Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The irony is sickening...

Page: 1 of 1
 boinga1
02-18-2003, 6:06 PM
i've been thinking about this. you know how vader is the 'force is so strong guy', how technology is little next to it? he lives in a metal suit, more machine than man. palp, on the other hand, is obsessed with technology, deathstars, super star destroyers, and that eclipse ssd. he is 100% natural (as far as i know). just a thought.
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 8:02 PM
Hmm, yeah, you got a point there. :rolleyes:

I dont really have anything to add here, but its a k00 thought ya got there. And the fact that Vader has been working with technology almost his whole life, is also a bit odd, if you put it up against that line!

-Clemme
 wassup
02-18-2003, 8:13 PM
GL wanted to convey the msg technology = power? :confused:

Dunno. Maybe dark side users embrace technology more openly than light side users...just a thought
 Sivy
02-18-2003, 8:26 PM
are you talking about the "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force" line?

if you are i can kinda see your point. but to the jedi the force is the most powerful thing there is, technology is just a means of getting things done.
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by Sivy B
are you talking about the "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force" line?

if you are i can kinda see your point. but to the jedi the force is the most powerful thing there is, technology is just a means of getting things done.

Yeah thats the line...!
Yes, I know that too, but still its kinda fun, when you look at the irony. Thats the whole point in this thread?

-Clemme
 Katarn07
02-18-2003, 9:21 PM
Machines couldn't keep the guy alive. The raw anger and hatred of the Dark Side is what keeps him going, IMO. Machines help, though.
 nova_wolf
02-19-2003, 4:20 AM
But don't forget, they wished to control the galaxy.

They are but two.

If the ancient Sith Order was still in place, they would have had no need for using/controlling others who need to use technological aids to do anything to the level that may appease such a powerful Dark Force user/Sith.
 LiMP RABBiT
02-28-2003, 6:14 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
i've been thinking about this. you know how vader is the 'force is so strong guy', how technology is little next to it? he lives in a metal suit, more machine than man. Just because he wears that suit doesnt mean he chose to. He must wear it to stay alive. So really, he isnt obsessed with machinery.
 boinga1
02-28-2003, 5:07 PM
i didn't say he was obsessed. just that it was ironic.
Page: 1 of 1