Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finnally! *Spoiler*

Page: 1 of 1
 Dark_Indy
12-10-1999, 11:34 AM
I finnally beat it! I would have beat it along time ago, but I just didn't have time to beat more than 3 or 4 levels a week.
But, I beat it without any help from the strategy board, or any walkthroughs and only used the map hints several times.
I actually thought the last level was kinda cool looking, and fit the alternate dimension thing well.

I just hated the ending, why couldn't Indy just take out the commie! Why?? He is the bad guy, so he needs to die! He kills Turner, but not Volidnokov!
Oh well, it was still one of hte greatest games I have played in a long time.

-Dark Indy
 Damian
12-10-1999, 12:52 PM
What is it with games these days. Nobody can seem to make an ending that's any good. Draken had the worst ending I've ever seen. Quake II's was pretty horrid and now this! I didn't understand why Indy, Sophia and the commie all walked off into the sunset together either.
It made no sense.

------------------
-Damian

Fear is the path to the darkside.

[This message has been edited by Damian (edited December 10, 1999).]
 Snoj
12-10-1999, 1:48 PM
You idiots...are you so filled with anti-communist propaganda, that you forgot that just because someone lived under Communism, doesn't necessarily make them evil. Volidnkov is just a scientist, he states in the beginning he doesn't follow the beliefs of the Communist regime. The real evil person was the Capitalist. Lucas Arts is pointing out an irony. The stereotypes don't work anymore in this game. Turner, the capitalist is filled with greed and ignorance, thus making him the villain.
Didn't you understand that?
In a word...
"Duh..."
 Damian
12-10-1999, 2:03 PM
Listen up SNOJ!
I can want the end of the damn game anyway I want. If I chose to not like the Russians in the game, then that's my right. Do I listen to every bit of dialog and hang on every word that is said...NO! There is something you have to remember...IT'S A GAME!
Maybe I got up and took a piss at that moment, or went and got something to drink. All I remember is that the whole game, Indy was chasing after the little fat russion guy. And at the end, when he walked off into the sunset with him, I thought it was a little stupid. That doesn't mean I like the game any less.
It's only people like yourself that don't have a real life that has to call other people names and point out that they missed some small line in what is suppose to be nothing more then entertainment. Remember...it's a game..it's not real.

------------------
-Damian

Snoj
12-10-1999, 2:13 PM
I sympathize with your dilemma of killing the little fat russian guy. I tried to kill him numerous times in Nub's tomb...however
I only called you idiots, "idiots" out of the simplistic nature of your quandary (killing the little fat guy). Yes it most certainly is just a GAME, as you put it, but if you can complain about not killing the fat guy, then I can complain that you're stupid.
 Snoj
12-10-1999, 2:18 PM
New "****" just brought to light: (Lebowski)
As my colleague that played Indy with me just pointed out, at no point during the game was Indy chasing the little fat Russian guy. You were attempting to get the parts to the Infernal Machine before he did and avoiding his guards. In fact, the only level which you did chase the little fat Russian guy was Nub's tomb.
May I suggest you didn't play the game?
 Damian
12-10-1999, 3:52 PM
Yeah your right Snoj. Your intelligence over-whelms me. I didn't play the game at all. That's why I don't know anything about it right?

I can complain about not being able to kill the little fat russian guy because HE'S NOT REAL! There is no reason why you had to take these posts to a personal level. Why did you feel it necessary to call us stupid? You are certainly entitled to say what you want. But as an adult (I think you're an adult I don't know you) you should know that there is no reason to call somebody stupid. Especially somebody you don't know. That's simply childish.

------------------
-Damian

Indy Jones
12-10-1999, 6:44 PM
i agree that the end of the game was dissapointing. it was the best game i ever played though. i hate that lil' tubby volodnikov. and snoj, why do u go nuts over someones opinion. WHATS THE POINT !!!!!!!! well getting back to conclusions i give the game a 97, no need to be tense and negative snoj http://www.indyjones.net/forums/smile.gif)
 Snoj
12-10-1999, 6:56 PM
Childish? Of course it's childish...but wouldn't you agree that any "adult" playing a "GAME" is in fact resorting to a "childish" means of entertainment. As a games programmer in the works, I know and understand that the bulk of my work is toward some basic, childish (meaning less intelligent) form of entertainment. However, the real trick is to create a game that stirs activity in the brain.
An "adult" form of entertainment, concentrates on story and yes even the most minute detail. Thus, if you were taking Indy as adult entertainment (other forms include books), then you should have been paying attention to the small details. No, Volidnokov was not evil, that fact was not certain until the very end. Just like a good book every, facet and piece of information can be key to understanding the work. So is making fun of you idiots childish. Yes, but since I am at a game discussion its down-right fun, and I will continue to do so unless I see a intelligible rant. The question you should really ask is, am I an idiot as well?

Answer: most likely

To conclude my reply, I'd like to remind you
this is an Indiana Jones discussion forum, not a Little Fat Russian Guy forum. Or were you confused about that fact?
 Damian
12-10-1999, 11:53 PM
I don't find it necessary to call you an idiot since I don't know you. Just because your a game designer does not mean you have to be immature. Not all game players are teens or younger. I'm sure you know that. The whole reason why this particular discussion has gone the way it has, is because the two of us (Dark_Indy and myself)posted our feelings about what we thought about the end of the game. You came along and decided you were going to call us both idiots because we didn't get the "deeper meaning" of the game. Well you know what? I don't play video games to look for the answer to all of lifes questions. I do it to relax and be entertained. If I happen to miss the point that some game designer was trying to get across, then so-be-it. Life goes on.
Everybody has the right to say what they want. If it doesn't hurt anybody, what difference does it make? Dark_Indy and I didn't care to much for the ending. And because of that fact, you decided to call us both idiots. I took that personal. But maybe to you, an idiot is a good thing, I don't know.
This is really silly and it has gone on longer then it should have. I've been called worse in my life, but for better reasons thats for sure. We've both made our points, but there is no reason to take this so seriously. You may look into games for something deeper then other people do and that's fine. Maybe one day when your a famous game designer you'll revolutionize the industry with a game that has a story so deep, it would make all the great writers of the world stand up and applaude you. I just hope that in the end, you can kill the litte fat Russion dude.

------------------
-Damian

Dark_Indy
12-11-1999, 3:34 AM
Thanx for the defense Damian, I still think that you should be able to take out the little fat commie, afterall he doesn't care about indy.

As several times in the game, ie when Indy escapes when he is captured on the boat, Volidnokov say something like "Find Jones, and bring him to me, alive preferably, but dead if necsasary"
Volidnokov is just a plain out Commie, and commies will be commies.

I would have enjoyed killing the fat commie much more than Turner, although he was a captalist scum, still he isn't a commie!
Oh, and Snoj, no gaming is not just something that is "childish", and no I am not an idiot. Afterall, I do mantain a 4.0 GPA, and I dont know of too many idiots who do that.

I could go on about how you are a game designer, and how I bet I would never want to buy one of your Capitalist games, but this post is getting way too long.
In closing I have one thing to say...

"DIE COMMIE!!"
-Dark Indy

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Bridge/3528/indy-gun2.gif)
 Snoj
12-11-1999, 5:35 AM
Well in my current drunken state (another successful programming project here at college finished) I'd like to reply, saying
I really don't care. You play games to relax and entertained and so do I. Lucas Arts is a company of all companies. I just wanted to rile up some people. Hook, line, and sinker it looks. That's what makes these message boards fun. However, no one has responded to the message that I actually wanted to hear people's opinions on...
look at Indy Bugs below.
 Damian
12-13-1999, 1:25 PM
There doesn't seem to be a Indy Bugs post.

------------------
-Damian

Page: 1 of 1