Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you think they should make the next Star Wars game?

Page: 1 of 1
 nycgamer
03-29-2003, 6:50 PM
Assuming you’ve played all of the ones that have already been out, what would you have changed about any of them? Or is there a game concept that they haven’t done yet that you think they should have, like a new game about Han and Chewie, or something?
 Taos
03-30-2003, 1:27 AM
I'd like to see a mix between Kotor and the Jedi Knight series. Combat similar to what JK has and the story of what Kotor promises to be. :D I think that would make one heck of a great game. :)
 Lynk Former
03-30-2003, 5:45 AM
Let's see this as what's been done and what hasn't been done shall we...

First person shooter: Already been done... example: Dark Forces

Flight Sim/Space Flight Sim: Already been done to hell... example: X-Wing

Racing: Done, but not very well in my opinion... example: Ep 1 Racer

Platform: Done, but can't do it anymore since it's too old skool... Super Star Wars ^_^

Online: Galaxies is about to come out sometime in the future...

Sport: Hmmm? That'd be interesting :p

Wrestling: ^_^ LOL none so far

RPG: Well Galaxies falls under that too, also some old skool games (Yoda Story)

Puzzle: Has there been a puzzle kinda SW game?

Pinball: Bleah, pinball games are old and boring these dayz x.x

Party: ehehe that'd be fun :p but it'd prolly also suck to so :p

Fighting: one was already made, it sucked... can it be done again?

Compilation: that's been done too

Action/Adventure/blah: been done x.x

I'd really like to see somethin vastly original in the future... they need to suprise us not just make the same things over and over x.x
 Rogue15
03-30-2003, 8:59 AM
hm. They need to make an FPS where you're the EMPIRE!!!!
 leXX
03-30-2003, 10:34 AM
I'd like to see a game similar to JK2 with a FEMALE Jedi in the lead role.
 dark jedi 8
03-30-2003, 11:14 AM
hey lexx, i think thats jk3, coming this fall,(according to some german magazine), that you will play as one of katarns students. and i think one is a female twilek? anyway you can customize their outfit, and their lightsaber! i read about it it the jk2 forums.
 leXX
03-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Really? Have you got a link to the thread you read that in please? I had no idea it might be a female in the lead role for it. If it's true, that would be my dream game.

edit/ no matter, I found it. :)
 Taos
03-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former

RPG: Well Galaxies falls under that too, also some old skool games (Yoda Story)

Hey u NOG, KOTOR is an RPG!!!!! :p :D :D

Galaxies is a MMORPG. :p
 Lynk Former
03-30-2003, 11:53 AM
*slaps Leeeeeeemu*

WHO CARES WHAT THE HELL IT IS! I'M TRYING TO MAKE THE POINT THAT IT'S ALL BEEN DONE! :D :p silly baka
 coupes.
03-31-2003, 1:32 AM
they could do a The Sims kinda game

You could live on a moisture farm for example, buy scrappy droids from jawas and drink blue milk...

OR

You could control famous characters (ie.: Darth Vader, geez, i ever wondered how he went to the bathroom...)

i guess it would be lots of fun...
 nycgamer
03-31-2003, 3:04 PM
I really want to see a 1st or 3rd person shooter about Han and Chewie's adventures. Maybe they're afraid that the newest generation of gamers won't remember or care about Han and Chewie. They could use the game engine of Splinter Cell to do a kick-ass game for any of the bounty hunters too. I don't know if anyone has played that yet, but it's the perfect model for any stealth-action game. There are so many cool SW characters that they could adapt it too.

What about the Speeder Bike chases in Return of the Jedi? Or the AT-AT battle in that movie? Video games look so much more like the movies now, Lucas Arts should be taking full advantage of it.
 dark jedi 8
03-31-2003, 6:59 PM
i think it would be cool to set a game during the time when vader and his "comrades" killed all the jedi!

they could set it up like a "select a mission" kinda thing. he would hunt them down, collect "trophies" for his emporer. and in the end they could make a bonus fight/s where you are vader, set up in the 3 OT fights. you would get to control vader against old ben, young luke, and probably the best one: against "jedi" luke in ROTJ!

the fights would be bonus, but you could choose the outcome.
what do ya all think? just an idea.:)
 Wraith 8
04-01-2003, 9:03 AM
i said it once.. and all say it again.
make a game out of Wraith squadron.
A sort of.... tombraider thing...

you fly some missions in all kinds of spaceships..
do commando missions on the ground.. where you have to sneak in
or just shoot your way.
 nycgamer
04-01-2003, 2:26 PM
MAN, these are some great ideas. I love the Vader game idea, dark jedi - nice concept. I still want to see a Han Solo game. If you ask me, Han Solo is what's missing from the new movies. Yeah, I realize that he can't be in the story for episode 1, 2 and maybe even 3, but I'm just saying that Harrison Ford really adds a kind of magic to every film he's in. Speaking of, they're having a debate over at the Splinter Cell site (http://www.splintercell.com/us/) about what actor should play Sam Fisher in a Splinter Cell movie. I voted for George Clooney. What do you think?
 dark jedi 8
04-01-2003, 9:12 PM
thanks!:)
i would have to agree with you about clooney, he would fit the part the best i think. he did good in ocean's 11, which was kinda a infiltration type thing. i think he'd do good as the cell too.
so when are they going to start shooting the movie?:)
 nycgamer
04-02-2003, 2:35 PM
I wish I knew. I'm not even sure if there are any actual plans for a movie. I just know that they were asking the question at the Splinter Cell site. George Clooney can be a real bad-ass. Remember that first Dreamworks film with Clooney in it? I can't remember the title, but it was Dreamwork's first release. Also, don't forget From Dusk Til Dawn. Yeah, he'd make a great Sam Fisher.
 nycgamer
04-02-2003, 2:36 PM
OH, I just remembered... it was called, "The Peacemaker" or "The Peacekeeper" or something like that, right?
 Stormtrooper X
05-03-2003, 3:17 PM
It'd be cool to live the movies JK3 style with dialogue boxes like in Kotor and Monkey Island for speech. So say Luke gives in to the dark side at bespin, and goes on to destroy the emperor with vader, and rule the galaxy until Leia comes along from after jedi training and then vader is brought back and stuff! That would be amazing! And then for the space flight scenes they could use the Rogue Squadron and rogue squadron 2 engine too! Brilliant would it be.:yoda:
 Random
05-03-2003, 9:07 PM
I'll tell ya what game I want to play. Cross Jedi with Dynasty Warriors 4. I love that game and it would kick so much more butt if you had Jedi instead of Chineese warriors.

Instead of the 3 kingdoms, we'd have different eras of characters. Each era would have its own story line. For example, the Sith Wars characters from the EU. The Old Republic era with the Jedi and Sith from the prequals and EU. The classic characters. NJO era with the characters and Vong from the books.

Sure the gameplay is pretty simple button mashing, but they story is great, and the stratagy involved with winning the missions is where all the fun is. And taking a new character and building them up to near deity strength. And unlocking the special maps and items.

What else could you really want then to take Mace, Aayla, or Vader in 3'd person and fight whole armies of battle droids, sith, storm troopers, or Vong.

Each Jedi would fight according to their Form of fighting. Throw in a combo attack and finish with some unique Force attack. Some saber forms would include double bladed sabers, and duel saber fighting. They could even invent a few new forms or different types of sabers. I really liked the saber blade on the end of a long staff mod for JK2. Baton style sabers like those in the Darth Maul comic. Or some of the duel phase sabers that can be extended for a longer reach.

I even went so far as to try to send the idea to LucasGames, but they won't take unsolicited suggestions. They crossed SW with AOE, why not DW4?
 Lynk Former
05-03-2003, 10:22 PM
If they're going to make a Jedi game they should make it more real, have some way to control the lightsaber more. I know of one way but it involves the GameCube :p

You could use the normal Controls Stick for movement and all, but combine the controls stick with the actions of the C-Stick and you can perform complex lightsaber moves and all. *nods*
 swphreak
05-03-2003, 11:50 PM
I want to see a SPace RTS game to be made. It is about freakin' time they need to make one. Star Trek has one. Are they gonna let some Trekkies get a cool Space RTs while Star Wars doesn't? They better start making one soon. When Homeworld 2 comes out, I'lll be playing that to death.. along with SWG :D
 teutonicknight
05-04-2003, 3:12 AM
I want a good old shoot em up game,. Kind of like Rouge Squadron, which is one of my favorite games. If they can't do that, they could at least port over Rouge Squadron 2 to PC... i've been wanting to play that, but I don't have a gamecube... :(
Page: 1 of 1