Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Raven Shield

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
04-02-2003, 11:13 PM
The new installment to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six PC game series came out this month. Has anyone else got this incredible game? With so many weapons and options that stick true to the real world, fantastic realism, top notch graphics and sound, and a steep learning curve, imho this is the best tactical shooter ever! This game takes real skill to play, no cheep tricks and manipulations here people. If you dont play realistically, you die. Thats what more games these days need I think. The learning curve is reasonable though. Learn basic and advanced tactics in single player or just make up or own and find out what works for you.

As far as cons go, well, as in all previous RS games the AI can be a bit twitchy. Either the Ts (Terrorists) are super smart or super dumb at times. Sometimes theyll pop you in the head from a mile away with a pistol at first glance without even aiming, or theyll walk right into your face through a smoke screen and not even notice you. But most of the time the AI is adequate. The single player story is...ok. Games these days are dying for a good story I think. You cant jump or climb in this game but you pretty much forget all about that once you start playin.

So in conclusion this game will blow you away, especially if you love tac shooters. The multi player alone is worth shelling out the 50 bucks for it. :D Im still amazed at how much equipment there is. Theres 16 assault rifles to choose from and thats not counting the doznes of submachine guns, shotguns, pistols, sniper rifles, etc. So from AK47s and MP5s to frag grenades and tear gas, its had me hooked ever since I bought it.

Look out Counter Strike and Americas Army, Rainbow is BACK! Imho... www.planetrainbowsix.com)
 wassup
04-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Nice graphics and new features, but its a little too "tactical" for my tastes. Meaning that some feature, like slowing opening doors and putting your weapon away to climb ladder, just take away the fun factor for me, even though they add to the realism of the game.
 Darth Eggplant
04-03-2003, 8:06 PM
it's a game based on Tom Clancy novels is it?
then I would never play it.
what the world needs most
is less Tom Clancy's.
 another_trooper
04-03-2003, 8:13 PM
im thining of getting it. . . but is it worth the 70 or 80 bucks (canadian) ? I tried the demos but they dont work!
 dark jedi 8
04-05-2003, 2:32 PM
i'll wait for it to come out on x-box, then rent it, and see if i like it.:) the screens i've seen look pretty good though.
 Shotokan
05-02-2003, 6:48 AM
I'd really like to get Raven Shield, but my computer can't handle it! ::p
 StarCords
05-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Actually I've never heard of it.
Page: 1 of 1