Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer Map question!!!!!!!! very important!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 shukrallah
03-17-2003, 11:29 PM
ok i know i should know this but, here it goes:

what do i have put in my map, so that other people can jin, or do i only need 1 info_player_start or will i need something else, because i started thinking about this and how do i get peopl eto restart at different place like when u first join ur in the corner, when u die and respawn u are in the middle how do i get it to do that? is it world spawn o something.....

also off topic question, at the end of a single player map, how do i get the map to end.....

please at least answere the 1st question im new to map and need to know these things!!!!!!!!
 master_thomas
03-17-2003, 11:57 PM
In MP, you use multiple info_player_deathmatch entities. I don't think you can control the order in which they can be used by players.

In SP, use a target_levelchange activated by a trigger_once at the end of the level. I think, use the mapname key(it might be different) and a value as the name of the target map.
 shukrallah
03-18-2003, 5:35 PM
oh ok, thanks a lot dude!!!

how do i end a single player level though, u know when the level is finished and there are no more levels after that?
 master_thomas
03-18-2003, 6:53 PM
What do you mean? Do you want ending credits, the final JK2 symbol video, or to just be taken back to the menu? The credits automatically start the video and the video takes you back to the menu.

Kengo's tutorial covers the credits, but I don't know the URL off the top of my head. Search the forums for it,

Have the trigger_once trigger a target_scriptrunner. Target it at ther script you will make. Don't type anything except the directory it is in (under scripts) and the name. (if it's scripts/myscripts/script1, make it myscripts/script1. Don't type scripts) Use behave ed to make the following:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VIDEO_PLAY", "video/******.roq" );

Make that with behave ed, compile it, and put the .ibi in the scripts part of the pk3. If you don't have behave ed, you can't compile scripts. If you don't have JK2 editing tools2(this has behave ed and effects ed), get them.

Find the proper video, I think it's the last one. It shows three or four lines coming together to make the JK2 symbol. I think it also takes you back to the menu. Select that. It will replace the asterisks.

If it doesn't, use Kengo's tutorial on credits. If you screw up the credits file, like erase (CARD#0) I did that once, lol, it will skip the credits and go to the video. That will take you to the menu.
 shukrallah
03-18-2003, 8:08 PM
cool, so i just play that last movie with the logo that moves around at the JKII and it will take me to the menu, ok ill try that, thanks for your help, and i know where kengo's tutorials are (in my favorites) thats where i learned to make cutscences!! and from a little help from kengo....:D

thanks dude!
Page: 1 of 1