Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with combat situations

Page: 1 of 1
 MrConfettiMan
12-14-1999, 12:21 PM
I'm trying really hard to like this game. I can forgive the bad control scheme and the tiny pauses when Indy does things like getting out the water or getting ready to climb a ladder. Heck, I can even forgive the way he looks like he's square dancing when he sidesteps left or right. My big problem is combat. I'm only on level 2 and am quite frustrated.

What's the trick? Patience? I've played most of the big name 1st person shooters and just finished System Shock 2 the other day. I think I know how to fight in a computer game but I'm having a hard time in this game. Does reducing the difficulty setting help any?

Please don't respond by telling me I'm lame. Obviously from my message we can tell that's a given. http://www.indyjones.net/forums/smile.gif) Any helpful comments will be appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. Does anybody else think it sucks that the amount of ammunition left in your weapon isn't displayed when the weapon is being used?

[This message has been edited by MrConfettiMan (edited December 14, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by MrConfettiMan (edited December 14, 1999).]
 Blair
12-15-1999, 2:26 AM
Keep "Always Run" turned on.

Use the shift key to make faster turns.

Usually, finding a good, defensible position is better than trying to spray lead.

You're going to take some hits. Health is cheap, and it's usually found for free in places with high damage probabilities.

And yes, it's inconvenient not being able to watch the ammo-count drop, but then, that's how guns work. Just be glad you don't have to reload that six-gun.

--Blair
Page: 1 of 1