Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Light vs. Dark

Page: 1 of 1
 Repta
02-10-2003, 8:02 PM
Was just wondering what would be the difference between the two types of Jedi. Since the latter has been cut for the release, does that mean you can't join the Imperial faction? Or are there certain force powers/whatever that only Dark Jedi have available to them? Oh..Besides, Missions/Quests I mean. :D
 DarkLordJoethe8
02-10-2003, 8:11 PM
i think that i read somewhere that the Empire will hunt all jedi, both Dark and Normal

i dont know about the rest of ur questions though
 Repta
02-10-2003, 8:23 PM
Okay, so they hunt all Force Sensitive people. Still confused to what the difference is. :confused:
 matt--
02-10-2003, 8:24 PM
dark jedi have different powers.

I think light jedi might have better standing with the rebellion...but when you use the force powers, it's still a free for all.
 setsuko
02-11-2003, 1:24 AM
Most propably, you'll get different teachers to search for.

Seclusive Jedi Master: "Always remember, young padawan, that the force permeats all the galaxy, so respect everything around you, because it is the force..."

Yound Jedi Apprentice: "...and there for me to kill, maim and burn?"

Seclusive Jedi Master: "*ahem*, eh, not really."

Young Jedi Apprentice: "But the little gnorts? They're there for me to maim, kill and burn, aight?"

Seclusive Jedi Master: "How about we finish this philosophy lesson tomorrow, and go practice with the lightsaber?"

Young Jedi Apprentice: "YAY!"
 Wraith 8
02-11-2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
Most propably, you'll get different teachers to search for.

Seclusive Jedi Master: "Always remember, young padawan, that the force permeats all the galaxy, so respect everything around you, because it is the force..."

Yound Jedi Apprentice: "...and there for me to kill, maim and burn?"

Seclusive Jedi Master: "*ahem*, eh, not really."

Young Jedi Apprentice: "But the little gnorts? They're there for me to maim, kill and burn, aight?"

Seclusive Jedi Master: "How about we finish this philosophy lesson tomorrow, and go practice with the lightsaber?"

Young Jedi Apprentice: "YAY!" LOL.... ahhahahahahha that is really funny set
 Jan Gaarni
02-11-2003, 3:15 PM
Only one true answer to your question, and most questions about Jedi in general:
Noone knows.

There has been so little info released on the subject of Jedi by the Devs, and expect it to stay that way for a very long time. :)
 Thrackan Solo
02-11-2003, 4:55 PM
The Empire destroys all jedi good or bad. According to the Dev's you can become dark or light but if your dark you will still be hunted by the Empire you will just have diff. Skills like Grip, and Lightning
 Lord_Vessen
02-16-2003, 12:41 AM
I haven't heard about certain faction Jedi's having different powers.
 RocketPack Jack
03-13-2003, 8:42 PM
It may be possible to merge the 2 sides, like in jedi outcast. Kyle has force heal, but also lightning and grip. We may see purists becoming all light or all dark, or maybe a bunch of halfcasts. Anyway, if their smart they'll shut their yaps, and we'll be none the wiser. NOOOBODY KNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWS!!!!!!
:DUEL:
 swediot=)
03-14-2003, 12:58 AM
i dont think so because to get dark side powers then youd have to be a light jedi who falls so you would have turned your back on the light side..... right
 legameboy
03-21-2003, 9:50 AM
why would the empire destroy dark jedi, i mean the empire could really use one, especially if the dark jedi wanted to join the empire
 RocketPack Jack
03-21-2003, 10:15 AM
All jedi r seen as a threat to the 2 sith lords in the game and movies so they r all hunted. This has been discussed to death in other threads.
:duel:
 legameboy
03-21-2003, 8:58 PM
then why did the emperor want luke to join the dark side
 setsuko
03-22-2003, 4:17 AM
Because he wanted to test Darth Vader. And, нf he failed, replace him. He wanted Vader and Luke to turn against each other, and then he could take the winner, the stongest one, as an apprentice.

He failed.
 legameboy
03-22-2003, 9:31 AM
yeah he failed, his big fat a** got chugged down a pipe hehe;)
 Sunshine Badass
03-25-2003, 9:19 PM
there is no Light or Dark side to the Force...

These names are merely speculations and categories of HOW the Jedi use the Force. The Force is the Force, meaning that there is no Light or Dark side to it, only utilization.

Force Push, Pull, Jump, etc. are "Nuetral" Force Powers because they don't cause any direct "pain, suffering, or anger. "Anger leads to the Dark Side and so on."

What HAS been stated is that using the Force IN ANGER leads to the Dark Side. How can you use Force Choke and it NOT be out of some form of anger. Jedi don't walk up to someone and use Force Choke because they are happy, (Of course not) they use because someone has peeved them. Same with any of the "Destructive" Force powers.

This runs close to real life. Hitler being the best example of a Dark Jedi. He wanted to help, and didn't start out "evil." He was a charismatic leader of his people, but he used the "Dark Side of the Force" so to speak to get his way. This corrupted him and made him the pitiful man he was in the end. The only way using the Force can corrupt you, and thus make you a Dark Sider, is when ANGER rules your thoughts. The Dark Side is power... And power corrupts... And absolute power (Embracement of the Dark Side) corrupts absolutely, an dthen you rely more readily on your power in the Force.

Light side Jedi use non-anger Force (Maybe they took some anger management classes? :p ) so they do not become too powerful and corrupted.

I mean: WHAT FOOL LIGHT SIDER COULD EVER TAKE OVER THE GALAXY WITH FORCE HEAL??? :D :D :D

Therefore no corruption and thirst for power. Power hurts people, and so does the Dark Side.

WOOT!!! Another rambling post of power... *Am I a Dark Sider?*
Hope this makes sense, but that may not be the way it works in the SWUniverse... But that's how it SHOULD work though... :p

Sorry for intruding in your post, I just had to change one of your words. :D - Jan Gaarni
 Stormtrooper X
05-04-2003, 9:15 AM
If you are force sensitive and you join the empire, and have secret jedi training, maybe you could avoid being hunted down. and then a giant band of rebels come along to kill the imperials and u get out a saber and cut them into tiny peicies they won't have a reason to kill u. And face it!, you won't be a jedi anyway.:p
 -=ReApEr=-
05-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Stormtrooper X
If you are force sensitive and you join the empire, and have secret jedi training, maybe you could avoid being hunted down. and then a giant band of rebels come along to kill the imperials and u get out a saber and cut them into tiny peicies they won't have a reason to kill u. And face it!, you won't be a jedi anyway.:p
At least someone relises that being a Jedi is more or less impossible :) :p
 Sunshine Badass
05-05-2003, 2:22 AM
Jan? What did you change??? I wrote this SO long ago that I do not remember word for word. This seems to be what I wrote, but what is different???:confused: :confused: :confused:
 Jan Gaarni
05-05-2003, 1:22 PM
Jedi don't walk up to someone ...
The bold word was the word I changed if I remember correctly. :)

And with alittle imagination, I'm sure you can figure out what letter got in there instead of the correct one. :D
 Dark Moon
05-05-2003, 3:08 PM
Sorry if I make any points that have already been covered, that happens when you're too lazy to read the whole post :D

Dark Jedi I'm guessing will be almost completely combat oriented, while light jedi will be more open to other types of force using, such as healing. They will definetely have different powers, and maybe different styles of lightsaber hilts to choose from? I can't wait to see what kind of missions you could receive as a dark jedi :)
 UnfrozenCaveman
05-05-2003, 3:54 PM
Not intirely true. A Dark Jedi could use his mind trick so that he can get some uber hot babe. That wouldn't be using his the force in a good way which = dark side ;)
 Dark Moon
05-05-2003, 4:12 PM
LOL, well now we know what Caveman has on his mind... j/k, but yeah you're right on that...
 Sunshine Badass
05-05-2003, 7:57 PM
Was it an N??? Becasue that is the only letter I can think of that would change the meaning to something, oddly, innappropriate.:D ;) :D
 Exar_reborn
05-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Ok we can discuss all the powers and factions and such but the likely hood of any of us becoming a jedi let alone a jedi master will be 1/10,000. another than that good luck to all of you :D
 Kaiser Spaso
05-06-2003, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by legameboy
why would the empire destroy dark jedi, i mean the empire could really use one, especially if the dark jedi wanted to join the empire

Why would the empire need a dark jedi when they have Darth Vader?
 Jodo Baas
05-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Not to derail the already interesting conversation on this thread (and I still don't see what an N would create, Sunshine;) ), but I have a questoin I've never seen asked before, at least not here.

Jedi Masters become blue glowies, right? But what about Dark Jedi?

I think I already know the answer to this, but just wanted some opinions. No, I don't think a Dark Jedi will ascend to the ultimate prize at the end of the Jedi trail simply because they choose a path into darkness. It wouldn't be right. Therefore, all of you people who really want to be a Dark Jedi are stupid, stupid, stupid if you turn a Jedi Master dark, just so can choke someone. It's totally pointless and wastes all the time you spent creating them, unless you can repent yourself. :D

I can just see it now... Jedi Witnesses who travel door to door, "Have you found the Light Side of the Force?" ;)
 Jan Gaarni
05-07-2003, 2:28 PM
Jedi Masters become blue glowies, right? But what about Dark Jedi?
Red glowies maybe? :D
 Jodo Baas
05-07-2003, 8:00 PM
I think this will be the trade-off for Jedi. The Jedi Masters will have the benefit of becoming invincible as a blue glowie, but because the Dark Jedi are more violent in nature they won't have that backup net. If they do become "red glowies," nobody would ever be a good Jedi. ;)
 Jackrabbit
05-08-2003, 8:03 AM
So what do the Dark Jedi get? Sure, they can do lightning and grip, but that seems meager in comparison to immortality.
 Deft Aklin
05-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Well, that's the choice you make. Annoying blue Jedi ghost or really cool Jedi moves. Force Push as compared to Force Grip? Heal Other as opposed to Force Lightning? Force Grip and Force Lightning as opposed to Blue Ghost that can't do anything anyway. ;P

Can you tell I favor the Dark Side?
Page: 1 of 1