Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Karma System?

Page: 1 of 1
 little brother
04-30-2003, 9:21 PM
Anyone think they should Implement a Karma system? Maybe instead of crafters being able to craft weapons that use a certain "color" lazer/beam/blast/shot. That the color would depend on the certain characters Karma level. The obvious color's of the Imperial/Rebel - Darkside/Goodside would depend on Karma. (Karma is sort of a social status you get from the creatures you kill. Kill too many Good creatures will end you up with a negative karma. Kill too many Bad things will end you up with a positive.
 Jackrabbit
04-30-2003, 9:47 PM
I think it's a cool idea, but not in this game. The Devs are going for realism (continuity wise), and that would never happen.
 Wraith 8
05-01-2003, 5:25 PM
yeah.. well. i dont think that would work in this game.. its not really starwarsy :D
 -=ReApEr=-
05-01-2003, 6:42 PM
Like having pounds/dollors insead of credits it wont work :p
 Kaiser Spaso
05-01-2003, 9:30 PM
i don't want to go around walking on egg shells being afraid i might accidently kill an evil monster.
 StarCords
05-02-2003, 11:55 AM
I actually think it might work. (only it would be killing Rebs or Imps, not monsters). To distort 3PO's quote, "The odds of sucsessfully implementing a Karma System into SWG ar approximently 3720 to 1!". Then again, Han did get through the asteroid field. However, it's fine just the way it is about Rebs and Imps right now. To be "Bad" all you have to do is overt to the Empire. To be "good" all you have to do overt to the Rebels. Much more Star Warsy.
 Jackrabbit
05-02-2003, 5:37 PM
Just because your Imp doesn't mean your bad, your just receiving orders from bad people.
 StarCords
05-04-2003, 4:27 PM
I'm just using the common stereotype as an easy example.
 Exar_reborn
05-05-2003, 10:36 PM
lil bro do you use Karma? or did you just read about it to get the idea?
Page: 1 of 1