Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kyle vs Dash!!! The ultimate Popularity Contest

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
02-23-2003, 3:49 PM
Who do you like more?

I like Kyle more. He is a more developed character (haha, funny, because he is a video game character!!!) Dark Forces was sooo much cooler than Shadows of the Empire. He is also a Jedi, and he has no affiliation to either the Dark or the Light it seems.

I'll quote my LFJA Padawan's location: There is no Light or Dark, just the Force.

*** Here are some funny pictures. No Crow and Outrider in a dogfight though...

http://www.echostation.com/echo3/images/twins.jpg)

http://www.echostation.com/echo3/images/janleebo.gif)

http://www.echostation.com/echo3/images/xizorjer.gif)
 Ratmjedi
02-23-2003, 7:07 PM
I like Dash more. He reminds me of Han and that is why I like him. He also doesn't need a lightsaber or the Force. He's just a bad ass. He also works alone and doesn't have someone like Jan to save his ass. I also would think that Shadows of the Empire could of been a better game if it was on the PC and not 64. He also has the second fastest ship in the Galaxy after Han's. He also has no affiliation and is just a merc.

:lsduel: :duel:
 wassup
02-23-2003, 9:32 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
I like Dash more. He reminds me of Han and that is why I like him. He also doesn't need a lightsaber or the Force. He's just a bad ass. He also works alone and doesn't have someone like Jan to save his ass.

doesn't Dash have a droid partner/sidekick called Leebo (http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/lebo2d9leebo/eu.html)?)
 Katarn07
02-23-2003, 9:37 PM
Yes he does. Jan is better in that poll... :D :p :D
 dark jedi 8
02-23-2003, 9:42 PM
she would win that pole, as for this one, i like dash just a little more because he is a scoundrel and reminds me of han and the OT.
 JediNyt
02-24-2003, 1:32 AM
Kyle cause well, hes a Jedi, and a dam good one too. I like Dash too, they are both great characters.
 Lynk Former
02-24-2003, 1:39 AM
I really don't like the whole Jedi thing... I'm goin with Dash
 nova_wolf
02-24-2003, 4:42 AM
Well, on a purely vessel level - The Crow or Raven are NOTHING compared to the Outrider.... YT 2400s are pretty sweet ships.

They are both good... Can't decide.

Suppose as Kyle has been more developed, only fair choice if him, as Dash has not got as much to prefer him!
 Pnut_Man
02-24-2003, 7:45 AM
Kyle Katarn and I have gone through tough times on my old comps, we're still buddies though :P
I'll go with that ex-merc Jedi Knight anyday ;) Kyle Katarn for me.

(the jk1 movies kicked ass and I loved Dark Forces so freakin much)
 Wraith 8
02-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
I really don't like the whole Jedi thing... I'm goin with Dash I must agree with my Aresen friend here.
I dont really like Jedi that much. Im more of a smuggler.. Dash :p
 Katarn07
02-24-2003, 9:18 PM
Umm, he is a scoundrel...

Have you played DF and JK?

His witty comments to 8t88 were great!

"Leaving soi soon?" *blows 88's arm off*

"I should have aimed for your head when I had the chance..."
"A lost oppurtunity..."

"I finally get my chance to repay you!"

Well, they were great. I remember the SotE action figure series. I liked Dash for a week, until I got a copy of DF for myself and used him for Kyle....
 Jedi Apprentice
02-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
I also would think that Shadows of the Empire could of been a better game if it was on the PC and not 64.
:lsduel: :duel:

It was on PC too. You could probabaly order it online now.

My pick is Kyle though. He's like a hybrid Jedi/Scoundrel. One bad dude....:)
 Wraith 8
02-25-2003, 8:33 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
It was on PC too. You could probabaly order it online now.

My pick is Kyle though. He's like a hybrid Jedi/Scoundrel. One bad dude....:) he's right... i have a copy of SoTE
 daring dueler
02-25-2003, 4:17 PM
kyle ofcourse!
kyle is better although they are both really cool guys.
i dont like the whole jedi thing im more of a sith man, but hes not a strict jedi thus outcast.
 boinga1
03-01-2003, 4:47 PM
kyle-4 games of hims, finds death star plans, destroys drak trooper project, defeats 7 dark jedi and saves an ancient graveyard, finds an ancient sith temple, goes to the drak side, comes back, saves his woman, beats another super dark jedi.

dash-saves luke skywalker a bunch, and...what else(i dunno much about him)
 Notion
03-02-2003, 7:35 PM
Kyle Katarn and Dash are both even on the cool scale... until Kyle pulls out the saber. Having force powers and knowing how to kick ass with a saber while being a freelancer mercenary type guy is just damn cool IMO.
 TieDestroyer
03-03-2003, 7:25 PM
Well I voted for Dash Rendar since he is my favorate star wars character. Tho I do enjoy Kyle Katarn as a character but during jk1 big fluffy pack I used Dash Rendar skin alot more not to mention the Rogue Squadron mod for that game.
 ronbrothers
03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
I'd have to say Kyle because his character is more fully developed. Dash had potential, but killing him off (or not using him beyond Shadows of the Empire) leaves him looking like a pale Han Solo stand in. And I know his character could be taken beyond that.
 dark jedi 8
03-25-2003, 10:20 PM
yeah he should. maybe he'll make an appearance in the NJO books?
 ronbrothers
03-31-2003, 5:56 AM
He could be resurrected as a character. His death was questionable according to the game.

It would be interesting to see how he would interact with Han Solo.
 Skate Boy
04-03-2003, 2:14 PM
Dash didn't die. When you beat the game on Jedi, it show a cutscene where he escaped. In the book it sounds like he dies, though.

I like Dash better.
 ckcsaber
04-03-2003, 3:02 PM
Yeah, the theory is that the Outrider flew thru the explosion, making it seem like it blew up. Dash is the coolest. Corellians = cool.
 Shotokan
04-09-2003, 10:26 PM
dash is the best man! no one can compete with the good ole blaster.. hehe...
 Boba Rhett
04-11-2003, 10:22 PM
WHAT THE!?!?!

I totally thought Kyle would be winning! :eek:
 Sivy
04-11-2003, 10:41 PM
ha!

my vote just tied it

*does a little dance*

*makes alittle love*

*gets down tonight*

er.. anyway

kyle's cool, has 3 computer games and he's a jedi

dash.. han solo wannabe, been in one book (and died) and a computer game that no one remembers

mmmm that is a toughie

i went with kyle :D
 darthfergie
04-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Sivy B
dash.. han solo wannabe, been in one book (and died) and a computer game that no one remembers

And an N64 game that set the standard. (good game...but the auto-aim was annoying now that I look back on it...but back in the day, I didn't mind a bit)
Page: 1 of 1