Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Indiana Jones and the Lost Story

Page: 1 of 1
 Shaggiana Joe
12-05-1999, 10:35 PM
Hmm...
Does anybody else remember some description saying that Indy would be returning to Atlantis in this game? I do, and I also remember Hal Barwood complaining that he had to take some parts out because Lucas may be making a movie based around one of his ideas in the near future. There's a bunch of screen shots that I didn't see in the game, such as Indy and the old woman talking outside. http://www.indy3d.net/screenshots/swap/swap1.jpg)

And where's this? http://www.indy3d.net/screenshots/swap/swap2.jpg)

Does this shot even EVER come into play? Or is it just another fun little production hype tool? http://3daction.indy3d.net/indy/scrshots/indy8.jpg)

THIS screen shot NEVER happens! The figure to the right of Volidnikov never even comes into play! Damn!http://3daction.indy3d.net/indy/scrshots/indy1.jpg)

Anyone else remember this part from Atlantis?http://3daction.indy3d.net/indy/scrshots/indy5.jpg)

Also, in the press release, it says "Indiana will encounter over 40 characters throught his journey for the Infernal Machine."
I remember 6!

And the part where you have to jump from solid rock pocket to the solid rock pocket, while they rise and lower between the magma, in the middle of the Palawan volcano to get to the other side... Didn't you have to do that towards the end of Atlantis to get to the final room? Is Palawan the remains of the scrapped Atlantis idea? The lava room, everything... It so resembles Atlantis. I think I even saw the famous Atlantean grafiti in there somewhere. This explains why it took so long to develop and why the graphics look like TR1. They had to remake the game! Either we've been denied a great story line, or LEC spent too much time and money on Easter Eggs. Any thoughts? Post 'em here.
 Damian
12-06-1999, 8:02 PM
A couple of the screen shots are just promo pictures. I never played the Atlantis game so I can't verify any simularities. But I know first hand having worked a video game company that ideas come and go as quickly as the day's do. Some of the screen shots could have just been from cutscenes that..well, got cut. I don't think there is some evil plan at work. Just changes that were made. You have to realize that some game magazines, when they go to get a story on a game that is early in prodruction, will print whatever they are given. It doesn't mean that for sure, a particular screen shot is going to be in the final release. It's just move to let the consumers see what the game is going to be like.
Hell Hollywood has been doing that for years. How many times have you seen a trailer to a movie, only to NEVER see a particular scene in the actual movie, that you saw in the trailer. Happens all the time. It's just a way to get your attention thats all.

------------------
-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.

[This message has been edited by Damian (edited December 06, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Damian (edited December 06, 1999).]
 Dan
12-07-1999, 6:46 PM
Yeah, I've seen screan shots that never made the game. They maybe just changed parts of the game to make it fit on two CDs (let's face it, three would be hard) also, at first there was going to be MP, but that was cut.

Dan
 Indy Jones
12-08-1999, 8:37 PM
i saw some screenshots with 2 guards and volodnikov all aiming there weapons at indy, a picture of indy with his jacket on at babylon fighting snakes too. but um indy did talk to the fat ladie outside after u kill the ice monster.
 Shaggiana Joe
12-08-1999, 10:20 PM
After "u" kill the monster, she's young.
 Damian
12-09-1999, 8:07 PM
Actually she turns young after you give her the plant. That grants you access to the area with the ICE GUARDIAN.

------------------
-Damian

eric
12-09-1999, 11:54 PM
I have seen the area in indy5.jpg in the game. It looks different in the photo(but,hey! Lucasarts can do whatever they want with the game, so they must have edited it), but it is definitely the flooding lava room in the Palawan volcano, not Atlantis.
 eric
12-10-1999, 12:03 AM
oops! I think that was mentioned already, but I don't like the idea of revisiting Atlantis very much 'cuz we've been there already. I think it was a good idea to switch to Palawan instead, because I think some its environment looks attractive and the jeep driving was also neat.
 Indy Jones
12-10-1999, 11:21 PM
oh now i see. that picture with indy and that fat pudge talking outside the sanctuary or what ever that place is. MAN WHAT WERE LA THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Damian
12-14-1999, 2:32 AM
Actually I never played Fate of Atlantis so that scenario is kinda appealing to me.

------------------
-Damian

Page: 1 of 1