Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

beta tests

Page: 1 of 1
 obi wan knuble
04-18-2003, 2:51 PM
Hey who here is on the beta? I work at EB and a couple people said the reason for the constent delays is the beta testers are saying the game is too crappy right now to release. I was just wondering what anyone who is on the beta has to say, because I havent really been checking up on the game much.:syoda:
 legameboy
04-18-2003, 4:00 PM
its called Non-Discloser Agreement dude, no one in beta can say anything about beta except that they are in it, so no one can tell you anything about it really, :)
 Jan Gaarni
04-18-2003, 5:28 PM
O-K, I can see this turning into a flamefest pretty fast. :)
 Jan Gaarni
04-18-2003, 6:03 PM
On second thought, maybe I'm getting alittle overdramatic here. :D

Carry on ... but no flaming. ;)
 Wraith 8
04-18-2003, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by obi wan knuble
Hey who here is on the beta? I work at EB and a couple people said the reason for the constent delays is the beta testers are saying the game is too crappy right now to release. I was just wondering what anyone who is on the beta has to say, because I havent really been checking up on the game much.:syoda: first let me say...

Welcome to
SWGalaxies.net

Hi im Wraith 8 your local Moderator.
Please Read this before you post! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71567)
If you have any problems what so ever, send a Private Message to me.

Here you have your welcome gift to the forums :D:
*gives a large box full of Chocolate Gnorts (http://www.swgalaxies.net/extras/chocognort.jpg)*)

second of all :D... are you working for EBgames? like in the site?
Like Legamyboy said... people in Beta can only say that they ARE in beta... nothing more..
and i know a couple of guys who are in fact in beta... and one of them does a good job.. and the other.. well for what he told me.. doesnt play it at all......

SO maybe your right.. and maybe you arent.. dont really know. :D

I hope to see you around more :D

C ya

-Wraith 8-
 Reborn Outcast
04-18-2003, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by obi wan knuble
I work at EB and a couple people said the reason for the constent delays is the beta testers are saying the game is too crappy right now to release.

I don't know where they are pulling this out...
 setsuko
04-18-2003, 8:09 PM
Point is: dissapointed beta testers shout out loud that the game sucks, because they don't worry about being thrown out of the beta and being banned from future retail SWG. Satisfied beta testers, however, keep their mouths shut so they can stay in the game.

So, if you think for a while, you'll realize we only get one side's story. It's called 'criticism of one's sources', and is about always thinking about who says it, and why. It is something way to rare among people unfortunately, especially in some specific country at the moment. I'm not mentioning names, though. It's not about being paranoid, it's about analyzing and thinkin an additional step all the time. You'll notice that a lot of things you take for granted actually being bullcrap the day you learn this technique properly. It will enable you to form a more proper view of your entire life and environment. Good luck!
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-19-2003, 2:02 AM
Exactly, the voice of the unhappy is always louder than that of the happy. Take for example, the anti-war protestors. I say, why don't all of us who support the war go march outside with our posters and pickets shouting, Let's go Bush, or U.S.A.- U.S.A.? *confidently walks out of his door and starts shouting Pro-War slogans* People will probably look at me wierd, but that's okay, I get that all the time ;) You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can make all the people happy all the time. Also, take for example, good news doesn't make news attractive like bad news. No one flips on MSNBC or any 24hr news channel to see if some joe did a good deed. They want to find out if that guy really did kill his wife and unborn child.

To round that up- it's just noise, I'm still confidently waiting for teh devs to give us a release date.
 -=ReApEr=-
04-19-2003, 3:38 AM
I really should work for the beta you know why?As i played splinter cell american release and it is buggy as hell no one cared about the game for pc and it took month's for them to sortit out :(

And back to the discussion :rolleyes: I would just be overwhelmed by being picked for the beta let alone if the game was buggy etc it's to be exspected :)
 Jan Gaarni
04-19-2003, 5:26 AM
Take for example, the anti-war protestors. I say, why don't all of us who support the war go march outside with our posters and pickets shouting, Let's go Bush, or U.S.A.- U.S.A.?

Because you're getting what you want. There's no need to protest. :)
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-19-2003, 9:40 AM
That is quite true. But I ment it more in the way of, "going out and show you support it." Not just letting the protestors have a field day. That sort of thing.
 Jan Gaarni
04-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Well, there's a saying here: Those he keep silent, approves. :)
Page: 1 of 1