind can do some great wonders you know. My PA has from like 13 to 50 as age reach. and they are all content being leaded by people who are in their 20's.... :)

and i think your being a bit of a grown up (excuse my saying so :D) there on Reaper. Like he said he 13 years old. he is entousiastic and has big dreams... I know he gets a bit over the top a bit.. but that is who he is. :D

I do agree with D_S tho ;)

just my thought

-Wraith 8-
 Danyxe Jayde
05-21-2003, 12:38 AM
I have nothing against the youthful mind, as I stated in my first post:

This is in no way a dis against the younger players. In fact, two of the most gifted roleplayers I have ever known were 17 yrs old and 21 yrs old.

However, I tend to roleplay a more mature storyline, Star Wars rated R. ;) Not X-rated, but R-rated on occasion. And I don't roleplay my character getting shot in the leg and saying "darn". So there's this girl named Leah in a gold bikini with a chain around her neck. Any ideas what Jabba's doing with her? What if I sic my pet on an enemy and I roleplay letting it eat him for dinner, alive, in the goriest of detail? I am female, but one of the things I love about sci-fi over fantasy is I detest the swooning female stereotypes. My character will be sassy, hold her own, and when she's had her cargo stolen she will, no doubtedly, cuss like the pirate that she is.

I have kids. I would not want people RPing with R rated bits to a story here and there with MY kids. I feel it's common courtesy to parents of young players in this game for me to seek out people to RP with that I do not have to worry about censoring myself with.

I'm NOT concerned with the maturity or immaturity of a player, as that is mostly irrelevant (I've seen some of the oldest players throw the biggest tantrums, and younger people roleplaying oscar performances).

It's a respect thing, a courtesy thing. I would just feel more comfortable playing with adults because of my play-style.
 Danyxe Jayde
05-21-2003, 3:21 AM
Oh, and Reaper, sorry I came down on you like a parent. I forgot you were only 13. :rolleyes:
 -=ReApEr=-
05-21-2003, 4:37 AM
Oh, and Reaper, sorry I came down on you like a parent. I forgot you were only 13. :rolleyes:

I dunno if that's sacastic or not, but in any case. Im sorry for being a bit bossy, all feelings forgot. :)
 YV_Karrde1
05-21-2003, 4:37 AM
Way to lay the smack down Danyxe. LOL

We had a guy like reaper in our clan a while ago. Luckily he quit. He didn't like the way we ran our clan. Then he started cheating in games and such. It doesn't really matter though. We would have kicked him our sooner or later.

That was the bad taste in our mouth that now keeps us from recruiting people like him.

Hey I havn't seen you around our forum anymore? Givin up on YV? If so, thats ok ;( *cries* no one loves me....

lol

I hope to see you post there again.

*sends out :fett:*
 Danyxe Jayde
05-21-2003, 6:47 PM
Wasn't being sarcastic, Reaper. When I was 13, I was probably bossier than you. I keep thinking you're 18 or so, in which case, you would have deserved the post I made, but you aren't 18, and so I apologize.

Be aware, however, when a 13 year comes off in posts on this board as "guiding" people and "warning" people and "reminding" people that they need to stay on topic for fear the mighty hand of the mod locks us down, you come across as not helpful, but rather they stereotypical "know-it-all brat", and it ticks your elders off.

You need to gain a little more in the maturity that comes with aging before you will grow into your bossiness, however, later in life, if you learn tact and how to read people well, you will have fine management skills, necesasary for not only management positions, but for doctors that work with nurses, dentist that work with CDA's, attorneys that work with para-legals and the like.

No hard feelings.

Now, back to PA's

I'm looking at the moment into Shards of Alderaan, Yuzhan Vong, the Light of Ossus, and The Monastery, with the Monastery running quite a bit ahead. I really like their philosophy as it actually comes close to my RL beliefs. Actually, I LOVE their philosophy. You know how you go see a movie and come home and go to get and that movies gets intertwined with your dreams? I've had SEVERAL dreams after watching any star wars movie that I was a jedi walking the path of "the grey" and trying to explain my philosophy to either a jedi or a sith in the dream. It's eerie how the Monastery's philosophy mirrored my own in those dreams. Creepy, huh?

Regardless of who I choose, I will be a citizen of Vagabond's Rest, and I hope to interact with all of the above mentioned PA's as well as others that are into running storylines interactively with other PA's across the server.
 Deft Aklin
05-21-2003, 7:49 PM
Well, good luck to you either way Danyxe.

You will make a great addition to whatever PA you should choose.

Hopefully, you will make an equally strong ally as you would make for a formidable rival. :D
 Wraith 8
05-21-2003, 8:10 PM
Good... im glad this is all behind us and setlled...
I hope you find your PA .. and if you do play on the Starsider server... please hop in a cantina in Coronet on Corellia.... the name will probably be swediot :D

-Wraith 8-
 swediot=)
05-24-2003, 9:47 PM

hehe yeh:D :p no offense reap .... but it is just a litle bit
 Jan Gaarni
05-25-2003, 6:22 AM
Actually, she was referring to his previous sig-image, where Neo is holding that iron bar and runs around it on the Smith's faces. :D
 Danyx
05-25-2003, 8:53 PM
I like the one he's got now. Kind of a smart ass take on when Neo was first getting approached, before he knew his life was all a dream.

Oh, and Wraith....you locked a thread down I posted on the general board to bring people to Swediot's Cantina on the RP board in the FUNNIEST way. Its was locked (and appropriately so, didin't want to run a thread, just make an an announcement, but I gotta say it was a very funny way to do it.

I don't know if he's used that line before, but it's funny, so go read it.
 swediot=)
05-26-2003, 8:49 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Actually, she was referring to his previous sig-image, where Neo is holding that iron bar and runs around it on the Smith's faces. :D

this one is just as bad

and i only just got that stay on topic thing :lol:
 -=ReApEr=-
05-26-2003, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by swediot=)
hehe yeh:D :p no offense reap .... but it is just a litle bit

Well alot of people were moaning about it, so i decided to change it. I myself like my new one as well. :D
 Wraith 8
05-26-2003, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by Danyx
I like the one he's got now. Kind of a smart ass take on when Neo was first getting approached, before he knew his life was all a dream.

Oh, and Wraith....you locked a thread down I posted on the general board to bring people to Swediot's Cantina on the RP board in the FUNNIEST way. Its was locked (and appropriately so, didin't want to run a thread, just make an an announcement, but I gotta say it was a very funny way to do it.

I don't know if he's used that line before, but it's funny, so go read it. yes reapers sig is much better now :p

and i didnt close that thtread.. it was Jan gaarni who posted that :D :D

i just have the abbilaty to post in a thread that is already closed :p
 swediot=)
05-27-2003, 7:44 AM
hey thats what i wanna be able to do :p :D
 Wraith 8
05-27-2003, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by swediot=)
hey thats what i wanna be able to do :p :D Nope :p S mod and admin priviledge
 Jan Gaarni
05-27-2003, 2:35 PM
Mod priviledge to, Wraith. ;)
 Danyx
05-27-2003, 3:21 PM
Well, Wraith, it's still funnier than hell. I still chuckle when I read it, cuz I can hear Porkin's voice saying it.
 Wraith 8
05-27-2003, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Mod priviledge to, Wraith. ;) oh yeah .. sorry about that jan :D how could i have forgotten :D
 swediot=)
05-31-2003, 7:17 AM
probably because your not a normal mod anymore
 Yuuzhan
06-26-2003, 1:46 AM
Danyx, with a few ours now til launch if you havn't made a decision........well I still hope to see ya in our PA. If not it was nice to get to know ya anywho. :D
 Danyx
06-26-2003, 2:41 AM
My chosen PA on Starsider is The Monastery. I have not chosen a PA on Sunrunner.
 DWeld
06-28-2003, 11:21 AM
I am a mature player as well have played all of the RPG's and this is my hobby and also what I do to relax. I have been playin longer than most and enjoy gaming a lot, just finishing several years of DOAC prior to this game. I don't do beta much anymore tho have in the past, Character Name is Dethe or Mythics. send me a tell on ICQ or my email.

Very experienced RPG player and play 30-40 hours a week and have 3 accounts on swg at this time. Still trying to get a better handle for the relam and structure....typically a tank/hunter style..

nice web site btw have never taken the time to do one was impressed..I guess havent wanted to take time out from the games I guess.

Some of the response are a bit over the top tho...hmmm...lot of risk of flak when you post like this...most of my online friends were made with players I like to hunt with..but is interesting gl.

cyas around

Dethe
Page: 1 of 1