Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to transfer to new computer

Page: 1 of 1
 PEM
05-03-2003, 9:18 PM
Planning on getting a new computer soon. I know I won't be able to beat X-Wing Alliance before then. Is there a way to easily transfer current game to new computer? A friend said to copy the saved file and install it on the new computer but I don't see any files called "save". Any help would be appreciated.
Eric
 Keyan Farlander
05-03-2003, 9:44 PM
One way to be sure is to uninstall X-Wing Alliance, using the "save pilots" (or something like that) option. Save your X-Wing Alliance folder. When you get your new computer ready to go, go into Program Files and create a folder called LucasArts, and put your saved X-Wing Alliance folder in there. Then when you install the game, it should see your saved pilots.
 RogueWing
05-05-2003, 6:34 PM
In your main XWA directory, there is a file which is the same as your Pilot's name and ends with .plt.
Save that file to a disk, and you can install XWA to your new computer. Then, just place that file in the main XWA directory on your new computer, and all your pilot's info will be saved. (The file named config.cfg is the file that saves all your options in your Options page. Transfer it along with your .plt file to keep all your configurations.)
Page: 1 of 1