Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Iraqi citizens Uprising

Page: 1 of 1
 TheHobGoblin
04-07-2003, 10:41 AM
The Iraqi citizens are uprising. They already killed like 50 of Saddam's men. It's in Bazrah I think it's spelled. I can't wait to see what happens next.
 ET Warrior
04-07-2003, 1:15 PM
You know what I found interesting? I was watching the news where they were saying that the coalition was entering Baghdad, but the Iraqi news said that we WEREN'T entering Baghdad..........so the question really must be........who is lying to who? ;)
 Breton
04-07-2003, 2:04 PM
Why would they be uprising when the city is already under British control?
 TheHobGoblin
04-07-2003, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
Why would they be uprising when the city is already under British control? well there is still the resigm or whatever way you spell that.... resgim.... anyways also saddam is still around.

I think the Iraqi is lying since they been saying stuff like they been winning, which is just flat out a lie.
 Breton
04-07-2003, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
well there is still the resigm or whatever way you spell that.... resgim.... anyways also saddam is still around.

Nearly all of them have disappeared. There are only a few small fights left. And I haven't heard anything about Iraqi citizens uprising. The closest thing to that is probably Iraqis holding their thumbs up when British forces are passing.

A bit off-topic, but: How come you haven't found any WoMDs?
 El Sitherino
04-07-2003, 7:34 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
The Iraqi citizens are uprising. They already killed like 50 of Saddam's men. It's in Bazrah I think it's spelled. I can't wait to see what happens next. its spelt Basra. :D and yeah i heard about that. it tends to happen when the troops in the villages get small enough for the unarmed citizens to club em with broomhandles. :D always fun to watch ;)

:edit also it wasnt basra it was some other city. don't remember which
 Kain
04-07-2003, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
its spelt Basra. :D and yeah i heard about that. it tends to happen when the troops in the villages get small enough for the unarmed citizens to club em with broomhandles. :D always fun to watch ;)

Or to martar em...friggin stoners...I dont mean potheads either.
 TheHobGoblin
04-07-2003, 7:44 PM
I wish there was a video for that. Oh the joy of it.:D
 ShockV1.89
04-07-2003, 8:00 PM
Actually, I saw a video of a guy getting stoned to death in some third world country. It scared me, I never wanted to see it again. They tied his arms to his sides, put a white sheet over him, and put him in a hole up to his waist. Then they started throwing. It lasted a long time.

Anyway... as for the uprising, it was bound to happen. I'm not surprised it took as long as it did, though. It was a pretty oppressive regime. *awaits inevitable anti-american comment*
 obi
04-07-2003, 10:28 PM
They are saying now that they believe Saddam is dead.

If this was proven true, the war should end NOW. That's what the war was about, supposedly: to take out Saddam.
 ShockV1.89
04-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Actually, the war is to replace the regime with a democratic one. Being that one of Saddams sons could possible take his place and be just as bad as him, if not worse. I dont see the problem with going all the way and removing the entire government.

Stopping now would leave elements of the original regime in place, which would make the process of implementing a democratic regime much, much more difficult.
 obi
04-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Good point, I guess I wasn't thinking about that. :\

I guess that his followers would be delt with in due time, sort of like in WWII, when Hitler killed himself, the war ended shortly thereafter. (If I recall my history correctly)

I think this case will be similar, with the exception of the Nuremburg Trials. ;)
 Darth Groovy
04-07-2003, 11:25 PM
The thing that gets me is how the stupid Information Minister Insists how there are no troops in Bahgdad on TV, and then you can hear gunshots in the background........that is too damn funny.
 Reborn Outcast
04-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
They are saying now that they believe Saddam is dead.

If this was proven true, the war should end NOW. That's what the war was about, supposedly: to take out Saddam.

Chemical and biological weapons? We wanted to get rid of ALL those aswell.
 obi
04-08-2003, 8:06 AM
True, Reborn, but Saddam is the one who ordered the production of these weapons. I went by Logical Deduction; If you get rid of Saddam, you get rid of his weapons as well.
 Bonedemon
04-08-2003, 10:53 AM
They have yet to find chemical/biological weapons. What they found in some backwater place was anti plants-you-donґt-want-in-your-garden stuff. The official purpose of the war was to disarm the regime, but the US said "democracy" and thatґs what theyґll try to install. And fail at if I guess right.

In WW2 a lot of kids(hitler-jugend) fought on and made the war that much more bitter and bloody in the end.

In Basra a lot of civilians have pointed the british forces to where the leaders of the Baath-party is. They help them finding and eliminating the paramilitary forces who are preventing them from going out of the city.
 Luc Solar
04-08-2003, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
The thing that gets me is how the stupid Information Minister Insists how there are no troops in Bahgdad on TV, and then you can hear gunshots in the background.......

You honestly believe in that ridiculous Sionist propaganda? Fox edited those gunshots into that tape. The Americans are at least 200 miles from Baghdad except for that airport-trap they foolishly walked right into.

Iraq's victory is near and the US forces are running out of time. If they don't retreat ASAP, they will be utterly humiliated and destroyed. Things have gone exactly according to Saddam's plan and no amount of Sionist propaganda can hide the fact that the invaders are loosing this battle.

...wait! Are you calling the Iraqi Minister a LIAR?!?

Ohhh. Must stop. Too....much...sarcasm... can't......go... *gasp* ...on.
 daring dueler
04-08-2003, 4:47 PM
i hope the iraqi people see were helping and you know kill some people lol
 Bonedemon
04-24-2003, 2:03 PM
And now the Shias are demonstrating against the coalition forces and has reapetedly said they'll attck the Coalition when they are ready. Do you still believe the war was a good thing?
Page: 1 of 1