Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

UPDATE : Luke Skywalker - Hoth Gear

Page: 1 of 1
 HapSlash
04-12-2003, 1:53 AM
For those who may remember, way back when I was originally skinning, I started a Hoth Rebel Forces skin pack but never released it.

The reason was that I was never completely happy with how most of the details on the skin, such as the goggles and hat, were just painted onto the head. While this looked good from a distance, up close it looked pretty bad.

Now that I've gotten better at modeling I thought I'd go back to those original skins, and see what could be done with them.

I've been working on it a little and thought that I'd give a sneak peek at the model so far.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/luke-hoth0.jpg)

And here it is with the old textures.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/luke-hoth1.jpg)

I'm not sure if I should try to add more detail to the model, such as pocket flaps and the various boxes located on his uniform. It might be worth it, but then again it might just be a waste of time.
 .:Solusar:.
04-12-2003, 3:59 AM
Wow those look pretty good too me. unlesss those are the ones that need to be fixed. But whether old or new they look pretty darn good. Good Job Keep up the good work and maybe you will be one of them legendary modelers.;)
 ninja
04-12-2003, 4:48 AM
hey niw tthats nice to see. its always nice to see some traditional characters being made. great job.
04-12-2003, 6:32 AM
Originally posted by Scouttrooper
Looks very good ! but why dont you finish the other 15 models first ? you keep starting with new ones...... what i mean ,.. I CANT WAIT FOR THOSE GREAT MODELS !!!!! ;)

Princess Leia
Imperial Officers Skin Pack
Hoth Rebel Troopers
AT-AT Driver
General Veers
Hoth Battle Gear
Imperial Snow Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
Dengar
IG-88 Asassin Droid
The FARSCAPE Project
X-Wing Pilot
Cylon Centurion
Ka D'Argo
Kyle Katarn - Dark Forces

:rolleyes: hmm

O yea now I remember those. Man it must have been a long time since ive seen those. Well um anyway what did happen to all of those wonderful masterpieces?
 boinga1
04-12-2003, 9:32 AM
Sweet.
 Darth NeoVenom
04-12-2003, 10:26 AM
This model looks awesome.
I didn't even know he was making:

Princess Leia
Imperial Officers Skin Pack
Hoth Rebel Troopers
AT-AT Driver
General Veers
Hoth Battle Gear
Imperial Snow Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
Dengar
IG-88 Asassin Droid
The FARSCAPE Project
X-Wing Pilot
Cylon Centurion
Ka D'Argo
Kyle Katarn - Dark Forces
:D :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Darth NeoVenom
04-12-2003, 1:53 PM
Thankz for the link Scouttrooper :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Pnut_Man
04-12-2003, 3:41 PM
The model looks great so far, I can't see any flaws but then again I'm not a modeller...

I'm also wondering if your kyle katarn model will be released to the public? That thing looks sexy as hell :p
 HapSlash
04-13-2003, 12:42 AM
I'd like to take all the credit for the DF Kyle model, but I'm afraid I can't. It's been a joint effort between myself and Infinity_Blade. It was started for the sole purpose of being used in the Dark Forces TC. I'm not certain of it's exact future either, as I handed all the materials I had back to I.B. to finish. So, if you're interested in the model seek him out on the Dark Forces Mod forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=396).

As for the other models, each one of them has their own reason for being unfinished. When I started modeling for JKII I had no previous modeling experience, but jumped in with both feet, as a result many of my earlier models have had numerous problems that I've had to go back and fix, and some of them require actual work, and I'm generally against that.

So,... I work on the models as the mood strikes me. often finding inspiration to work on a specific project and putting the others aside, until I'm inspired to work on another. Some of them, such as the X-Wing Pilot, are basically finished and are only waiting to be put into the game (which again requires work,... ). While others I'm just not happy with how they're turning out, and I slowly work on them in silence.

But rest assured, I'm still working on them.
 Infinity Blade
04-13-2003, 9:34 AM
This Ming's a Psycho...
Heh.... :D
 t3rr0r
04-13-2003, 9:44 AM
you're a god damn machine, hap. :D
 ronbrothers
04-13-2003, 9:33 PM
Damn Hap,

Everytime I begin to think you've left JK2, you always return with something new and breathtaking! This model with your old skin looks fine. I don't think the pockets make that much difference.

I'm also still looking forward to your Imp Officers skins.
 Master_Payne
04-13-2003, 9:48 PM
The model is just great, the textures are great too, only the face can be improved (seems to be the same of raven's luke) and that think in the Jedi Academy that makes you trials and talks about desann its not luke its a... (didn't have a word for it) I think its on the eyes, seems that luke havn't sleep in weeks.
Great model again.
 HapSlash
04-16-2003, 2:32 PM
Yeah, for the time being I just used the textures off of the JO luke skin. I've been messing around with a new face for luke, but I'm not sure if I want to make totally new textures for it. Everyone recognizes the original skin as being Luke, so there may not be much point in creating an entirely new face.

This is what I've done so far.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/new_luke_face.jpg)
 Master_Payne
04-16-2003, 4:16 PM
Agree with above post its awesome!, totally new or not i dont cara, just the eyes that are "no lukes", that face looks great, and the body textures too, good luck with whatever is left with the model...
 HapSlash
04-17-2003, 2:13 PM
Thanks,...

With all the projects I'm doing I really didn't want to have to do the face over anyway.

And those projects are starting to pile up,... Just think of all the ones I've started but haven't told anyone about. :dev7:
 Rebel_Spy
04-17-2003, 2:26 PM
Looking good! as always HapSlash!. keep up the good work dude!!
 t3rr0r
04-17-2003, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by HapSlash
Just think of all the ones I've started but haven't told anyone about. :dev7:
:O hap, you'll be one of the greatest tributaries to jo... once you release all your projects.

/me hopes hap sticks around for ja
 -=DarkZero=-
04-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Yeah I agree,I can't wait for the pilot and hoth models :D
Good job
04-18-2003, 2:21 AM
WOW.. that model looks pretty darn good. Especially the facial detail and stuff like that. I like the scars and marks on his face. looking very good!.. I can't wait for this model/models to come out!.
 Shotokan
04-23-2003, 6:01 AM
Wow... Looks good dude! Heh I hope this one doesn't die out. This has a lot of potential.
 boinga1
04-24-2003, 12:10 AM
Again, I must say: Sweet! :D :rock:
 Solbe M'ko
05-03-2003, 4:26 PM
That Luke is great. The textures, however a bit too clean for my liking, but that DOES look better ingame. This is on my top ten list of awesome models.
:horn:
Page: 1 of 1