Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-Men 1.5

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Groovy
02-26-2003, 10:36 AM
I managed to pick this up at the used CD/DVD store today. Basically it's the same film as the original. Using the current marketing stunts, released with extra tid bits and a teaser for X2 (can't wait for that). Only thing, is that I am thankful I did not buy the original version. Hat's off to all you pitiful LOTR fans that went and did that. X-Men Really surprised me as a film. I had seen the trailers and thought it to be a gimmicky flop, but it turned out to be a superhero movie, with some soul and feeling. This movie makes me want to actually go and read the comics. Anybody else get your hands on this recently?

BTW- This movie marks my 100th DVD in my collection. :cool:
 leXX
02-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Congrats on 100! :D

I got the DVD when it was first released. I love xmen as you know and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to X2. This 1.5 sounds interesting, I might hire it out if they put it to rent.
 StarWarsPhreak
02-26-2003, 11:02 AM
I have X-Men for VHS, but I'm tired of the VCR, so I bought X1.5 on DVD
 Boba Rhett
02-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Hat's off to all you pitiful LOTR fans that went and did that.

It was/is the only way to get the theatrical version. I wanted the theatrical version. :p
 Taos
02-26-2003, 12:24 PM
I got X-men on vhs.....but I have no strong desire to get the 1.5. Once I see X2 then I might want to do it. I have a feeling though that there will be another one after x2. I'll just wait to buy them all. :)
 Darth Homer
02-26-2003, 12:31 PM
I went out and bought X1.5...I also had not gotten the first dvd of it, so I was happy to get this & get into Daredevil for free :D

I too enjoy the movie and am waiting with baited breath to see X2 (the new trailer is sweet...Colossus, NIGHTCRAWLER...ohh so cool....)
 Darth Groovy
02-28-2003, 2:21 PM
I got X-Men on vhs as well. I was very captivated by this movie for some reason. It just turned out so much better than I had anticipated. The heroes in this movie have heart and soul. The love interest between Rogue, and Wolverine is admirable, it added alot of reality to a movie that could have been horrible if not done right. This movie was superb in nearly every catagory!
 Jared
02-28-2003, 4:18 PM
I have x-men on vhs, but I hate my vcr so I recently started getting dvds. The dvds I have are: LOTR extended version, LOTR, Reign of fire, spiderman, Triple X, The scorpian king, The Sum of all Fears, Mr. Deeds, Star wars Episode 1, Star Wars Episode 2, The Bourne Identity, The Back to the Future trilogy, and Buffy season 3.
I am getting X.5 and Minority Report this weekend.
Page: 1 of 1