Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there anyway to get all our ideas to RAVEN?

Page: 1 of 1
 Smood
04-08-2003, 10:25 PM
With so many fantastic ideas, particularlly pertaining to saber system, is there someway we can get in contact with the developers? Aside form Ken Hoeksta, the devs are really closed door on development, which in my opinion will only hinder, and injure the game.

If we had developer community interaction like other games such as Star Wars galaxies, which is constantly influenced by the community in their decisions, we would have an incredible game that would appeal to the majority, since they had a part in making it!

I JUST WISH WE COULD CONTACT THEM. Or they could see what we have here! They are professionals, yes, but we are a pool of thousands of gaming minds, we are what must be satisfied! It is advantageous for them to draw from our knowledge.
 Hekx
04-08-2003, 10:38 PM
I guess spamming the Raven guy's PM box is a no no. :D

The best idea I've heard was putting all the ideas together into a document and sending it off to Raven. I think an email was stated in another thread here.
 Smood
04-08-2003, 10:39 PM
'sending it off to raven'

Easier said then done, where is this e-mail address? :)
 Hekx
04-08-2003, 10:47 PM
This is not the official Raven Software board, just as RavenGames is no official Raven Software site. What I can offer you people though is that if you collect important requests/questions into one text file and mail it to me, I'll then post it here as a closed thread (no more postings from users into it) and try to get someone from Raven Software to answer it publicly.
http://www.ravenforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1681)

That's all that was said about it.

The 'Gameplay Suggestions' stuck thread up top has it mentioned it. I think most of the ideas from the here on the forum are somehow going to try and be sent to Raven.

Hopefully some of the Raven guys check the forums.
 Smood
04-08-2003, 11:30 PM
This is not the official Raven Software board, just as RavenGames is no official Raven Software site. What I can offer you people though is that if you collect important requests/questions into one text file and mail it to me, I'll then post it here as a closed thread (no more postings from users into it) and try to get someone from Raven Software to answer it publicly.

How...?

Thanks for the information nonetheless.
 Swoosh
04-09-2003, 2:57 AM
I don't really know how much influence we'll all have at this point. They're gonna release the game in only a few months...not much time to make significant changes.

Swoosh
 GonkH8er
04-09-2003, 5:12 AM
Even if they did pay attention to your suggestions, technically, they're not allowed to use any of them. Safe with game ideas/concepts sent to our friends at LEC. They can them all.
 Boba Rhett
04-09-2003, 5:34 AM
So you should all suggest the crap you don't want. ;)
 The_One
04-09-2003, 8:51 AM
Yeah Rhett has it spot on.

We want a break dancing Rancor!

Oh hang on a minute, I actually do want that :p
 Prime
04-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Smood
With so many fantastic ideas, particularlly pertaining to saber system, is there someway we can get in contact with the developers? Aside form Ken Hoeksta, the devs are really closed door on development, which in my opinion will only hinder, and injure the game.

If we had developer community interaction like other games such as Star Wars galaxies, which is constantly influenced by the community in their decisions, we would have an incredible game that would appeal to the majority, since they had a part in making it!

I JUST WISH WE COULD CONTACT THEM. Or they could see what we have here! They are professionals, yes, but we are a pool of thousands of gaming minds, we are what must be satisfied! It is advantageous for them to draw from our knowledge. Filling out the serveys and feedback cards is probably the best way to influence Raven/Lucasarts. That way, they can get a much better picture of what the majority of the players want, not a bunch of incompatible individual ideas. I mean, look at the auto/manual blocking thread. No one can agree on how manual blocking should be implemented. But there was a direct question on the Lucasarts survey about being able to create your own character.

And really, that is probably for the best. Certainly input is good, but Raven needs to be able to make decisions for themselves on what should and shouldn't be in the game. They know what issues are involved with certain features much better than most of us. Too many cooks spoil the broth, as it were :)
 -=ReApEr=-
04-09-2003, 2:20 PM
You can also send your idea's to a leading pc magazine.Raven's bound to read pc magazine's for review's and playtest's.

Just a thought :D
 Smood
04-09-2003, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by Prime

And really, that is probably for the best. Certainly input is good, but Raven needs to be able to make decisions for themselves on what should and shouldn't be in the game. They know what issues are involved with certain features much better than most of us. Too many cooks spoil the broth, as it were :)

Raven makes all the decisions! Yes certainly technically we have no business talking to them. But we are the people they have to satisfy, there is no possible way ORGANIZED input from us could hinder the game. If anything not taking suggestions is what calls for multiplayer patches that fix balance issues after the game has been released.

If they do not open up to the community, and there is no feedback, I believe we will have another patch problem on our hands. Another series of drastic game changes that constantly change gameplay, and infuriate those who have purchased the game.

With the combined expertise of developers, and suggestions from those WHO ARE GOING TO PLAY WHAT THEY MAKE, we can achieve a balance between idea and theory to yield an incredible game.
 Prime
04-09-2003, 8:22 PM
Raven makes all the decisions! Yes certainly technically we have no business talking to them. But we are the people they have to satisfy, there is no possible way ORGANIZED input from us could hinder the game. If anything not taking suggestions is what calls for multiplayer patches that fix balance issues after the game has been released.

If they do not open up to the community, and there is no feedback, I believe we will have another patch problem on our hands. Another series of drastic game changes that constantly change gameplay, and infuriate those who have purchased the game. I know what you are saying, but Raven being bombarded with individual complaints is probably why the patches failed to satisfy anybody. Opinions covered the whole spectrum, and no one could agree what sort of gameplay was best.

With the combined expertise of developers, and suggestions from those WHO ARE GOING TO PLAY WHAT THEY MAKE, we can achieve a balance between idea and theory to yield an incredible game. I agree! I'm really not try to say that feedback is bad. I just fear that people bombarding Raven with a whole range of ideas is going to lead us back to the current patching situation. That's why, IMHO, filling out serveys and so on is a much more effective way for Raven to get a feel for what players want. And I feel that Academy is a reflection of the feedback gained from the Lucasarts serveys.

I just recommend going through more official channels, that's all :)
 Smood
04-09-2003, 11:27 PM
DID I NOT SAY ORGANIZED?

Yes your right, random complaints is not a good idea. But if we all work together to organize a sort of ammbassadorial committee we can convey CONCENSUS to raven could we not? THIS is what I'm envisioning.
Page: 1 of 1