Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars is Taking over like a virus

Page: 1 of 1
 vegitablepulp
03-09-2003, 4:39 PM
I am trully sorry to all of those star wars fans who feel that they need to envelope themselves with everything possible dealing with star wars, but how many friggin games do you need?

I just went onto lucas arts website again since I found out that they are make a sequal to this bad arse game we all love when I see that they have about 5 new star wars games in the making before it.

I am sorry but we should have a little bit of equality and put some more adventure games into the mix. I for one have never found a better company to make them and now all of a sudden they stop maing them except for possibly one a year when star wars is constantly sprouting out of their ears.

I have played a few of the games. AN yes they are fun. But I find the adventure games a lot more entertaining and I for one also enjoy going inasen by the mapcap complexity and sheer lunicy of the ideas the people at lucas arts can come up with. From A swashbuckling idiot, to a world terrorizing tenticle, to the dead walking among us, to the the cat and dog cop fighting duo, I dont't know what else to say but get some arses in gear and bring me some more lucas arts adventure entertainment

thats all for now...

Ta Ta

AKA vegitablepulp
 sheaday6
03-10-2003, 11:51 AM
as long as star wars games keep selling more than adventure games, they're gonna keep making more.
 Skinkie
03-10-2003, 9:50 PM
And using the funds from those to hopefully fuel more risky investments such as adventure games.
 vegitablepulp
03-10-2003, 10:54 PM
that's what I'm talking about. I have seen enough stormtroopers to last me my entire life, but who can ever say that they have had enough monkeys, ghost pirates, motorcycle gangs, naked rabbits and canine cops?

NO ONE!!!!

Ta Ta

AKA Vegitablepulp
 SyntheticGerbil
03-12-2003, 10:54 AM
I'd rather have an onslaught of Stars Wars sequels rather than some sort of Grim Fandango sequel.

I hope Lucas Arts doesn't spend too much time listening to it's incoherent fans, or I might soon see the day with some sort of tacky '2' placed right next to Manny's face.

I think we need new Star Wars episodes 7, 8, and 9... some sort of overblown trading card game involving E-woks, and painful Star Wars RPGs running through the course of every Star Wars movie ever made. Anything to distract everyone from Grim Fandango.
 sheaday6
03-12-2003, 4:46 PM
... a pokemon style cartoon about the wacky life of Han Solo!
 vegitablepulp
03-12-2003, 8:42 PM
AACH!!!!

My head is sweing with the insecent babbling of star wars fans. When is enough enough. For every one adventure game put out you have about 5 star wars games...AND YOU WANT MORE???

I have played and loved adventure games ever since I sat down and played Maniac Mansion. When i had beaten all that Lucas Arts had put out I had to resort to Sierra's King's Quest (though pale in comparison). I can not think of a better type of game, and yet every time I log onto the website for Lucas Arts...all I see is more Star Wars then my funky little brain can handle.

Now that they are making sequals to 2 of their best games, I am as of now one happy camper. But I know that once these two games are put out. It will be a VERY long time of seeing nothing more than Hans Solo, Stormtroopers, and Galactic Adventures.

All I am trying to say is that a couple a year is enough for me to handle, and those who think that they STILL are not making enough need to stop taking those little pink pills that make you oh so happy.

And with that said I do believe I need to go and continue plotting the world domination of Pluto so..

Ta Ta

AKA Vegtablepulp
 Skinkie
03-12-2003, 9:53 PM
Actaully a game about Han Solo would be really cool, the characters from the old trilogy have never really been in any games of their own... well except like Super Star Wars.
 GendoTheGreat
03-20-2003, 3:37 AM
Veg man, as long as there are legions of drooling Star Wars fans willing to pony up the green, the LEC will keep cranking out the goods. And Gerbil has a point; I'd rather have Lucasarts spew out half a million ****ty SW games for me to ignore, than have them make a have-assed attempt at a sequel to brilliant game like Grim Fandango.
Page: 1 of 1