Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

3 saber styles or the guns.

Page: 1 of 1
 JEDI OUTCAST
04-09-2003, 9:37 PM
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy has 3 saber styles. whould you play with the saber or the guns.

can i just add. that i sent a email to raven and lucasarts. about double lightsaber. last year. what they said is they will pass it on. then a few days ago i got a email saying that they have put it in a new game.( which we all know now it is Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.) :D
 coupes.
04-09-2003, 9:46 PM
I'll go for the sabers, but i think i'll stick with the lone saber cause if they don't want the players using only one saber to be disadvantaged, they're gonna have to put new moves and stuff.
 Smood
04-09-2003, 10:47 PM
JEDI OUTCAST, where did you send this message? I have a whole thread about our inability to contact raven!
 JEDI OUTCAST
04-09-2003, 10:52 PM
i sent it on the 29 April last year.
 Smood
04-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Sorry I think you misunderstood me, not when, where?
 Luc Solar
04-10-2003, 3:27 AM
:eyeraise: Like 103% of all JA players, I'll be using the saber AND the guns. (kinda weird poll)

Don't know which saber style though. If the double bladed can be used as a single bladed saber I might go with that since I like kicking. I do have a thing for Drizz't Do'urden-kind of fighting though...so two sabers might be cool. Or maybe just one. LoL!
 SettingShadow
04-10-2003, 8:02 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
:eyeraise: Like 103% of all JA players, I'll be using the saber AND the guns. (kinda weird poll)!

And the other -3% (including me :D )?:confused:

If the guns are like they were in JO I go saber only. I dont like any caaaaaaaaabooom weapons, I like an ordinary blaster pistol (JO AKA Briar). Actually, I started playin guns only a while, getting on the top of the list almost all the time, and I found it kinda fun owning Jedi with the Briar.. damn fools, slashing all the time, leaving their defense open, accusing me of cheating when I killed them :mad: But then I grew tired of it and went back to saber only :)

I propably use a double bladed, tho, if you wouldn't be able to use it as a single saber (wich I heard oyu will be able to), I wouldnt.

Bah, after watching the movies (except for ep2... wich I dont own) I have decided to go for a Single Blade in JA :)
 greedo626
04-10-2003, 8:17 AM
I think I'll be using the saber most of the time, but I'm not going to forget about the guns:D
 Tesla
04-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Saber defently ;)
 Prime
04-10-2003, 12:05 PM
To me, this series is all about the saber, and Academy will be even more so. I'll be sticking to the single saber as well.
 Smood
04-10-2003, 5:07 PM
Jedi Outcast please answer my question about where you e-mailed your suggestion. By where you e-mailed I mean the addresss.

Thank you.
 digl
04-10-2003, 8:10 PM
Originally posted by Smood
Jedi Outcast please answer my question about where you e-mailed your suggestion. By where you e-mailed I mean the addresss.

Thank you. when JO was being done, I sent and received answers from raven several times, looks like they don't like you :p
I emailed to personal addresses, no info@raven or things like that
 Smood
04-11-2003, 3:48 PM
They don't like me? Thats funny considering I DO NOT HAVE A PERSONAL ADDRESS TO SEND TO, unlike you.

:mad:
 Hekx
04-11-2003, 4:02 PM
Sabre-only, with Seven lightsabre forms. :p
Either that or the three stances from JO, single blade.
 HBK
04-11-2003, 5:08 PM
I play sabre only. I never put any time into using guns. I agree with Prime, JK is all about the sabres. It is just to fun and unlike any other game. How can you not use them? (that was rethorical. I do not want to start the old 'sabres vs. guns' nightmare discussions)
 digl
04-11-2003, 5:22 PM
They don't like me? Thats funny considering I DO NOT HAVE A PERSONAL ADDRESS TO SEND TO, unlike you.

:mad: calm down man!
from www.jediknightii.net) you can find the addresses!
 SPY_jmr1
04-11-2003, 5:32 PM
YES, calm down is the best advice you could have at this point...

you're geting out on very thin ice, where people ought not be playing, if you know what I mean...
 TK_Nutritious
04-11-2003, 8:19 PM
GUNS ;) I mean how can you make mid-air vids with saber?
 Khier
04-11-2003, 9:52 PM
I would totally say sabers, Hekx has a cool idea with the seven forms, although I wonder how they'd try to incorporate that with dual sabers and double bladed sabers. I'd personally go for dual sabers, and it looks like I'll be the only one :p, seems like it's either double bladed or single bladed is the trend. Anyways, I don't like the guns that much really, and as far as I can tell, hardly anyone ever uses guns...... I don't know where Luc got that 103% figure from. Although I do have a blast when sniping down someone in mid air :)

Originally posted by Luc Solar
I do have a thing for Drizz't Do'urden-kind of fighting though

Another Drizzt follower, eh? Rock on, I guess that might be a very small partial part of why I'd go with dual sabers heh
 Taos
04-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Without question it's all about the sabers for me! :D I can play any other game if I wanted to use guns! It's not SW if there are no lightsabers.....and I'm glad there will be plenty of options for them in this game! :D
 Toa Tahu
04-12-2003, 12:05 AM
I think there will be 3 styles for each stance,so 3 styles*3 stances(single blade,double,dual)=9styles altogether!

Anyway I'll still be using single saber if the saber system doesn't out a single saber at a disadvantage.
 Iblis Reborn
04-12-2003, 2:34 AM
the lightsaber is what sets these games apart from all the other shooters out there
when games like this give me the chance to run around with a lightsaber i take it! :D
 StormHammer
04-12-2003, 7:36 AM
Sabers AND guns for me. I like a mix of ranged and melee combat, and it's nice to play with new toys. :D

As for contacting Raven...I've never had a problem. I've only sent a few emails their way, and I've invariably had a response from Kenn Hoekstra. I sent the guys my Quake IV inspired fan pic, and he said he liked it and he'd send it on to the Q4 team. I guess it depends on what you're sending them.
 Smood
04-12-2003, 9:06 AM
Originally posted by digl
calm down man!
from www.jediknightii.net) you can find the addresses!

Please tell me where. I cannot find any addresses on the site.

SPY, I would appreciate it if would not talk to me.
 StormHammer
04-12-2003, 9:32 AM
Please tell me where. I cannot find any addresses on the site.

Go to www.ravensoft.com) (http://www.ravensoft.com/frameset.html) and under the menu click the icon for CONTACT...which will bring up some useful email addresses, including this one...

www@ravensoft.com

That's the one I used. ;)
 Smood
04-12-2003, 9:32 PM
THANK YOU STORMHAMMER!
 The Truthful Liar
04-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TK_Nutritious
GUNS ;) I mean how can you make mid-air vids with saber?

You could, with alittle intuition. ; )
Page: 1 of 1