Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LF Jedi Academy, Why not have a Monkey Island one?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lost Welshman
02-15-2003, 7:15 AM
Just a suggestion but............

Wouldn't It be cool to have something like the Lucas Forum Jedi Academy, but for all Monkey Island Fans, The ranking system could go something like this:

0-699 posts - Wanna-be Pirate

700-999 posts - Pirate

1000+ posts - Imporatant Looking Pirate

The advantages of having an organisation like this is that when a new member of the forums joins, and suffer the fate of being called a 'n00b', 'newbie', etc. Although this seems to be rare nowadays I think it would be cool for people to have a guide in how to be a respectable forum...err... person.

A name for such an organisation could be:

Lucas Forum Scumm Bar (LFSB)

This is just a suggestion so please dont argue with me about it.

Thank you.
 Joshi
02-15-2003, 7:20 AM
i'm not sure what the rating system 8is at the moment, but when i joined about a year ago, it was something like

0-30 Wannabe pirate

30-500 Monkey

500-1000 Three Headed Monkey

1000+ whatever you wanted it to be.

although i could be wrong on trhe post counts, but those were the ratings given. so what is it now i wander? (this is a real question, no sarcasm intended although on readback it did seem to me to be a little sarcastic)
 Lost Welshman
02-15-2003, 7:24 AM
Yeah I know that, but what I mean is, that it is your position in the Academy, or what ever you want to call it. Not the status in the forums.

so if you want an Imporant Looking Pirate to be your guide, then they can choose to take you on as their 'Wannabe Pirate'.

Once you reach 700 post you 'Graduate' from the Scumm bar and become a 'Pirate'. Finnaly when you reach 1000 posts you can become an 'Important looking Pirate' and then you can take on a Wannabe Pirate of your own, teaching them how to get the most out of their posts and stop them from spamming etc.
 Al-back from the BigWhoop
02-15-2003, 10:04 PM
behold my power, when i joined it was
0-200 - monkey
200+ - 3headed monkey
mod - devil skull
adm - the secret

but i just like custom titles. much better
 Lost Welshman
02-16-2003, 5:42 AM
Yeah but this isnt anything to do with the forum itself, just the community within. Im not saying, change the status to that, just make a new thing, called something like the Scumm Bar... hang on, I'll show you the academy one:

Ok, check this out, we could make our own sort of thing, for monkey Island lovers

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86595)
 obi
02-16-2003, 8:18 AM
Welshman, the LFJA is made for the entirety of LucasForums, not just for JKII.

So, all this is is basically(excuse the rude word) a rip-off of what I started.
 Lost Welshman
02-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I see what you mean. But there isnt any mention of it in forums like this Monkey Island one?
 ThunderPeel2001
02-16-2003, 10:56 PM
I was "Cap'n Loogie" at one point, not sure why, but it was cool :)

~ Johnny
 brief
02-17-2003, 4:48 PM
I don't know how effective a "guide" system would be, since most of us aren't online at the same time.

You'll never get to "Important Looking Pirate" (used to be Devil Skull for EMIers) through post counts, BTW.
 Mex
02-18-2003, 8:12 AM
Originally posted by brief
You'll never get to "Important Looking Pirate" (used to be Devil Skull for EMIers) through post counts, BTW.

You have to be a moderator to get that rank don't you?
 brief
02-18-2003, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by Flanders
You have to be a moderator to get that rank don't you?
Correctamundo! Which is why you can never get it through post counts.
 QueZTone
02-19-2003, 6:53 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Welshman, the LFJA is made for the entirety of LucasForums, not just for JKII.

So, all this is is basically(excuse the rude word) a rip-off of what I started.

didnt want to break it to you but the system of ranks on forums wasn't new with lucasforums ;)
 obi
02-20-2003, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by QueZTone
didnt want to break it to you but the system of ranks on forums wasn't new with lucasforums ;)

Didn't want to break it to you,but you misunderstood what he is talking about. Here is a link to what he means:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=435)
 xElaineMarleyx
03-10-2003, 11:54 AM
This is just a suggestion so please dont argue with me about it.

Well, well, well. Looks like you failed on that one. :p

Hehe no offense.

I don't have a clue how the ranking works now. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Later!
Page: 1 of 1