Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PO_Hanger MY FIRST MAP WIP

Page: 1 of 1
 skiner
02-19-2003, 7:47 AM
ok after 3 days of hard constent work i came out with this map
http://www.wallpaperworld.freecyberzone.com/images/shot0000.jpg)
pic above: hanger complex

http://www.wallpaperworld.freecyberzone.com/images/shot0004.jpg)
pic above: the hanger complex control sysmtem

http://www.wallpaperworld.freecyberzone.com/images/shot0007.jpg)

pic above: a really crapy pic of my dearst friend in the jk2 comunity princess of the elves room she likes lord of the rings so i gave her a poster of the helms deep scine

welll any coments
 skiner
02-19-2003, 8:27 AM
dammit this is perfict now i wont work i cant see it in my create server place
 Eldritch
02-19-2003, 9:10 AM
Have you created the appropriate arena script so you can see it in 'Create Server'?

And your attempt isn't bad for a beginner, but it looks like a big box that you stuck some prefabs in. Try breaking up your textures a bit so they don't repeat so much, and add some additional architecture (and better lighting).

There, that should give you something to work on for a while. :D
 skiner
02-19-2003, 12:35 PM
difine appropret and what is a frag limmit
 adillon
02-19-2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by skiner
what is a frag limmit
i'm assuming you're trying to set up a server ...

a frag is what a kill is called in FPS games. therefore, the frag limit would be the maximum number of kills that must be met for the map/game to restart.
 skiner
02-19-2003, 2:05 PM
i still cant figure out what is wrong with the .arena i even have a program to do the .arena you no the 1 on jk2files and i just copyed it and pasted it but is still dosent work do i copy the { and} at the top a bottom
 Wudan
02-19-2003, 3:24 PM
Is it all inside a PK3?
 skiner
02-19-2003, 4:25 PM
yes i used pak scape to put the scrips and the bsp file and the music in it and htne i used winzip to zip it up
 Leslie Judge
02-19-2003, 6:43 PM
Why did you zip it up after making the pk3 in PakScape??? Don't do that. You need the PK3 itself in the base directory.
 skiner
02-19-2003, 8:39 PM
then how do i distribute it oh and it still dosent work
 Leslie Judge
02-19-2003, 9:25 PM
Did you replicate the same directory structure in the pk3 as it is on your hdd? I mean there has to be a maps. a scripts, a levelshots. a music, etc. So everything you put into the pk3 have to be in the same place as on your hdd.

Post here that .arena file to let us see what you have.

To answer your queation: When you will finish everything, then you can zip up the pk3 and a readme.txt and send that zip file to the sites, but if you want to play it you need the pk3 itself in the base directory.
 skiner
02-20-2003, 7:28 AM
{
map "po_hanger"
longname " HANGER"
fraglimit ""
type "ffa team "
}
 Eldritch
02-20-2003, 2:44 PM
Set the frag limit to whatever number value you like.

Place po_hanger.bsp in a folder called 'maps' inside the pk3.

In notepad, save that information as an .arena file.

Place the po_hanger.arena file in a folder called 'scripts' inside the pk3.

Make sure that 'maps' and 'scripts' are not in any subfolders of the pk3 - you should see them when you open it up.

Do it just like that and it should work.
 skiner
02-20-2003, 4:22 PM
THANKS ALOT IT TURNS OUT I DID THE ARENA FILE WRONG LOL NOW IT WORKS THANKS YOU GUYS and if any of you wna the map i can e-mail it to you or you can wate for it to go up on pcgamemods
 skiner
02-20-2003, 7:51 PM
now i need to no how to upload a model from the assest0 pk3 to my gtk radient ( i have the newest version) can any 1 help
Page: 1 of 1