Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wraiths vs Rogues

Page: 1 of 1
 StarWarsPhreak
02-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Which squadron is better? The Wraiths or Rogues?

I like the Wraiths because they're funnier
 Lynk Former
02-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh gawd... just wait till Wraithy gets in here...

I went for Rogue Squadron... i've said it before and i'll say it again

"We Rogues have gotta stick together dammit!!"
 nova_wolf
02-19-2003, 1:07 PM
Wraith Squadron psuedo-motto:

Pretty - what do we blow up first.

Think that says it all.
 StarWarsPhreak
02-19-2003, 2:35 PM
ya, Its Wraiths all the way. The Rogues are good too, but they lack the humor. In fact here's my most "favoritest" part in all of the Wraith books:

Face took the datapad from him. "What's this?"
"It's called a da-ta-pad. New Republic and Imperial children learn about them from the time they're very young."
"Funny."

It's just sad that Phanan had to die....... he was the funniest of them all.....

and here's a lil sumthin for the ppl at aReSeN:

Wedge shook his head sorrowfully. "Sometimes I miss my sanity."
 Tie Guy
02-19-2003, 5:52 PM
Rogue is the far superior fighter squadron. In terms of cooks, though, they each have their strengths.
 Master_MJade
02-20-2003, 1:23 PM
i like both. they each have something that makes 'em likable
 CorranSec
02-21-2003, 10:41 PM
I really can't decide... the Wraiths are really funny, and good pilots too, but the Rogues are far more skilled pilots and have been involved in some really great battles. And, of course, the Rogues have Corran. And he's just cool. :D
 Corran Horn
02-22-2003, 1:32 AM
Why thank you... :D We aim to please :D
 CorranSec
02-22-2003, 1:36 AM
... wha?

Crazy people with multiple names.....
 Lynk Former
02-22-2003, 1:55 AM
ehehehe that was my original name, the name I first signed up with at RogueSquadron.Net :D
 Ratmjedi
02-23-2003, 3:30 AM
Nice Lynk.

I think that Rogues are the best. They were sent out to do the real hard missions for a good reason you know. They are widely known and are the best of the best in my opinion. Wraith's are good too but Rogues just win it.

:duel: :lsduel:
 Wraith 8
02-24-2003, 1:01 PM
*clears throat*

Wraith Squadron
ALL THE WAY!

http://www.swgalaxies.net/members/images/Wraith%208.jpg)
I mean come on... They arent Rogue Squadron... but damn they are funny man. Garik Loran and Ton Phanan RULE THE GALAXY on humor :D
 StarWarsPhreak
02-24-2003, 2:49 PM
awesome pic. that's Face and the Glass Prowler right?

I think the Wraiths need a comic book series. The Rogues have one
 Taos
02-24-2003, 5:35 PM
My vote goes to the Rogue squadron. :)
 Jedi Apprentice
02-24-2003, 8:08 PM
My vote is Rogue Squadron. Just because I liked Rogue Squadron for N64 though. :)

I don't really even know anything about Wraith Squadron.:(
 StarWarsPhreak
02-24-2003, 10:30 PM
man whats wrong with you people, Wraith squadron is much better than Rogues. In fact, I think they need a "Wraith Squadron" video game. Insreal of Rogue squadron 3.....
 Wraith 8
02-25-2003, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
man whats wrong with you people, Wraith squadron is much better than Rogues. In fact, I think they need a "Wraith Squadron" video game. Insreal of Rogue squadron 3..... I so agree with you.. it would be awesome..
you not only have to fly X-wings.. but do ground commando missions aswell :p

how about making an X-wing book TV show... devide all books into like 6 parts... and make a TV show :p
 StarWarsPhreak
02-25-2003, 11:04 AM
I would never stop laughing if it was a TV show......
 Wraith 8
02-25-2003, 6:31 PM
yeah same here....
 Lynk Former
02-26-2003, 1:54 AM
I like the wraiths for their humour... but when it came to kickin some ass, Rogues all the way :D
 StarWarsPhreak
02-26-2003, 6:50 AM
hmm... i dunno......... depends on what kind of scenario.....
 TK-99
03-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Whats the wraith squardron? is it a galactic empire tie squardron or somthin
 StarWarsPhreak
03-11-2003, 6:51 AM
*gasp* Wraith Squadron is only the best X-Wing unit/Commando Team in the NEw Republic! Founded by none other than Wedge Antilles(sp)
 Lynk Former
03-11-2003, 7:20 AM
yeah founded by Wedge... the leader of Rogue Squadron
 StarWarsPhreak
03-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Really? RogueSquadron? i thought it was Dinner Squadron!
 dark jedi 8
03-11-2003, 4:31 PM
i vote for the Rogues based on their skill.
 TK-99
03-12-2003, 4:15 PM
How can Wedge be leader of both Squadrons?
 Lynk Former
03-13-2003, 12:40 AM
He left Tycho incharge of the Rogues for a little while... or was it Wes... (haven't read it in AGES) well he left someone in charge while he led the Wraiths...
 Rogue Nine
03-13-2003, 1:36 AM
No no. Wes Janson came along with Wedge when he formed the Wraiths while Tycho was left in charge of the Rogues with Hobbie.

I prefer Rogue Squadron to the Wraiths simply because they epitomize the Rebellion and the New Republic. They're fast, surgical and efficient. But nothing can beat Elassar Targon, Master of the Universe. :p
 StarWarsPhreak
03-13-2003, 6:46 AM
nono, Face and Ton were the best. Kell was funny too:

Wes: "Oh great, he wants to kill me AND he can make bombs."

well, it's not the exact wording but close.
 Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Really? RogueSquadron? i thought it was Dinner Squadron! i thought it was silly squadron :D
 Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 4:32 AM
 Wraith 8
03-23-2003, 7:40 AM
 Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 8:25 AM
That button is like ancient, one of the first buttons I made for my old site :D
 dark jedi 8
03-23-2003, 2:29 PM
nice button,lol:D

and RS is beating Ws 11-3 in the poll, proving, i guess, who is the better squadron.:D
 StarWarsPhreak
03-23-2003, 5:34 PM
bah! The poll was rigged! :p
 Wraith 8
03-23-2003, 5:47 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
nice button,lol:D

and RS is beating Ws 11-3 in the poll, proving, i guess, who is the better squadron.:D thats just because the wraiths never had a game of their own :p.. they would ROCK!
 Shotokan
04-09-2003, 1:45 AM
i think the wraiths are more able because of their differing skills... they're more able in penetration an infiltration
 Lynk Former
04-23-2003, 11:16 AM
but when the real tough mission come along who ya gonna call? (no not ghostbusters u losers...) Rogue Squadron!
 benTantilles
04-23-2003, 11:59 AM
a lot of people here seem to think that the wraiths are funnier than the rogues...which is true, if u base your judgement on the novels alone. however, let's not forget the x-wing rogue squadron comic series....saturated with humour. by far, the characters in the xwrs comic series (like plourr, wes, hobbie, nrin, xarcce) are far more likeable than people like the rogues in the novels. while it was marginally less funny than allston's trademark humour, the comics were enough to make u grow attached to the squad...if u take both humour & pilot skill into account, rogue squad comes out tops.
also, let's not forget that a certain portion of the wraith jokes (not the majority, but still a significant enough quantity) originated from the republic's resident jester, wes janson...who was, first & foremost, a rogue. furthermore, starfighters of adumar-which is, IMO, the single most laugh-inducing book in the star wars universe- was centered around the 4 chief rogues.\

so here's to the rogues! the best fighter squad in the galaxy!
 Lynk Former
04-23-2003, 12:05 PM
right on! Rogues all the way!! :p
 benTantilles
04-24-2003, 1:31 PM
"thats just because the wraiths never had a game of their own .. they would ROCK!"
you're effectively saying that the wraiths don't rock....

but seriously, the rogue squad game didnt do justice to rogue squadron. their flying was horrible and the dialogue worse. even without the game, rogue squad would still be at the top of the list of most people....thanx to the comics (esp) & the novels.http://www.btinternet.com/~orangeandpurple/logo.gif)

rock on, rogues !..!
 Wraith 8
04-24-2003, 3:41 PM
i guess you read that wrong... i said if they would get they're own game... the game would rock... :D

http://www.watsonworld.org/swars/patch.jpg)
 benTantilles
04-25-2003, 4:54 AM
since when was the word "they" used to refer to a singular object? okok....i get whatcha mean...lets jus drop it...

....and the rogue squad logo looks much cooler than the dumbass gray thing them wraiths have going.... ;)
 Lynk Former
04-25-2003, 7:14 AM
ahahah I don't think he cares you're a supermod cutie pie... eh neither do I but I'm gonna say this more politely

The Rogues insignia has a lot more meaning than the Wraiths...
 benTantilles
04-28-2003, 8:36 AM
"good evening, sports fans. what a game we've had today..and it's still continuing! it looks like the rogues are in the lead 2-1. wait a sec- luke skywalker comes around Forcefully...he makes a careful aim and....SCORE!!! great shot, luke, that was one in a million! great assist by wedge, too...the battle of yavin goes the rogues!
"ok, the rogues are comin round at the Battle of Hoth...SCORE!!! by wes janson! great moves, wedge, with that speeder! more walkers are tripped, thanx to the rogues! you know, these rogues really kick-
"SCORE AGAIN!!! with endor, by wedge antilles! great shot at the North Tower! amazing assists by the rest of the rogues- tycho in his a-wing & wes n hobbie in x-wings especially. let's take a 1-day break...
"SCORE AGAIN, with bakura!
AND AGAIN with cilpaar....again versus loka hask.....again against fiirth olan...again against moff tavira...another score against that devaronian...once again against imperial fighter ace baron fel & the 181st....a few more scores against isard, krennel, sate pestage AND tavira AGAIN whoa, the rogues are on a roll!

"wait a sec...the wraiths are getting formed (in every sense of the word) for a come back...ooh...SCORE with the night caller against that imp admiral whatshisname. u know, i heard that that imp star deuce was-
"SCORE AGAIN!!! this time against the razor's kiss. whoa...super kill there, shalla! wait....han solo takes a corner...shoots to myn donos...holy cow! myn just downed one of his own players! hope lara'll be ok...
"anyway, back to the game. the wraiths have the ball...SCORE!!! against zsinj! fantastic leadership, face! ok...i c the rogues getting settled for a come back....ooh...SCORE!! at sluis van, for the rogues! AND AGAIN, at the battle for the katana fleet!! AND ONCE AGAIN, with bilbringi!! these rogues really-
"OOH!! AGAIN, AGAINST KRENNEL!!! great assist by admiral ackbar. ok...we have the dark side clouding the arena for a moment...looks like the emperor's reborn....aargh!! the rogues make a few more scores, but i can't seem to take note of em! oh well...
"SCORE!! against the Imperial Remnant, with the yaga minor battle. the rogues are in the lead!! a new threat looms overhead...
" AND THE ROGUES SCORE AGAIN!!! at garqi, at ithor, at dantooine, at numerous other places, and at borleias...
"ANOTHER ONE! JAG SCORES WITH JAINA!!! oh wait...that doesn't count...
"wait...the wraiths are comin round...
"SCORE!!! the wraiths score against the vong @ coruscant!!
and there we have it, folks, the battle pitting the wraiths against the rogues. the rogues have most definetely emerged victorious, in the lead by a whooping score of ...ah...erm...i can't really count that high..oh well, it's safe to say that the rogues are the winners by far! tough luck, wraiths. but u can take solace in the fact that rogue squadron HAS NEVER BEEN BEATEN BEFORE!! so u're not the first...
"so...that about wraps it up. this is benTantilles reporting LIVE (tho i expect that to change when wraith 8 hears of this...;) )from
the sunny island of Singapore. good fight, good night!
 Lynk Former
04-28-2003, 9:45 AM
wow... very graphic O.o lol
 Dradle
05-01-2003, 3:56 AM
Hands down the Rogues are the Squarder for me
Page: 1 of 1