Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

system specs for PC

Page: 1 of 1
 Irishman26
02-15-2003, 2:41 PM
i'm wondering what they have planned 4 system requirements for KOTOR. i might not looking for exact sys specs, but maybe a guesstimation of what kind of PC is needed to play KOTOR.

my sys specs r:
HP Pavilion 7915
1.1 GHZ pentium 4 processor
512 MB SDRAM
Geforce 2 MX 400 64MB PCI (NO AGP SLOT) 30.82 drivers
Sound Blaster 16-bit Sound card PCI latest drivers

i'm wondering if my sys specs can run KOTOR without too much problems(mainly at medium detail or something), i can't upgrade my specs cause no money so don't suggest that. i can play most games like Jedi Outcast at medium detail no problems, the only game that runs a little slow is Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind but i know that game isn't the friendliest with any system.
 Katarn07
02-15-2003, 2:49 PM
All I know is my TNT2 won't work...

Isn't the GeForce 4 getting reduced with the FX coming out? Or is it out? Nice Easter Gift. Then I can play JO with high specs!
 -=Hooded-Jedi=-
02-15-2003, 3:00 PM
i'm wondering if my sys specs can run KOTOR without too much problems(mainly at medium detail or something), i can't upgrade my specs cause no money so don't suggest that. i can play most games like Jedi Outcast at medium detail no problems, the only game that runs a little slow is Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind but i know that game isn't the friendliest with any system.

Nobody knows...the system specs havent been released yet
 Katarn07
02-15-2003, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
All I know is my TNT2 won't work...

Isn't the GeForce 4 getting reduced with the FX coming out? Or is it out? Nice Easter Gift. Then I can play JO with high specs!

Answer this too, please! :D
 Jedi Apprentice
02-15-2003, 3:54 PM
You might want to upgrade to a GeForce 3 or maybe a Radeon graphics card to get some more visual eye candy from the game.
 Taos
02-15-2003, 5:25 PM
This one goes to the Holowan forum as were making that our "tech issues/questions" forum. :)

Sad to say, since the pc game got pushed back even further, don't expect an answer to your question anytime soon. :)
 Jed
02-16-2003, 12:49 AM
Here's what the system reqs *might* be:

1.2 GHz P4 or Athlon equiv.
256 MB RAM
2 GB Hard drive space
GeForce 2 Ti3600/ATi Radeon 8500 64 MB

I took a guess...that's just about a ripoff of Unreal 2's reqs, so I'd say KOTOR would be the same.

:)
 Irishman26
02-16-2003, 11:46 AM
considering the pc version is being delayed until later this year, the system specs shouldn't be 2 bad. they may be delaying it so ppl don't have 2 go out and get alienwares just 2 play one game. also might be delaying so the system specs r lower than an xbox but who knows.

i really just wanted 2 know if my specs r good enough, even though i know there not 2 bad, it some new games like Deus Ex 2 and Doom 3, those games i know i will have a problem with trying 2 play but thats another story.
 FunClown
02-18-2003, 10:58 PM
I think it should be alright as long as your not expecting to have everything high and so forth, which I'm sure your not.

I would expect it to be playable still, but again, it definitely won't be visually as good as having a better video card.

A Radeon 9100 might be a good buy if you're on a budget. :)
 Aerothorn
02-22-2003, 2:33 PM
I don't get why you always need better specs for PCs. I mean if I had a computer with the same specs as Xbox, it should run as well as Xbox, but it doesn't.....its annoying. And Splinter Cell, you need a brand new computer to run that perfect.

The specs will probably be managable though. Depends on what card you have, of course, though you'll probably at least need a GeForce 3 to get much out of it, since the Xbox uses a GeForce 3.5. Anyone with a Geforce 4 or some of the later Radeons should be fine.
 Jed
02-22-2003, 11:53 PM
The one game that will make about 95% of you upgrade your system: Unreal 2.

That game has *impossible* specs, but KOTOR should be up to par with that...

*worries*

:D
 Taos
02-23-2003, 8:46 PM
*is not worried*

:D :p
 Jed
02-25-2003, 8:03 PM
Bah, I'm not worried, I've been playing Unreal 2 already. My comp runs it fine.

:D
 Irishman26
02-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Aerothorn
I don't get why you always need better specs for PCs. I mean if I had a computer with the same specs as Xbox, it should run as well as Xbox, but it doesn't.....its annoying. And Splinter Cell, you need a brand new computer to run that perfect.

The specs will probably be managable though. Depends on what card you have, of course, though you'll probably at least need a GeForce 3 to get much out of it, since the Xbox uses a GeForce 3.5. Anyone with a Geforce 4 or some of the later Radeons should be fine.

this is so true. its like no matter what, your pc could have the exact same specs as an xbox or PS2 and would still run slower than those systems. well it could be worse.

KOTOR looks like it will be an awsome game, and being on the pc gives it the chance for patches, extra quests like elder scrolls, and expansions. so thats what we pc owners will get.
 Valdo
03-17-2003, 2:08 PM
I think if you can play c&c generals (now one of the best game with the best grafix) you will be able to play KoToR. So i'm not worried.
 Taos
03-17-2003, 2:53 PM
Hey, welcome to StarWarsKnight.com Valdo. Glad to have you here! :D Be sure to check out the code of conduct/forum rules thread posted at the top of the page in the Ahto Cantina! Any questions....just ask! :D
 Swat
03-18-2003, 5:10 AM
ask Hanni to put up the official welcoming pic
 Darklighter
03-23-2003, 6:42 PM
Meh, my system specs should be okay as they are...I hope...

o.O
 Taos
03-24-2003, 1:31 AM
My feeling is Darky, if you can run the Unreal games.....you will easily be able to handle this one. :)
 Darklighter
03-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Good good ^^ Only problem is, my graphics card is a GeForce 4 64mb, but one mainly designed for computer video and image editing, and not really games. Hopefully it should work on my PC. If not I can always dig out my Xbox;)
 Jed
04-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Good good ^^ Only problem is, my graphics card is a GeForce 4 64mb, but one mainly designed for computer video and image editing, and not really games. Hopefully it should work on my PC. If not I can always dig out my Xbox;)

Hey, you can't complain...you got KOTOR no matter what. :p
 Darklighter
04-19-2003, 1:57 PM
Well, whether I have enough money to get it is my main concern;)Oh and I've decided to wait for the PC release. I reckon it'll be more worth it in the long run. Unfortunately there's still no word on the exact or even approximate PC specifications for the game on the offical site:(
 Tyrion
04-20-2003, 6:04 AM
I'll get the PC version. No matter how good they implement it, unless it's like a FF combat system, rpg's are never as good on a console as it is on the PC.

Plus the fact that Pcs can have expansion packs..

And considering the fact that Bioware has ALWAYS given thier games an expansion pack(baldur's gate I and II(Tales of the sword coast and Throne of Baal)) and Neverwinter Nights(Well, two planned on the way, one's going to be released in early-to-mid summer).

So it'll suck to be you, console users.:p
 KaBuTaR
04-20-2003, 4:16 PM
oh great... so no hope of running this on a voodoo3 eh?

and here i was hoping that it wasn't going to be as graphically hard on the vid card as JKII or JK:JA are/would be...:(
 Swat
04-22-2003, 7:36 AM
i think it would be as demanding as GTA Vice City for PC
 KaBuTaR
04-22-2003, 6:36 PM
never heard of that game...
 superdroideka
05-04-2003, 10:13 AM
I know it's early to ask this but do you think I can play KoToR with an AMD 800 mhz and a GeForce2?
 Taos
05-04-2003, 10:39 AM
I don't know about the 800 mhz, but I do think your GF2 might cut it.....I think that might make the minimum requirement. It's just so hard to say at this point, especially with the release not for another 6 months.

*moves to Holowan Forum*
 MasterReptile
05-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by superdroideka
I know it's early to ask this but do you think I can play KoToR with an AMD 800 mhz and a GeForce2? You wont get all the pretty graphics with a geforce 2..you want at least a Geforce 3 so you can have pixel shading..it might work with a geforce 2..but wont look near as good
 Darth Baal
06-02-2003, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
I'll get the PC version. No matter how good they implement it, unless it's like a FF combat system, rpg's are never as good on a console as it is on the PC.

Plus the fact that Pcs can have expansion packs..

And considering the fact that Bioware has ALWAYS given thier games an expansion pack(baldur's gate I and II(Tales of the sword coast and Throne of Baal)) and Neverwinter Nights(Well, two planned on the way, one's going to be released in early-to-mid summer).

So it'll suck to be you, console users.:p

Damn straight. PCs RULE :D

If necessary I'll use all the money I get over the summer to buy new bits for my games PC. Screw anything else, KotOR takes priority :D
 jesseg88
10-06-2003, 1:06 AM
I bet it will require hardware T&L (Transform & Lighting) which MY COMPUTER DOESN'T HAVE!!:swear:
 A Teksuni
10-30-2003, 1:51 PM
Here they are:

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible computer

Operating Systems: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP

CPU: Intel PIII 1 GHz or AMD Athlon 1 GHz required

Memory: 128 MB RAM required for Windows 98, 256 MB RAM required for Windows ME/2000/XP

Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 compatible PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability required

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible Audio Device required

CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive required

Input Device: Keyboard and mouse required

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0b is included on this CD.

Installation: 4.0 GB of free hard drive space required

Supported Chipsets at this time:
ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200
ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800
NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 family
NVIDIA GeForceFX family

Recommended Specifications:
CPU: 1.6 GHZ AMD or Intel processor
Video Chipset: ATI Radeon 9200 or better, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti or better
RAM: 512 MB RAM
 clocs
12-26-2003, 7:29 AM
Here you go, I don't understand why the ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200 work and the 9100 not! It's annoying! The Game always crashes. So don't buy that card, It doesn't work with SWKotOR, though it does with Unreal 2, Morrowind and JKA.
Page: 1 of 1