Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help! AT-AT Assault en Mass!

Page: 1 of 1
 YoDaMan
03-07-2003, 9:37 AM
In a thread a month or to back, I asked the readership how to stop 20-30Hvy Destroyer Droids attacking with mobile Anti-Air batteries covering them(5-15 of those). It still is nearly impossible to stop without a hoard of hvy Mech Destroyers.

Now playing online,a common opponent of mine likes the Empire, loves the AT-AT attack in mass, and that is unstoppable. He uses
12-20 AT-ATs with the anti-air upgrade covered by Anti-Air batteries, which makes AirSpeeders useless. If you can get mounties at their feet they can do some damage if the survive long enough. It seems it would take 100 hvy mounties to stop 20 AT-ATs. Hvy Mech Destroyers seem to be the obvious answer, but it takes like a hundred of those to stop 20 AT-ATs with every ugrade available(armor upgrades,anti-air,etc.). I never stopped this attack in the SWGB and had rare success in CC.

Any good suggestions out there?

YoDaMan:atat:
 DarthMaulUK
03-07-2003, 3:26 PM
If you are both in Tech 4, Air speeders are the better choice. Especially massed. AT-AT anti air is good but not that good. 20-30 Airspeeders will take out the walkers without much of a problem and remember, AT-ATs cost a hell of alot more than Air speeders do.

Or, you could use Bombers, again pretty good against mechs but using anything else is a waste of time really. At-Ats have such a large destruction radius.

Try this.

DMUK
 YoDaMan
03-07-2003, 10:12 PM
....But these At-ATs have anti-air mobiles covering them ....are 20-30 Airspeeders really gonna stand up to 5-15 Mobile AA Units positioned right behind 15-25 AT-ATs(with the anti-air upgrade)?

I ask this respectfully,
YoDaMan
 DarthMaulUK
03-08-2003, 4:10 AM
You will be surprised how quickly Airspeeders can take out AA and Atats. Give it a try. Use 30-40 Air speeders.

Assign 2 squads. One to deal with the Walkers and the others to take out AA. It does work, as I have done it myself. Whilst you are attacking them, make sure you build another 20-30 as back up.

DMUK
 SE_Vader_536
03-08-2003, 12:40 PM
and dont forget! theres always jedi... they can rip through the atats if you dont convert them first...
 pbguy1211
03-21-2003, 12:20 AM
air speeders crush destroyer droids and all mech factory units.
CRUSH. It's almost unfair, with upgrades an air speeder is like 45f/45n and an AT-AT is like 100F/350N. 2 or 3 speeders will EASILY kill one AT-AT. same for a destroyer.
 angbandadmin
04-09-2003, 4:34 AM
yes.
use about 20 or so speeders with 3 or 4 powerful jedi masters.

turn 2 or 3 of the walkers, and usually they will turn on their own and cause the forward attack to break.

then send the jedi in to work on the anti air, while the speeders smash into the AT-ATs.

wouldnt hurt to have some fast moving mounties to come in from behind or the side to hit the anti air, or even grenaders.

people forget the line of sight factor.
 ELDAR
04-26-2003, 9:31 PM
You can bring them down, with workers!
AT-AT's are mostly walking in groups.
Just take some worker and walk around the AT-AT's feet.
They will fire at each other to get you. Your workers will die (50 Food)
But what will happens if 5 AT-AT's fire at another? (200 Food + 350 Nova)

P.S. I'm not speaking English as well.
 Lex
05-03-2003, 9:59 AM
jedis are best...MD#s suck against em..only good in mass...airspeeder maybe, but micro em good enuf so u take out the AA mobiles first..AT AT are strong, but not cheap
Page: 1 of 1