Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anger, Fear, Aggression

Page: 1 of 1
 A_Denial
02-16-2003, 8:26 AM
I have thought for ages, even back when I first saw the star wars movies, this thought. I have never discussed before outside of myself, so I thought it was about time.

Has anyone ever noticed that, with all the talk of anger/fear/aggression etc. leading to the dark side, this seems to be the only way ( at least chosen ) by a Jedi to defeat a member of the dark side.

For example; In Episode IV, Obi - Wan loses to Vader, he uses no elements of the dark side. Now this might be because he was distracting in order for the others to get away, but the fact remains that he lost.

In Episode V, Luke loses to Vader; no elements of the Dark Side used.

When it comes to ROTJ, Luke uses every last bit of anger on Vader, even fear can be seen, and much aggression. He destroys Vader.

Even in the latest ones, this is the case for Maul and Young Kenobi.

My point being that one must face the dark side to defeat it.

That is all

A_Denial
 dark jedi 8
02-16-2003, 1:42 PM
In ep.4, Obi-wan gave himself up so that luke and the others could get away.

In ep.5 luke was way to unexperienced to even face vaider little lone use the dark side well enough to destroy him.

and yoda did not even use the dark side and he beat the crap out of dooku.

i do agree with the fact that young obi and luke used the dark side to defeat it.
 wassup
02-16-2003, 2:32 PM
Luke was hardly a half-trained Jedi and Obi-Wan was still a Padawan. So its very likely that they didn't have a firm grasp of the Force yet and couldn't stop the dark emotions inside their heart. So I'm thinking only a fully-trained Jedi, with the power of the Force, can defeat a Dark Jedi or Sith without letting their anger control them (and even then they might not be able to control their emotions).
 JediNyt
02-16-2003, 5:43 PM
Only a fully trained Jedi Knight with the Force as his ally will be able to defeat Vader and his Emperor. - Yoda, Ep5.

When Obi beat Maul he didnt use the dark side. He was angry when Qui-Gon got impaled but supressed the dark and became more intune with the force. He then fights like never before. You can see it especially when he kills Maul. Hes hanging below while Maul is taunting him and you see him clear his mind and have a look of concentration and confidence on his face all the way to when he cuts his enemy in half. Watch it again and pay attention to Obi. He didnt use the dark side.
 Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 9:50 AM
Hmm, I agree. We've all seen how powerful the Jedi becomes when they use the dark side. Hmm, to bad, that if they use it too often they'll turn to the dark side and become dark jedis them selves..!

Then Yoda, didnt use the dark side to kick Dookus @$$, wierd...huh?

-Clemme
 nova_wolf
02-18-2003, 11:53 AM
On a purely vain level, your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Dark Side - You end up looking like Maul, Vader or the more widely accepted EU vision of a Dark Side Force user - the Blue skin and wrinkled like a bulldogs butt look.

Light Side - Yoda.

So, either the answer to the question 'Whats Black and Red all over', or something a 5 year old would pick and flick at his sister...

:D

--------Disclaimer--------
This post was neither spam nor pointless.
It was done in the manner of good humour, and carrying out my duty in life to provide comic relief to all.
All complaints should be withheld, else Force Pushed where the Binary Star System don't shine! (THERES a Dark Side for you!)

Eat Smacky Smores!
-------------------------------
 wassup
02-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Dark Side - You end up looking like Maul, Vader or the more widely accepted EU vision of a Dark Side Force user - the Blue skin and wrinkled like a bulldogs butt look.

Light Side - Yoda.

:rofl:
 GreekJedi
02-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Well wasn't yoda using anger. u can clearly hear him 2x's during the fight with Dooku that Yoda is Yelling. the first time is when he first jumps in the air to attack Dooku. then during the fight he yells again.
 Jed
02-19-2003, 1:24 AM
Well, Yoda is just grumpy because he has to kick Dooku's arse and he forgot to take his arthritis medicine.

And after 900 years, you have very bad arthritis.

:D
 nova_wolf
02-19-2003, 4:05 AM
:yoda: Umph! When 900 hundred years old you reach, feel as good you will not! Hehehe. :yoda:
 JediNyt
02-19-2003, 3:40 PM
When youre that old and fighting that intensly your going to be yelling. Its a warrior cry, duh. What makes you think hes angry? Well hes frustrated and upset about Dooku so a bit of anger is ok I think, but thats not why he was yelling. And yes not taking your arthritis medicine would piss anybody off. :p :D
 wassup
02-20-2003, 2:06 AM
Its like a paladin yelling "In the name of the Holy Light, I shall vanquish you!!" or something when charging into battle.
 platypus202
03-18-2003, 11:02 PM
In all these fights (exceot for ROTJ) there is no fear anger or aggresion. Just determanation.
 Taos
03-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by wassup
Luke was hardly a half-trained Jedi and Obi-Wan was still a Padawan. So its very likely that they didn't have a firm grasp of the Force yet and couldn't stop the dark emotions inside their heart. So I'm thinking only a fully-trained Jedi, with the power of the Force, can defeat a Dark Jedi or Sith without letting their anger control them (and even then they might not be able to control their emotions).

Well said! I completely agree with this! It almost reads as if I wrote it myself. :)
Page: 1 of 1