Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MGS Ninja Gray Fox - Released

Page: 1 of 1
 ksk h2o
02-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Submitted the file to jediknightii.net today.

If anyone else wants to host the model or would like me to submit it to specific sites, please reply in this thread, or send me a pm.

Also please post comments.

Thanks

:D
 Hekx
02-18-2003, 1:05 PM
I can suggest some other sites to submit it to;

www.jk2files.com)

www.massassi.net)

www.lucasfiles.com)

I can also provide a mirror if you don't want any other sites to have the file. Hopefully a JKII.net file admin can upload the file.
Massassi.net get their files up quite fast. :)

Good to hear it's released. :thumbsup:
 ksk h2o
02-18-2003, 1:14 PM
Thanks Hиkx

I also sent the model to jk2files.com and massasi.net.

I've sent you a pm with a link if you wish to host the file. :)
 Hekx
02-18-2003, 1:26 PM
Okay, I've uploaded him to my ISP space. I don't mind if everyone eats up the bandwidth since, to be honest, I don't like my ISP. :D

You can get the excellent MGS Ninja Gray Fox by ksk h2o from jk2files.com; here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=10764).

http://www.hekx.cjb.net/files/Grayfox.jpg)
I've taken the file down from my webspace. If people get problems with downloading off FileFront, send me a PM and I'll give you the link. ;)

Enjoy. :)
 12thMonkey
02-18-2003, 2:12 PM
Hиkx Nтxъ the 'here' link you posted is to http://www.hekx.cjb.net/files/grayfox.jpg), the model's actually here (http://www.hekx.cjb.net/files/grayfox.zip) :)

:update:

I just played with the model quickly and I have to say it's really good, it seems really life like: the model itself is flawless IMO.

Are you planning any more models for JK2?
 [SM]Maximus
02-18-2003, 3:51 PM
All I have to say is "WOW" this model kicks, great job guys :)
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
02-18-2003, 4:21 PM
:eek: :eek: WOW nice d00d , this model kicks ass!!I really hope your gonna do some more excelent models :)

Ne0|ed3N:jawa
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 5:05 PM
Yeah, its very nice. Too bad that I'm not that big a fan of non-SW models for JK2.. :(!

-Clemme
 [SM]Maximus
02-18-2003, 7:37 PM
im imperessed with the model/skins they came out very good i think the model is awesome.

Max
 Miyamoto
02-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Whats up guys, im glad you guys like the grayfox model. many props to ksk_h2o, [SM]Maximus. I did the skins for the model, glad to hear that you guys like it.

P.S. If any modellers out there need their model textured, just post at our forum at www.thefellowshipofthejedi.com) or just email the site .. here is my email.. streetluge@hotmail.com.. :)

thx
Miyamoto
 _NinjaGaiden_
02-19-2003, 1:59 AM
I just think i should say something cause i had a tiny role in this models process..............

Something! LOL JK
The Model Rocks Guys, Keep it Up
 ksk h2o
02-19-2003, 3:49 AM
Maximus and Miyamoto did an awesome job with the skins... many thanks to Gaiden for introducing Miyamoto...

If I ever get Homer Simpson up and going, I'll definitely try to get in touch with you Miyamoto for some texturing. :)
 [SM]Maximus
02-19-2003, 10:53 AM
w00t homer simpson, thats a good idea for a model actually
 Hekx
02-19-2003, 1:10 PM
It's an excellent model, and I wish more sites would put up the file.

Still no sign from www.massassi.net), while www.jk2files.com) still hasn't put it up, and I think www.jediknightii.net) is dead. ;)

There's is another site you could try; JediKnight2Files (http://www.jediknight2files.ravencommunity.net/phpnuke/index.php) (Alternative)

I don't mind hosting the file, but if it gets 4000+ downloads it may cause some bandwidth problems.
 ksk h2o
02-19-2003, 1:49 PM
I submitted the file to the last site you mentioned as well.

I'm hoping these sites will eventually put up the model, I don't know how long their process for putting up a file is. I know Toonces who is a mod here is also a filemaster at JKII.net so I'm hoping it will be up soon.

Yea, Hиkx, if you get a thousand downloads, it will be enough to cause major bandwidth problems... although I think we are far from such numbers. Since demand for non start wars models is not that high I'm sure not that many people are going to try to download it. Plus it seems only a few people have viewed this thread, so only a few could have followed your link to DL.

Thanks for hosting it untill the big guys decide to put it up (or untill you decide to take it off :p ), I hope it doesn't cause you much problems. :)
 Azrael
02-19-2003, 3:15 PM
Wow, that's a good skin. I downloaded it last night, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it in-game yet. Maybe someone could post some pictures of the skins?:)

PS: I don't know if I asked this before, but does anyone know how to change the height of the camera view, a la the console? I can change the angle and the distance, but I don't know how to change the height.
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
02-19-2003, 3:57 PM
well there is still cg_thirdpersonangle and cg_fov but the heigth :( idont know i didnt figure it out yet ,if there is a command for the height...

Ne0|ed3N:jawa
 ksk h2o
02-19-2003, 5:30 PM
From the beta readme file I had before the final relese:
===============
Below are a few sample commands for controlling the camera during beta testing (If you are not familiar with them allready).
You need to enable cheats using the following command in order for these commands to function:
devmap "mapname"

============Sample commands==========
This combo will give a nice center front view:
cg_thirdpersonangle 180
cg_thirdpersonvertoffset -20

This combo will give a nice closeup on the head from the front:
cg_thirdpersonangle 180
cg_thirdpersonvertoffset -5
cg_thirdpersonrange 20

otherwise:
============Variables for viewpoint=========
cg_thirdpersonangle-rotates the camera (0 is the default)
cg_thirdpersonrange-adjusts how close the camera is to the player(80 is the default)
cg_thirdpersonvertoffset-changes the camera height (16 is the default;negative numbers are accepted)

and
cg_cameraorbit-orbits the camera when set to 1 0 is default
 Azrael
02-19-2003, 9:42 PM
Okay, thanks ksk!
 Wes Marrakesh
02-19-2003, 9:50 PM
I'm soo glad Miya's in the same clan I'm in ;)

That model is friggin awesome... all we need is Snake now :D
 ksk h2o
02-20-2003, 5:22 AM
Yay, the model is hosted! JediKnight2Files.com has put it up!

Here's the link to ease some tension off Hиkx's bandwidth :D

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=10764)
 Hekx
02-20-2003, 6:07 AM
I'll keep hosting the file since jk2files use 'FileFront' which sometimes can be a pain to download off, so if that doesn't work, feel free to use the link I posted earlier. :)
 Darth_Kitty
02-20-2003, 7:26 AM
LOL/ Just be careful :) Remember what happend to me :(
 Wes Marrakesh
02-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I know. That mod was kick-ass....

What's the verdict?
 ninja
02-20-2003, 12:13 PM
i played it, i liked it, great work.
 Azrael
02-20-2003, 2:05 PM
Wow, almighty Wes! Your sig is pretty hard to see. Are you going to keep it red?
 Hekx
02-21-2003, 3:06 PM
Massassi.net have put it up too. ;)

You can download it from there (http://files.massassi.net/md3/grayfox.zip) if you can't get it from here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=10764). :D

1 OmniMOD (2.0 RPG Full)
2 Jedi Knight 2 Patch 1.04
3 Old Ben Kenobi
4 Temple of Two Orders
5 Grayfox
6 Darth Maul
7 Yavin RPG *Final*
8 Comic Book Heroes
9 Config Editor (.98)
10 Yavin RPG - BETA -

It's at number 5 on the popular jk2files.com downloads. :)
 Wes Marrakesh
02-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Azrael
Wow, almighty Wes! Your sig is pretty hard to see. Are you going to keep it red?

Pick a diff readable color then :D
Page: 1 of 1