Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Postlude to Holocaust Discussion (Part II)

Page: 1 of 1
 Redwing
03-18-2003, 11:20 PM
The first thread was rather cluttered, so here's a new space.

First, a couple things I'm afraid people have forgotten:

[list=1]
The group is not going to get to actually use the Time Matrix, or if they do, will be unable to stop the Holocaust. Remember, Cantina 7 has to happen.
At the end of the story, which will last ten quests (one down, nine to go), all remaining characters in the group will be (somehow) transferred to the main Cantina-verse.
[/list=1]

Second, I have a question. Do we want to make a thread per quest in PtH? Since there will be ten quests, that would make eleven threads (counting the two already made) and maybe a finale thread. Or should there be a thread per two quests, or just base it on length/cliffhanger-worthiness like the Cantina threads?
 Kuuki
03-19-2003, 9:45 AM
Yes I agree that there should be a limit on how meny quests per a thread

but remember this time line shoudl only last for 20 years

and thus far it has been a few weeks already and the group is on the second quest.

there has to be a slow-down and some tiem to pass between quests, or at least the time needing to complete a quest is much longer. Lets say that the second quest is part of a series of places, which in order to find these places 'research' has to be made to find those places, which could take a good amount of time.
 Admiral
03-19-2003, 12:10 PM
They haven't started the second quest yet Scar. What is currently going on is something of a side quest. Don't worry about the 20 year time period. THat is easily handled.
 Deac
03-19-2003, 2:31 PM
Perhaps they are only able to make sure the Cantina heroes FIND the time matrix...
 Kuuki
03-19-2003, 6:28 PM
Admiral: Oh. :D

Deac: that sounds cool. but i thought it was planned that the group would combine with their 'saved' time line counter parts?

(like the group did in the end of c7 and the beginning of c8)
 Redwing
03-19-2003, 8:27 PM
Deac: Well...Ken'atra found/stole the Time Matrix. That made Cantina 7 happen. How's this for an idea...while the group believes they're trying to find the Time Matrix, the true purpose of this quest is a sort of 'baptism of fire' to test the group for something...else. Perhaps to be used as a sort of deus ex machina, or simply to create another powerful force for good. Maybe it's the plan of the Aeges, or some other 'Higher Being(s)', to make some good come of a bad thing (the Holocaust).

What do you think?

Scar: No. There will be no combining. That only happened with the Irvines because of something Craynor did to them.

When the surviving PtH characters end up in the main time line, there will be doubles. However because of the character development and changes that are bound to happen through PtH, they will be quite different. :)

If you don't want doubles, then your characters can always be killed off somehow.
 Kuuki
03-20-2003, 6:52 AM
Red: (Hey look red's red :p) Well i was just wondering, becuase i sorta got screwed up :D
Page: 1 of 1