Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber Cover-up

Page: 1 of 1
 tarafudge
03-08-2003, 9:33 PM
All of you novice star wars watchers hear this, I think I am the first to notice this, but in the first three movies that came out, they never showed the part where the saber turns off. They would always hold it below the screen and make the sound. It just goes to show ya, little things like that can be covered :l:deathii:
 JediNyt
03-09-2003, 3:27 AM
Actually in Ep6 they show the sabers close down. In 4 and 5 they dont except for one scene in 4 where Luke shuts it off after training with the remote, except that it just disapears instead of going down.
 Lynk Former
03-09-2003, 4:30 AM
Originally posted by tarafudge
All of you novice star wars watchers

What does that exactly mean? Is it like those people who like Star Wars but aren't geeks?
 Darklighter
03-09-2003, 8:50 AM
Hmm...not sure calling Lynk a 'novice' Star Wars fan was a good idea...since he'd been here since '99, and you have only been around for a month or two.

Anywho...

It appears that you are the novice, as JediNyt stated, they show the sabers extinguish in Ep4 and Ep6.
 Wraith 8
03-09-2003, 3:10 PM
uhmmm did you have any idea WHY? they did that?
its very simple.. the technique and other SF effets werent as far evolved as others.. so they had to do it 'creativly'.

i really dont mind.
 dark jedi 8
03-09-2003, 3:35 PM
they did a good job of hiding it. i didn't notice it, and it doesn't bother me either.
 tarafudge
03-09-2003, 4:18 PM
Ok, I really didnt mean to say novice, as I just meant to say it to people how have watched it 1 or 2 times. Don't take it personally.
And I wasn't putting Star Wars down either. Just taking my time to notify fellow star wars fans of the neat cover-up. No hard fealings-
Mike :)
 Scar Da Kookee
03-09-2003, 8:46 PM
yeah i just love it when the characters shift positions when the lightsabers ignite or extingish ^_^
 Lynk Former
03-10-2003, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by tarafudge
Ok, I really didnt mean to say novice, as I just meant to say it to people how have watched it 1 or 2 times. Don't take it personally.

LOL, i never took it personally, I was just being a nog to you :D

I'm not really into Star Wars anymore so Prrrrrrft, what do I care ^_^
 Sam Fisher
03-11-2003, 8:36 AM
Yeah, I noticed that (lightsaber cover up) after the first couple times I watched them(the OT).
 Darth Damage
03-11-2003, 6:41 PM
i took it personally and i thinnk tera is a ****** *****.

You will not flame fellow members of the forum. You have been warned. - leXX
 Lynk Former
03-12-2003, 5:36 AM
From the words of Rogue Nine

"You all suck"

thank you... *walks out*
 Darklighter
03-13-2003, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth Damage
i took it personally and i thinnk tera is a ****** *****.

Ah, I'll have non of that around here:DIf you have a problem with someone personally, take it to PMs:)

I thought it was quite noticable in the OT. It's cause they had to cut from one shot to another. Quite funny compared to the technological capabilities of today lol We've come a long way in 30 years...
Page: 1 of 1