Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best source for EU?

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
02-18-2003, 7:10 PM
Which is your favorite way to learn the EU stories?

Mine is reference, believe it or not. It connects all the story points and reduces my confusion. Novels and Video Games are cool too. Not a fan of the comics...
 Tie Guy
02-18-2003, 7:18 PM
Can't beat the novels. Sure, maybe they aren't as detailed as resource books, but they're a heck of a lot more fun to read. :D
 wassup
02-18-2003, 8:16 PM
This really should be a poll that lets you choose more than 1 choice...owel :D

I'd have to say Reference. May sound boring to some, but you can't beat the facts. Novels come very close behind as my 2nd choice.

*edit* O ya I'm not really into comics either...must be the way the artists draw lightsabers like pointy sticks or something :p
 Katarn07
02-18-2003, 8:35 PM
Open Seasons is VERY nicely done.

Graphic Novels, as they are called sometimes, sometimes have an art style I hate and can't bear to look at (Dark Empire! cough Dark Empire!)

Novels come in 2nd for me to. However, my favorite EU is Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight series, so video games rank in there. Also like playing a movie :D
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 8:40 PM
Hmm, reference..! Starwars.com, along with the star wars cards made by decipher, has been my main source of EU...!

-Clemme
 StarWarsPhreak
02-18-2003, 9:35 PM
novels. It makes up most of the EU
 Clemme w/Stick
02-19-2003, 7:12 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
novels. It makes up most of the EU

Yeah, and thats y I plan on starting reading those books :D!

Well, still reference is quite nice :D!

-Clemme
 Lynk Former
02-19-2003, 7:17 AM
The worst source would be video games cause most of em just do whatever the hell they want :D
 Clemme w/Stick
02-19-2003, 7:21 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
The worst source would be video games cause most of em just do whatever the hell they want :D

Hmm, you might be right about that. When you say that, what games do you refer to then? If you refer to games like DF, JK and JK2, I dont think that its true. Remember that these games follow the books about Kyle Katarn!

Oh, well, everybody id allowed to their oppinion..! :D

-Clemme
 nova_wolf
02-19-2003, 1:10 PM
Nothing against the comic, as some awesome stuff there (When Luke goes Dark, and Clone Emperor), but I just prefer the books, and letting my mind conjure up images.

Plus they are easier to read on the sly in lectures....
 Ratmjedi
02-23-2003, 7:02 PM
My best source for Eu is the novels. That is about the only source that I have. Secondly I think that the games are my second source of EU cause there intresting and I have learned some cool stuff from them. The videos arent that bad also ;)

:lsduel: :duel:
 Lynk Former
02-23-2003, 11:42 PM
It's a matter of choosing what you want to believe and choosing what you want to ignore
 Rogue15
02-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Novels
Video Games
Comics

I prefer video games though, since they place you in the star wars universe, but books are better since they're not so confined.
 Wraith 8
02-24-2003, 12:23 PM
well i have some books.. and i read them all the time.
Wraith squadron rocks.
 Jedi Apprentice
02-24-2003, 11:04 PM
1. Video Games
2. Some of the books and novels.

Don't have time to read all the EU. Thats for LOTR. :)
 Lynk Former
02-26-2003, 1:57 AM
You know most of the reference material out there just gets it from the books, comics, games etc...
 Katarn07
02-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
You know most of the reference material out there just gets it from the books, comics, games etc...

That's why I like it. It links the EU into one big thing and I can become some omnipotent SW guy... :D
 Lynk Former
02-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
and I can become some omnipotent SW guy... :D

More like you become a geek... *sigh* ... *offers his hand* Come with me if you want to abandon these geeky ways... or you can stay here, I'll only offer you an alternative once...
 StarWarsPhreak
03-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Don't listen to him! He'll lead down the dark path!
 Lynk Former
03-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Now, I'll lead you down the path where you can still like Star Wars but not be shunned by everyone because you're a geek.
 Notion
03-02-2003, 7:26 PM
Games

They immerse you in the universe and combine dialogue, visuals, and action that you know and love. Games don't do whatever the hell they wan't either. They can't. LucasArts will breathe down devs backs and leave little room for mistakes that give SW a bad name.

The Dark Frces books were written after the games. They are just filling in the details left out in the games.

Books are always a great source too.
 Echuu Shen-Jon
03-08-2003, 4:00 PM
I've voted videogames, but novels are very good too.
Page: 1 of 1