Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone else get this problem?

Page: 1 of 1
 Blair
11-22-1999, 4:16 AM
I'm just about to do send the Ice Guardian the way of the Wicked Witch of the West, and he disappears. The wooden X-shaped key appears in the lower-right corner, like I just picked it up. Then the game locks up, and crashes if I do anything to it.

It's having an Assert error, which all good code-monkeys know should never appear in the production code.

I've sent the particulars off to tech support at lucasarts.com (Yoda's Help Desk is the best web-provided tech site I've ever seen, but it's got no Jedi Training to cover this).

Meanwhile, I'm unable to play the game. I mean, I could go back and try to improve my IQ score, but where's the adventure in that?

--Blair
 Shadow Mystique
11-22-1999, 6:43 AM
This happened to me, and my solution was to play the level all over again. I must ask, did you save the game *after* obtaining the machine part? I noticed, that after obtaining Urgon's Part and then saving, this *bug* happens. My suggestion; to save the game just before obtaining Urgon's Part, then deal with the ice monster.
 Jamison
11-22-1999, 2:47 PM
Hey Blair:

If you want, I can send you a saved game right after defeating the Ice Guardian. You'll miss the battle, but at least you could continue onward. E-mail me if you want the file.

Jamison

------------------
"Ahhhh, medicinal herbs."
 Blair
11-22-1999, 7:30 PM
I love the way Indy says that. Just the right wistful timbre in his voice.

Okay. How far back must I start replaying the level? I didn't do anything other than Quicksaves. Do I have to go all the way back at the entrance to the Monastery? I expect so. Bummer. That clock thing gave me a right headache. Not nearly as bad as the rafting trip (what a disaster that was), but pretty tedious nonetheless.

--Blair
 Blair
11-22-1999, 11:40 PM
I went back and played all of Shambala again. It went faster this time, but still took almost an hour and a half.

And, get this, I got a lower IQ score! Musta been when I reloaded 3-4x lot trying to kill some commies with minimal ammo and no damage.

I did the no-saves-after-getting-urgon's-part trick, and it worked fine. Popsicle Frog is dead, and I'm on to the beaches of Palawan for some rest and relaxation.

--Blair
"Yeah, right."
 Damian
11-24-1999, 6:31 PM
Has anybody else experianced the mysterious hanging Ice Guardian. After I got the machine part, the Ice Guardian got stuck on the wall, just above and to the right of the ice that is blocking the door you need to go through to get out of the level. He just hangs onto the wall clawing at the ice like he's trying to get out. If you run up to the Ice Guardian and try to kill him with the machine part like your suppose to, it doesn't do any damage, but you'll take hits when he growls at you. I had to reload and start this level over again. Weird glitch

-Damian

------------------
Fear is the path to the darkside.
 KeithR
02-11-2000, 1:44 AM
I had the same problem with the ice guardian, but couldn't figure out what to do either. I had to go back to the beginning of the battle and start over.
Page: 1 of 1