Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bullies- Right Or Wrong?

Page: 2 of 2
 Reborn Outcast
02-18-2003, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
I never said anyone should be bullied...only that they should do something themself without help from anyone else....

So you recommend violence and that the bully should fight the weaker person "like men". :rolleyes: Thats not right. I agree that the person being bullied should stand up for themself and throw a punch maybe BUT ONLY AS A LAST RESORT AND IF NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED.
 RoguePhotonic
02-18-2003, 10:35 PM
Discussions and issues like this make me really like the world of about 150 years ago...getting bullied?..shoot the ****...and wont get arrested...
 ET Warrior
02-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Discussions and issues like this make me really like the world of about 150 years ago...getting bullied?..shoot the ****...and wont get arrested...

Yeah....right.....kill em......that's a good idea......*runs from RP*
 RoguePhotonic
02-19-2003, 12:22 AM
:duel2: COME BACK HERE!!!!!
 RpTheHotrod
02-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Problem about bullies is, they can beat up on you, but if you try to defend yourself, you get suspended from school due to starting a fight.

Luckily, I'm in college and np there. If there are bullies, they get shot.
 Reborn Outcast
02-19-2003, 12:42 PM

Ya ok so now killing people is a good idea, better than just hitting him right?... You're pretty sick minded in thinking these things.
 RoguePhotonic
02-19-2003, 2:37 PM
:rolleyes: Fine shoot em in the leg....whatever works.....
 Reborn Outcast
02-19-2003, 3:02 PM
:rolleyes: Fine shoot em in the leg....whatever works.....

You have the wrong idea about society these days... :tsk: :disaprove
 RoguePhotonic
02-19-2003, 5:08 PM
Fine go hide behind other people.....like I said...the system is made to make weak people....

I think it's a conspiracy...then one day they can take away all your rights and everyone will be to weak and pathetic to fight..

as for me:
:mob:

:p
 ShockV1.89
02-20-2003, 6:26 AM
Yup, it's a conspiracy. People woke up one morning and decided "Hey, I'm gonna make people weak so they wont fight anymore. Sure, it'll take generations to do, and I'll be dead by the time it works, but it sure sounds like fun."

What are you, stoned?
 ShadowTemplar
02-20-2003, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Clocking the bully shows him that you're not going to lie down and take it anymore, and since the bully had a little bit come back at him, he's not likely to pick on that kid anymore...

Unfortunately not. Bully groups develop very, very sick codes of honour. If you had the indecency to down one of them, or even talk back to them, then it gets ten times worse, unless you actually have a chance of beating them. Such groups have a sixth sense of whether you are just boasting, and their structure, frankly, reminds me of a mafia group, and I think that they should be treated accordingly.

The problem with this whole "stand up for yourself" show is that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you do, then the bully group develops a grudge, and are all the more nasty to you, but if you don't then you have marked yourself out as an easy target.

Well, If you read that passage (Matt. 5) through, it says:
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

I actually have read that whole passage (I am currently reading the New Testament (just to know what is in this oh-so-precious book that people are willing to commit genocide over)).

And, basically, he outlines the rules of pacifism. But the problem with pacifism is that it's so damn one sided. And there is a limit to what you can take. At some point you will break. Trust me, you will.

So, yah....I kinda disagree that you have to fight back, but if you don't follow the Bible, I guess you could argue otherwise...

Depends on your definition of "fighting back". If you are talking about vigilante, then I agree that it is wrong. It destabilises society, and is, frankly, somewhat Wild West like. But I will do whatever I can, and I will pull on what limited resources that I have, within the rules of the situation, to make my bully's life miserable until he stops bullying me.

Since he knew I was a pacifist and I wouldn't do anything back he slapped me again and laughed at me saying I wouldn't do anything back to him.

That has been my problem too. I didn't do that, however. Partially because I'd get my ass kicked if I did and partially because I'd have an angry police officer standing outside my door faster than you can say "vigilante".

I work inside the system. This means that I have to stay on good terms with it. And the fact that I find it immoral to break laws (manmade, mind, I don't care about the godgiven ones) also contributes.

That kind of society would actually make bullying much more differcult to handle. Believe me, I've seen both structures that are well-organised and where laws are enforced, and structures that were fairly anarchic. The organised ones were the best for the bullied.
 RoguePhotonic
02-20-2003, 1:03 PM
What are you, stoned?

Naw I just analyze all aspects of this society and I have to wonder.
 ShockV1.89
02-20-2003, 1:35 PM
Dude, you havent been around long enough to have analyzed all aspects of society. Hell, most people on this board havent (including me). I find it amusing how you seem to believe your opinion to be the end-all facts.
 RoguePhotonic
02-20-2003, 3:09 PM
I never said that it was a fact......it's a fact that the system makes people weak....but was just thinking why.....

And what do you mean haven't been around long enough....only what's happening right now matters...not once apawn a time....
 Reborn Outcast
02-20-2003, 3:26 PM
IAnd what do you mean haven't been around long enough....only what's happening right now matters...not once apawn a time....

If someone shot and killed your mom 1 year ago... it doesn't matter that they did it now? 9/11 doesn't matter anymore?
 RoguePhotonic
02-20-2003, 10:24 PM
hmm...when I think about it nope it doesn't matter...like 9/11 and stuff....because it happened in the past so **** it eh......
 ShockV1.89
02-20-2003, 10:37 PM
hmm...when I think about it nope it doesn't matter...like 9/11 and stuff....because it happened in the past so **** it eh......

*sigh* I give up... :disaprove :disaprove
 FunClown
02-20-2003, 10:42 PM
The events of September 11, 2001, still do affect many people including the soldiers in Afghanistan their friends and families and the people of Afghanistan.

Maybe it doesn't affect you directly Rogue, but I would say it would affect many people who you don't know even today.

Whats with the tough guy attitude? Mercy is a sign of strength rather than weakness in my opinion.
 RoguePhotonic
02-21-2003, 1:00 AM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
*sigh* I give up... :disaprove :disaprove

lol me to...one thing I have learned about people is it's futile to try and get any sort of point through what so ever....though I don't even remember what the first point was:confused:

Sure it effects people but if it doesn't effect you than who gives a **** is the way I see it....
 FunClown
02-21-2003, 5:13 AM
You make a good case Rogue. Who here remembers the explosion of a fuel plant in Nigeria that killed 3000-3500 people and occured a couple of weeks after September 11, 2001?

I didn't hear about any memorial the following year or anything for those people. Noone seemed to have cared.

Looks like you have the majority Rogue.
 ShockV1.89
02-21-2003, 5:26 AM
Actually, I remember that. But there was no memorial here in the states because, quite frankly, it wasnt our people.

The argument isnt whether or not people DO pay attention to the past... (they clearly dont). The argument is whether or not they should. The basic purpose of history is to learn from our past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future. If we know about the history of a country, we are better equipped to make decisions regarding that country.
 FunClown
02-21-2003, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't suggest the US have a memorial for the 3000-3500 people killed in Nigeria a couple of weeks after 11/9/01.

I was pointing out how noone really cares about it because it doens't affect them. We didn't get any memorial live a year on like September 11, 2001, nor did anything get said about it. It was on once and that was that.

That's why I was saying Rogue is in the majority. Whether you guys like it or not.
 Reborn Outcast
02-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Ah Fun Clown if something bad happened to you or your family, 2 years later it wouldn't matter if you didn't have a mom... ok then.
 RoguePhotonic
02-22-2003, 12:08 AM
I think your mom being killed would have something to do with you...does it matter to anyone else?...nope...
 Reborn Outcast
02-22-2003, 12:55 AM
I think your mom being killed would have something to do with you...does it matter to anyone else?...nope...

You're missing the whole point. You said

And what do you mean haven't been around long enough....only what's happening right now matters...not once apawn a time....

I say thats wrong. As an old saying goes, "Those who choose to ignore history, usually repeat it."

Ok you want something that will affect other people? Lets say you hear part of a conversation between two people and something is mentioned that catches your ear but you think nothing of it. Later (a week or so), a terror alert is announced because of a nuclear weapon illegally inside the country. You realize that you know where it is by overhearing that conversation. If you choose to ignore it, millions will die. If you choose not to and tell the government, everyone will be safe and you will be a national hero. Would you ignore it because it was in the past?

(I hope you see the point I'm trying to make.)
 FunClown
02-22-2003, 1:22 AM
Reborn, it would matter to me, not to you. Thats what I'm getting at.

I'm in agreeance with Rogue
 RoguePhotonic
02-22-2003, 4:23 AM
Yes I would ignore it....for allot of reasons....and I doubt if you told the government about it that would stop it.....you would probably be killed....but that's a different story :p
 Lost Welshman
02-22-2003, 9:36 AM
This is a stupid title for a thread, but good topic.
Bullies are wrong, how could it possible be write to crush someones feeling, make them afraid or what ever it is they feel.

I hate it when people just pick their targets at random, like my friend. This person goes up to him and started making fun of him when all his freinds were around. My freind just spoke back in a calm tone, (this bully guy was a druggie) and then he pushed my friend and turned to laugh with his friends, when he turned back my friends fits went straight to his head, and shocked him for a bit. The next thing I knew they were down the back, There was a huge crowd and I was really worried, but he came out ok.

P.S. Im Invisible, so I gather anyway. Watch.
Page: 2 of 2