Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Was Bill Clinton or George W. Bush a better president?

Page: 1 of 1
 Crazy_Ivan
03-02-2003, 9:58 PM
I personally think George W. Bush is taking this country down the tubes. His right-wing ideas are keeping us Americans ignorant of the economy and wants to war Iraq so our economy can help itself. Ive said my opinion. Whats yours?
 Reborn22
03-02-2003, 10:08 PM
I think Bush is doing a fine job and Clinton was pathetic to give China nuclear technology, he also did some stupid things. And Bush is going to Iraq because of Saddam Huessen. (Need I say why)
 Nitro
03-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Slick Willy for life.

*cough*Stupid Americans*cough* :D
 Kstar__2
03-03-2003, 2:12 PM
bill clinton was better, why? democraty man, progression!:D
 ckcsaber
03-03-2003, 3:03 PM
Bush is doing what needs to be done. Clinton sucked ass (maybe even literally too:eek: :D )
 C'jais
03-03-2003, 3:41 PM
Whatever Clinton did, he didn't get the honour of starting WW3.
 Kain
03-03-2003, 4:38 PM
Clinton, all the way.

Bush is too war monger-like and is obsessed with picking up where daddy left off.
Clinton was more worried about the economy, and that should be the President's main focus.

Bush spent all the money Clinton was able to collect for the National Debt*or whatever his reason was*and he spent an excess of that, thus knocking us further in debt. I sincerly hope and am 100% sure that Bush will not get re-Elected. If he does...*shaking head*
 C'jais
03-03-2003, 4:44 PM
America is in debt to way over its ears. It's only a matter of time before the arab world sees how useless it is to cling to the dollar.

The second gulf war is partly an attempt at preventing OPEC from switching to the euro as the currency of choice.

When USA's economy goes down with a boom, it's not gonna be pretty.
 obi
03-03-2003, 4:49 PM
I think they are both morons, but that's just my opinion.(Bush being the lesser moron slightly)

All I remember about Clinton is a scandel, and the only way I'll remember Bush is because of a war with Iraq. I'm not a real huge talker on politics.

Maybe I should be president,no? :D
 Ratmjedi
03-04-2003, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
Whatever Clinton did, he didn't get the honour of starting WW3.

I like that Cjais.

I think that Clinton was the better president. SO he **cked up when it came to him having an afair but atleast didn't **ck upthe country.

Bush has not done very well and it looks like we are back in the days of being in conflict's again like his daddy had us in.

Bush is not going to get relected and I can put my entire life and money on it.

:duel: :lsduel:
 FunClown
03-16-2003, 8:05 AM
Don't worry, Bush legally can't get re-elected, he can only serve a maximum of two terms as President.

I don't really know who I would say is better. Bush does seem a bit weird though. Its like, if you support him in one war your his best friend. If you don't support him fully or have second thoughts about another war your his all time worst enemy.

Sounds like talk-back radio to me. :D
 GonkH8er
03-16-2003, 8:39 AM
Clinton was by far the better president, even with the Lewinsky scandal. He's 100 times smarter than Bush will ever be, and everyone knows it.
 obi
03-16-2003, 9:30 AM
Originally posted by FunClown
Don't worry, Bush legally can't get re-elected, he can only serve a maximum of two terms as President.

He uh..er......um.....this is only his first term. ;)
 Darth Groovy
03-16-2003, 9:45 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
I think they are both morons, but that's just my opinion.(Bush being the lesser moron slightly)

All I remember about Clinton is a scandel, and the only way I'll remember Bush is because of a war with Iraq. I'm not a real huge talker on politics.

Maybe I should be president,no? :D

Oh what the Hell, I'll vote for ya...:p

*starts up campaign for obi-wan13*
 FunClown
03-17-2003, 7:39 AM
He uh..er......um.....this is only his first term.

Sorry, I remember the voting in 2000, and thought he was voted in again recently. I was wondering a bit why the voting seemed a bit early though I must admit, I don't really follow US politics to closely, but he seems to be on the news every day now.

Would someone be able to chime me into what the last vote was for and the one in 2000? I'm confused now. Thanks. :)
 Darth Groovy
03-17-2003, 8:19 AM
Bah....

He only won by a recount...

The newspapers were so happy to have Bush as president, they printed the headlines up premature.

Further proof that the media is the tool of the Republican party.:mad:
 ioshee
03-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
...Further proof that the media is the tool of the Republican party.:mad:

You are joking aren't you? You just for got to put a J/K or a ;) right?
 Arбn
03-18-2003, 3:14 PM
I Bill Clinton was better!
Just like Kstar_2:D
Plus Clinton is in the lead in the poll:o
 C'jais
03-20-2003, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by ioshee
You are joking aren't you? You just for got to put a J/K or a ;) right?

C'mon. The press is acting as the lapdogs of the president.

When confronted with evidence of the US spying on UN members, "it was nothing serious". (if it was even mentioned)

When confronted with evidence of the US torturing two POWs to death, "it was nothing serious".

When confronted with evidence of the US using forged evidence as the cassus belli to attack Iraq, "it was an accident".

Wake up, please.
 ShadowTemplar
03-20-2003, 2:35 PM
Clinton, big time... Why? Well he's the least reactionary of the pair (being an American el Prez, he had to be reactionary).

Admittedly, though, saying that someone is less reactionary than G. W. Bush (not to be confused with GW) isn't really saying much.

But seriously, we have a country here where liberal means left-wing... Boy, you're (the US) a century behind on things... Most things.
 griff38
03-21-2003, 5:28 PM
Well this is an easy one, Clinton had alot of bull**** happen on his watch, but there is no comparison.

Something my wife pointed out to me recently about Clinton having scandalous sex in the WhiteHouse.............. The only people who give a Good blankety blank about that are just jealous nobody has ever smoked their cigar!
 CagedCrado
03-21-2003, 9:34 PM
Also remember clinton is one of the reasons for all of this.

BTW the US is the world leader so you are either like us or you just well, arent. And everybody tries to be like the US, or well, you are sad(dam).
 Eldritch
03-22-2003, 9:27 PM
I had to go with Slick Willie. Every time I see Bush, it looks like he's struggling to comprehend something, like he really has no idea what's going on. He looks like a kid who's pretending to be president. I think that the president should be intelligent - and even if Clinton wasn't discrete about his extramarital expeditions, he still was a Rhodes scholar.
 ShadowTemplar
03-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by CagedCrado
BTW the US is the world leader so you are either like us or you just well, arent. And everybody tries to be like the US, or well, you are sad(dam).

Case-book imperialism. It's gonna hurt when you hit the dirt. And I'd rather face an angry Carnifex than the turmoil that'll erupt when the rest of the world realises the simple fact that at some point the US will be out-smarted, out-manouvered, and out-developed by Europe, Caucasia, and the Far East...
 Chastan
03-25-2003, 11:05 AM
clinton is a lying scumbag worthless piece of crap

he had nothing to do with the "Great economy"

and even if he did, it was just a bunch of B.S. anyway

artificially inflated stocks, bad accounting... all happened under his term... oh yeah it started to go sour at the end of his term...

Everybody complains about how his affair was covered in the media... well nobody complains about how his dirty politics were not covered in the media...

apparently he did a good job at brainwashing the rest of the world too :rolleyes:

at least Bush doesn't have the charisma to be able to hide anything :D
 Luc Solar
03-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
Every time I see Bush, it looks like he's struggling to comprehend something, like he really has no idea what's going on. He looks like a kid who's pretending to be president.

Whoa! That's exactly how I feel about Bush...exactly! Well put :)
 Chastan
03-25-2003, 12:21 PM
So what if he's dyslexic? How shallow of you
 Chastan
03-25-2003, 12:31 PM
That's what pisses me off--

For people who think they are so enlightened, that they know so much, they can't even get past judging somebody by their appearance!

THINK!
 Tyrion
03-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Didnt he also have a low IQ?
 Tyrion
03-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ShadowTemplar
Case-book imperialism. It's gonna hurt when you hit the dirt. And I'd rather face an angry Carnifex than the turmoil that'll erupt when the rest of the world realises the simple fact that at some point the US will be out-smarted, out-manouvered, and out-developed by Europe, Caucasia, and the Far East...

Not everyone knows what a carnifex is,Shadow.:p

(It's a big huge two or three story biological creature that has about 4 10 meter razor-sharp blades)
 Chastan
03-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Didnt he also have a low IQ?

NO!
Another case of people falling to chain mail idiocy!
 Tyrion
03-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Then what IQ did he have?
 Kain
03-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Need I point out Bush's intellegence from one of his speeches...

What would the great land of ours be without this country...

...idiot...
 Chastan
03-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Chastan
So what if he's dyslexic? How shallow of you

...idiot...

Hey hey now. We all get along, ok? -C'
 Chastan
03-25-2003, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Then what IQ did he have?

Who knows?
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm)
 C'jais
03-25-2003, 5:26 PM
NO!
Another case of people falling to chain mail idiocy!

Agreed, this has been proven a scam before, and it's just a low blow to keep using it as fact.
 Eldritch
03-25-2003, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Whoa! That's exactly how I feel about Bush...exactly! Well put :)

Thank you, I do try to be as precise as possible in my descriptions.

Who knows?
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm)
Didn't you just make the case for Bush's low IQ? The lowest of any US president in the last 50 years speaks pretty loudly to me. 90-100 is considered the 'normal' range for intelligence, and at 91, he's barely scraping by, which means he's almost of below average intelligence.

My "kid pretending to be president" analogy doesn't seem to be too far off the mark...
 SkinWalker
03-26-2003, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by CagedCrado
Also remember clinton is one of the reasons for all of this.

Not even close. If blame for the creation of Saddam had to go somewhere it would be Reagan. It was his administration that supplied Saddam with a multitude of weapons systems and ammunition as well as billions of Dollars of cash. We (Reagan admin.) also provided him with Cray type computers to advance his nuclear program.

We (Reagan admin) probably also provided Anthrax spores for bio-weapons development. If the weapons inspectors can get to these and analyze them, the origin of the spores can be determined (if they still exist) based on the virus profile. Oh... wait. The inspectors had to leave the country.

Yeah.. Clinton was the man. Makes me wann have a cigar just thinking about it. :D
 C'jais
03-26-2003, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen

Didn't you just make the case for Bush's low IQ?

Aru-wen, the link leads to a site on urban myths (or in this case, net-myths). Newspapers even published this "discovery" but later learned and admitted it was a hoax.

Still, it doesn't really matter what each president's intelligence is on paper. By their actions shall we judge them, right?
 Eldritch
03-26-2003, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
Aru-wen, the link leads to a site on urban myths (or in this case, net-myths). Newspapers even published this "discovery" but later learned and admitted it was a hoax.

Still, it doesn't really matter what each president's intelligence is on paper. By their actions shall we judge them, right?

Thanks for the info. But if we judge on their actions, we're still in trouble with Bush II.
 TheHobGoblin
03-26-2003, 9:46 PM
Okay let me count the retards who picked Mr. I pick up prostitutes...

You can do better than that, man.

Thanks for the tip Aru -C'
 Eldritch
03-27-2003, 7:03 AM
Hobgoblin - Your comment about Clinton "only wanting to become President so he could get laid all the time," is WAY off base. The fact that he was very sexually active had nothing to do with the way he ran the country or the reason he ran the country the way he did. If you truly believe that he did it only to get sex, I'd like to see some proof.

The rest of your post seemed pretty inappropriate - I would edit some of it before C'jais or another mod sees it.
 SkinWalker
03-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Hobgoblin purports himself to be a "good debater," when in fact he uses a lot of provoking statements and hyperbole in order to insite argument and negative feelings. This is not in the spirit of debate.

I would, personally, like to see factual pros and cons to both Presidents. I'm not beyond being persuaded, but I firmly believe that Clinton was the better of the two.

The problem that Clinton faced was a very public hatred that was directed toward him by extreme right conservatives. This manifested itself in the Whitewater and Lewinsky scandals, which cost the American taxpayers a significant amount. The Whitewater debacle prooved to be relatively baseless: neither of the Clintons stood to profit from their real estate dealings and no wrong-doing was ever uncovered. In fact, on of the key witnesses ended up doing time for not saying what the prosecution wanted, in spite of it not being the truth. She was basically instructed to lie in order to receive immunity.

The Lewinsky scandal's main problem was that Clinton lied about the affair. Nothing more. That certainly wasn't the worst act ever commited in the Whitehouse... (the lie or the BJ).

What Clinton did do was provide a stable economy and significant reduction of the national debt. Jobless rate was very low. Conservation and ecological efforts were increasing so as to preserve our national resources. Acknowledgement was given that pollution and emmissions of the country were significant and that a world effort was needed to begin curbing the rate of greenhouse gas emmissions.

Bush quickly destroyed many of the conservation and environmental legislations that were put in place, including making the U.S.of A. the only nation to say no to the Kyoto Protocol (which he later retracted his opinion and acknowldeged that greenhouse gases were a significant problem). Bush continues to push for tax cuts in the face of growing national debt and continued need for money in the war on terrorism. He still has some unanswered, or poorly answered, questions about his own involvement in the same kind of inappropriate financial activities that brought down Enron and Worldcom among others. Bush has created a wave of hatred toward the U.S. from other countries by his actions (and some of his inactions) in the Middle East. These hatreds may very well threaten the safety of Americans at home and abroad.

I could go on, but I realize that the more I write on either side, the more likely respondents like HobGoblin will return with profanity, baseless comments and hyperbole rather than useful or reasonable debate. It is interesting to note that with those who favor extreme-right conservatism, emotions tend to get the better of them and they make attempts to insite anger rather than debate points.
 ZBomber
03-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, if CLinton was president right now, he would probably start blowing up Canada thinking they are planning against us. :p
 C'jais
03-27-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm going to close this thread, as people are not feeling like discussing this in a mature manner right now.

But I'm very open to PMs concerning the re-opening of this thread (if those PMs are mature enough to be considered, that is). Just tell me why.

-C'
Page: 1 of 1