Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Galaxies Servers

Page: 1 of 1
 Evad
04-10-2003, 9:38 AM
Other than the servers that have been assigned an "unofficial pvp title" are there any differences between the servers?

Also, being located in Kansas, which servers would be better for me to use... East Coast or West Coast? I'm kind of at an equal distance from both.
 UnfrozenCaveman
04-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Since you are equal distance it won't really matter. Although, if they had servers in Austin, Tx...then I'd pick that one. There is no physical difference between the servers. Just which each one is primarily for. Like a PVP server- you'll find more PVP than usual on another server. Same goes for the RP servers. The greater majority (lol- kind of like Jumbo Shrimp) of players picked that server because they plan on role playing. So, I guess it's what you want to do, otherwise it won't matter which server. Just remember you can only have one character per server.
 setsuko
04-10-2003, 1:16 PM
Really, there is very little difference where the server is located, unless your ISP (internet service provider) has some really stupid lines. On the servers... well, Eclipse is the unofficial european server, I think Bloodfin and another server are unofficial PvP servers, and then there's some minor groups that has also claimed servers as 'theirs', I think both the german and the italian players have started to plan on staying on special servers. But then, I haven't looked into the servers lately (because it is not that relevant to me), so things might have changed.
 Deft Aklin
04-10-2003, 4:11 PM
Don't forget the most important....
Starsider, the unofficial RP server.
 PatoriaN
04-13-2003, 2:27 AM
Also dont measure the servers by georaphical location, you need to know how the cable lines are laid. So even if one server is further away it could be less laggy. For example its possible for me to get a better ping a US server then some US players and I live in Australia.
 legameboy
04-13-2003, 11:46 AM
why would they make rping servers and pvp servers (forgive me if i misunderstood) its so stupid, i now have to make two characters that are the same so that i can do what i want to and i will also have to be switching servers alot! GRR
 Jackrabbit
04-13-2003, 3:31 PM
Well, you can still do PvP and RP on the other servers, they just want people, when they go on these servers, to expect either more PvP or RPing. Also, these are all unofficial, so...
 setsuko
04-13-2003, 6:48 PM
Exactly. You can PvP and roleplay on any server, but if you join an unofficial PvP server you'll know there's more players willing to PvP than on an average server, and the same for a RP server. And you're more likely to meet german players on an unofficial german server, etc. It's just a matter of some servers being a meetingplace for likeminded players, so you know where to look if you know exactly what you look for.
 legameboy
04-13-2003, 9:26 PM
ok, i KNEW i misunderstood sumthing
Page: 1 of 1