Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

more than 1 character

Page: 1 of 1
 Blademaster_109
04-25-2003, 9:30 PM
i am probably going ot have 4 or 2. i want to have a memeber of the light and dark side that can weild a dual and staff light sabers what about you.
 Taos
04-25-2003, 9:34 PM
Are you talking about having multilple saved games or what?
 StormHammer
04-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Are you talking about having multilple saved games or what?

If he isn't...I probably will. I like to try out different scenarios in similar situations. I did it with Dungeon Siege, for example...had different characters with different abilities going through the same areas just to see how it panned out.

So given the apparent versatility of JA in this regard, I will probably start a couple of games using differently configured characters. Although the first levels might be similar, when you get the ability to choose dual sabers or the dualstaff, and choices between light and dark side force powers, it will be interesting to play through the game kind of in parallel to see how it changes for each character.
 taekwondo joe
04-26-2003, 12:35 AM
yeah i will have a mabey six charactors, a lightside singel saber, lightside doubel, lightside staff, and the same for the dark, 3 dark, 3 light, save them all, it should be fun!
 HertogJan
04-26-2003, 6:58 AM
That would be really boring :) No I prefer to do play it differently every time I play JA, not at the same time though...
 Taos
04-26-2003, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
That would be really boring :) No I prefer to do play it differently every time I play JA, not at the same time though...

Agreed, I'm only going to have one saved game at a time. That's good enough for me, because there will be other games I will be playing - namely KOTOR, so I don't want to put all my time into one game. So many games to play, so little time...:D
 Prime
04-26-2003, 1:38 PM
This is the way I usually go too. I play it all the way through once, and then if I play again I'll do it differently. Only one character at a time for me though! :)
 Blademaster_109
04-27-2003, 3:56 PM
it will be fun to play it again too if you don't do all the missions, and you can always get a different ending.
 Emon
04-27-2003, 7:41 PM
Being able to choose your own missions as well as create your own character, choose Force powers and even build your own lightsaber adds so much to replayability it's not even funny.
 Blademaster_109
04-27-2003, 10:34 PM
yeah, it will be like the old goosebumps books where u chose what u do.
 Prime
04-28-2003, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by Emon
Being able to choose your own missions as well as create your own character, choose Force powers and even build your own lightsaber adds so much to replayability it's not even funny. Definitely. You could probably play through ten times and still not use all the options...
 taekwondo joe
04-28-2003, 2:22 PM
ooooo soooo exciting
 HertogJan
04-28-2003, 3:36 PM
And still... I think the 'non linearity' (sp?) is going to be dissapointing. There are a lot of games that should have non-linear gameplay, but in most cases it was just plain bull**** :(
 Prime
04-28-2003, 3:37 PM
And still... I think the 'non linearity' (sp?) is going to be dissapointing. There are a lot of games that should have non-linear gameplay, but in most cases it was just plain bull**** :( Why? What are the problems?
 Iblis Reborn
04-28-2003, 5:04 PM
i think its gonna be just like tachyon (i loved that game)

u just choose when you wanna do the missions and some you can probably skip (but why would you want to)

in this game instead of choosing sides near the begining though they say its gonna be decided on how you act or something
 Blademaster_109
04-28-2003, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Definitely. You could probably play through ten times and still not use all the options...

Maybe 20 like goosebumps. lol
 CanadianSurfer
04-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Why not just have one character?
 Blademaster_109
05-01-2003, 6:59 PM
so you can have a different ending. So if ur torn apart like me from choosing what light sabers u want u can have both. there are several answers to ur question.
 Prime
05-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CanadianSurfer
Why not just have one character? This is certainly the way I'll be playing it. When I pick my options, it will probably be because they are the ones I'm most keen on anyways.
 Blademaster_109
05-01-2003, 10:43 PM
The first time i beat it i play the game based on my sense, but don't you want to see the other endings and stuff.
 Andy867
05-02-2003, 6:08 AM
I will probably set up multiple Characters. One that will be the typical hero and be all good and beats evil, then have a character that kind of strays into evil to save the day, then the one who becomes evil but comes back to the good side at the end, then finally a character who is so evil, it makes Lucifer/Satan/Prince of Darkness look like saint.
I will do this because I feel that in order to experience the whole game, you need to be able to inspect every aspect of the game, not just straight through be a hero like Katarn.
 HertogJan
05-02-2003, 7:08 AM
But without civilians to kill, you can't be really EVIL can you? Only the forcepowers you choose make you go to the dark/lightside of the force :(

Oh, and you forgot Beezlebub (or whatever ;))
 StormHammer
05-02-2003, 11:54 AM
But without civilians to kill, you can't be really EVIL can you? Only the forcepowers you choose make you go to the dark/lightside of the force :(

Oh, and you forgot Beezlebub (or whatever ;))

I agree. I still wish there was a morality meter in place, so every time you kill a civilian, you swing further to the Dark side. It worked well in JK. Although by choosing your Dark side Force powers you are making a conscious choice to be Evil, killing civilians and doing really nasty things in the game would seem far more realistic, IMHO. I think the only reason they're not allowing it is because they probably don't want to get into a Vice City or Postal scenario - it's probably considered a bad influence on the young, or something. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, someone will be able to make a mod or something later on...

BTW, it's Beelzebub. ;)
 Prime
05-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
The first time i beat it i play the game based on my sense, but don't you want to see the other endings and stuff. I'll probably go through as a good guy and then a bad guy. Other than that, I won't try and play every different nuance of the game.

Besides, there's multiplayer too :)
 Andy867
05-02-2003, 1:21 PM
Its like in the movie XxX with Vin Diesel when he steals the corvette and starts talking about the senator he says," You remember Dick, he was the guy that said all video games breed violence and disturb the education of America. C"mon Dick, its the only education we got. ":)
 Toa Tahu
05-02-2003, 1:36 PM
I think I'll just play until I come to a point where I DO have to make a point to the light or dark side,then I'll save.

From then on,one light side save and anotehr dark side save.
 Blademaster_109
05-02-2003, 6:39 PM
good point, i'll also save where you choose the light sabers you want.
 Solbe M'ko
05-04-2003, 8:13 PM
I'm more interested in knowing if you'll get jedi buddies and if they'll be smart enough to make a difference.
:duel:
 Solbe M'ko
05-04-2003, 8:19 PM
quote:
"I still wish there was a morality meter in place, so every time you kill a civilian, you swing further to the Dark side."

You shouldn't have to kill civies to go dark. It should be determined by your actions and tactics. For example, if you pull the gun out of an enemy's hands, then kill him anyway, your morality should decrease. Conversely, if you were to take time away from your mission to help the locals (Repairing the bridge, anyone?) your morality could increase. Your morality should also determine your actions so that you couldn't be a father-raping mother-stabbing badass the first half of the game, then turn around and help fix the newlyweds' landspeeder.
 StormHammer
05-04-2003, 8:37 PM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
quote:
"I still wish there was a morality meter in place, so every time you kill a civilian, you swing further to the Dark side."

You shouldn't have to kill civies to go dark. It should be determined by your actions and tactics. For example, if you pull the gun out of an enemy's hands, then kill him anyway, your morality should decrease. Conversely, if you were to take time away from your mission to help the locals (Repairing the bridge, anyone?) your morality could increase. Your morality should also determine your actions so that you couldn't be a father-raping mother-stabbing badass the first half of the game, then turn around and help fix the newlyweds' landspeeder.

I totally agree with you. It doesn't just have to be about killing civilians - the points you raised are all relevant. I only used that as an example, because that was the way they achieved it in the original Jedi Knight game. I wish they could come up with a more complex morality system along the lines you suggest - it would add a great deal to the gameplay.

It's just another missed opportunity, I guess... :(
 Solbe M'ko
05-04-2003, 8:40 PM
Missed opportunities, yeah. Lucasarts has been making those same mistakes since about 1995.
 Blademaster_109
05-04-2003, 9:50 PM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
I'm more interested in knowing if you'll get jedi buddies and if they'll be smart enough to make a difference.
:duel:

yeah, not like the last ones at the academy.
 Emon
05-05-2003, 3:52 AM
They're plenty smart, but their reaction times just don't hold up to the shadowtroopers.

The JediF NPC is the best Jedi ally in the game, although you never get to play with it.

JediF + Tavion = owned Tavion
 Blademaster_109
05-05-2003, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by Emon
They're plenty smart, but their reaction times just don't hold up to the shadowtroopers.

The JediF NPC is the best Jedi ally in the game, although you never get to play with it.

JediF + Tavion = owned Tavion

yeah, i once lead the other jedi to 1 dark jedi and i ran i came back and they r dead.
 Solbe M'ko
05-05-2003, 7:44 PM
But not just in fights though. Jedi shouldn't just stand around in one area, they should follow you until they die, or until something else catches their interest. Plus, there should be more of them, not just in the academy, but going on missions with you. They should also have a reason to be there. I found that all them jedi in the academy really weren't doing anything to fight off the invaders, they just stood in the training areas and waited for the shadowtroops to find them.
Page: 1 of 1