Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Emperor has Asteroids

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Eggplant
02-22-2003, 9:29 PM
with all the new and improved
Star Wars editions out there,
and with George Lucas busy
reworking Max Rebo songs
and adding shadows and CGI characters,
I wonder if he will ever redo the
Emperor\Vader's asteroid sceen?

I mean at the time
(and if I am wrong correct me)
The Emperor's Hologram image was Alex Guiness.
because they did not have an actor for the part of
Palpatine yet.

you can tell (or at least I feel I am right)
because the face looked like Obi-Wan
and the voice sounded like him.
anyhow small pet peeve
but i would like to see him rework this sceen
correct emperors face and voice

the other thing that really bugged me
was and is Yoda's hair.
in episodes 5 and 6 he had a small amount almost none
and then in episodes 1 and 2 a scant decade or two he has
more hair, i mean the fut is 900 years old
if he lost his hair he lost it long ago
 Clemme w/Stick
02-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Actually, the role of Palpatines image, was played by a woman, and the voice by some d00d.

Well, I dont think that he'll redo the scene, and I sure dont hope so. If he wanted to redo the scene, he had doneit for the Special Edition Trilogy, and not now. Besides I like it the way it is :D!

For more information look here:
Clicky (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/bts.html)

-Clemme
 Darth Groovy
02-23-2003, 11:39 AM
It was not Alec Guiness, but It was a different actor other than Ian McDyrmid. The Voice of him was done by Veteran Actor Clive Revill. I'm with you, those bug eyes really bother me. I can't believe GL left THAT in.
 dark jedi 8
02-23-2003, 3:52 PM
i think it looks a little wierd, he should touch it up, at least get the right voice maybe.
 Darth Eggplant
02-23-2003, 9:04 PM
whats really wierd
is some time a few years from now
kids are going to have a Star Wars
sleep over and start watching from episode 1
and 2, and 3
and then when they get to episode 4
even with the new GL tweeks
they are going to go to mommy and daddy
and say...
'daddy\mommy..why are the FX's and acting so bad?'
 JediNyt
02-23-2003, 11:55 PM
The acting isnt bad but the FX are. That is compared to FX these days. I just watched Ep4 now and realised how underwhelming the FX are. Thats only because of what Ive seen in Ep1 and 2 and other movies. I really hope when Ep3 is finished and GL is getting ready to put em all out on dvd that he really goes back and fixes all the FX in the OT that are not up to par with the PT. Its just not as fun to watch anymore. Not the story I mean just the FX and sound. The Star Wars Saga Final Edition is the way Id like to see it. Or something like that.
 Darth Groovy
02-24-2003, 1:29 PM
Really it is the ONLY scene that bothers me, because in my opinion, Empire is the Superior movie in all of the Saga so far. It's just they went through all that trouble to add the wampa ice monster, and changed some cloud city scenes, and added a shot of Vader returning to the Super Star Destroyer, why could they have not just easily dubbed in a shot of palpy circa ROTJ and let Ian McDiarmid drop some lines in. If they don't do that for the DVD release, I will personally find some video editing software and do it myself.
 Clemme w/Stick
02-24-2003, 5:41 PM
I see your point. Its a good one, but I'll try to answer it as best as I can :D!
Yeah, it bothers me too, that GL didnt redo that scene, but if he wanted to redo it, he would have done it.....no question about that. So I guess he didnt redo it, is because he didnt feel that it was necessary to redo or alter.
Well, it would be sweet if he'd redo it for the DVD release. Then on the other hand, I'd feel all wierd if it wasnt that messed up scene, that I'm used to see in the movie. Even if he doesnt redo it, I'd still say that the movie will be suprior to the others, no matter what (I might change this when I've seen EpIII) :D!

-Clemme
 Fraydenz
02-26-2003, 9:37 PM
They used chimpanzee eyes for Palpatine - nowonder they looked so funky, heh.
Page: 1 of 1