Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PS2's XBox's and PC's... Oh my!

Page: 1 of 1
 Sunshine Badass
04-24-2003, 8:03 PM
I was wondering about the console versions. Now they are a bad idea, right? Especially when you cannot really download the space expansion or other large updates. On XBox, maybe, you would just buy the expansions seperately and install them on the hardrive, but where does that leave poor OLD PS2? With no hardrive...

Another question: Console players will not be able to play with PC players, correct? That means splitting the audience and player base out across yet 20 MORE servers. (If there are still 10 servers for the consoles that is.) To me, this is starting to look like a pretty lonely galaxy. :(

I have no fear though, as the fan base shall only grow.

And console graphics cannot be updated either to take full utilization of the future dynamic hardware... They are static graphics chips.

Is console SWG a bad idea? Especially coming out on TWO consoles?
 Exar_reborn
04-24-2003, 8:34 PM
I think it will take away from the PC servers. but hey less lag. I will always be PC for MMORPGs (except for Finaly Fantasy X part II) that should be good. but thats something else. PC ALL THE WAY. DOWN WITHT THE CONSOLES.
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-25-2003, 5:14 PM
Is EQ Adventures fun? I don't think a MMO's and consoles mix very well. I know they have a keyboard and all, but it's just...ugh.
 setsuko
04-26-2003, 2:47 AM
" PC for MMORPGs (except for Finaly Fantasy X part II)"

What the *Beep* are you talking about? FFX-2 will be a singleplayer playstation-only RPG just like all other FF's since FFVII, featuring Yuna, Rikku, and that new girl. Final Fantasy XI, however, is a completely different thing. But I sincerely doubt it will work; either it's true to all that is FF, and then it would suck as a mmorpg. Or it would be a good mmorpg, but then it would suck as FF. No eating the cake and keep it.

Oh, and lately I found out why God created the X-box and the PS2. It's for playing Soul Calibur 2. Frankly, all other games could be burnt to a crisp, and I would still keep my PS2.

Theee amaaaazing....... VOLDO!
 Jackrabbit
04-26-2003, 1:45 PM
A friend on mine says FFXI is really good (he's got the Jap version)...but I try not to take people's word for it. I end up getting dissapointed in the end.
 BobaFettWp
04-26-2003, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by Exar_reborn
I think it will take away from the PC servers. but hey less lag. I will always be PC for MMORPGs (except for Finaly Fantasy X part II) that should be good. but thats something else. PC ALL THE WAY. DOWN WITHT THE CONSOLES.

I think that putting them on consoles is a good thing. PS2 will be coming out with a HD for online games that there planning in the future. As for SWG, they should just make it a cable connection requirement and they would probably but them on the same servers as the PC players so that the population would be bigger and they wouldnt have to make updates for every console that the game is on.
 Sunshine Badass
04-26-2003, 10:13 PM
They still need to make updates to every console the game is on, as you CANNOT download the Space Expansion. They, the Dev's, stated that they would have patches for the game as downloads, and I agree that if the PS2 got a hardrive, then they WOULD be able to download patches. The Dev's have said that the Space Expansion will NOT be downloadable, becasue there will be too much data. That is why they must be newly packaged and sold retail.

If the hardrive came out for PS2, what is it? $199.99 more to tack onto the price? Oh, and the possibility of getting a free Twisted Metal: Black - Online when you buy the network adapter for $39.99? Along with monthly fees and the original cost of the game? Then buying the space expansion?

THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless this is all worked out and they do something better than "Here is a static SWG game. It will be surpassed by the PC community, costs a BUTT-load, and the expansions are non-existant... Well, have fun."

I think that is a bad idea, so what are they ACTUALLY going to do?
 Ghost mantis
05-01-2003, 10:35 AM
i will be getting it on PC and then on xbox when it comes out

PS2 will not handle this game very well

xbox will be able to run this game no prob and be upgradeable aswell, and the cherie on top about xbox is the voice chat which kicks ass

don't lie to yourselfs guys,i play PC games all the time and i play EQ on PC, but when a MMORPG comes out for xbox it will dominate over all others

and just to add that XBL is broadband only :D
 Sunshine Badass
05-01-2003, 9:35 PM
The voice chat on XBox Live just sucks vinagar balls. BIG ones too. All that voice chat is used for is learning to be a sailor and sounding like a little girl. Most people are hard to understand anyway, so what is the point??? Unless you are playing with friends. So when my headset communicator was eaten by the cats, I shed not a tear. Instead I laughed... Then asked, "They chewed what up? What the hell is that? OH! The XBox thingy. Right." Then I laughed again. Worthless piece of... :mad: :mad: :mad:
 Ghost mantis
05-02-2003, 3:37 AM
you just don't like the voice chat because you want to pretend to be a girl :sbdance

and i have no problem with my comunicator :laughing:
 StarCords
05-02-2003, 11:48 AM
I don't have PS2 or X-box, so none of this concerns me.
 Evad
05-02-2003, 4:51 PM
I have a PS2 and I am still going to play it on the computer; for several reasons really. First off if they release any patches or add-on packs for the game, you would be able to get them for PC but not on the PS2. Secondly, there is this feeling about games, where some games just feel like PC games and some feel like console games ya know? I think Galaxies is more suited towards the PC, the devs did say the manual is well over 100 pages for Galaxies, I don't see a person being able to take advantage of all of the features Galaxies has with a console controller.
 -=ReApEr=-
05-02-2003, 4:58 PM
Swgalaxies wouldn't work on ps2 or xbox it will be best suited on pc and easier for the game developers :)
 Sunshine Badass
05-02-2003, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Ghost mantis
you just don't like the voice chat because you want to pretend to be a girl :sbdance

and i have no problem with my comunicator :laughing:

The problem was I could sound like a little girl. ;)

If I wanted to pretend, I could have taken better care of it and continued my girl being ways. :D

But since every other word was, "Chuck *static* *static* DUDE, you **** ****!!! That was ******* AWESOME you little ****. ****!!! I am gonna **** your mommy you little *******!"

Then the cats came and I was happy. There was much more smiling after that. :D :D :D
Page: 1 of 1