Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thinking back ...

Page: 1 of 1
 Xafir
12-04-1999, 2:55 PM
Well now...

After completing "Indy 5" I thought back:

In former we (players) had characters beeing able to "speek" and they really had wit and charm - now Indy has only a third of this - beeing a trigger happy action adventure shooter.
What a pitty !
My greatest wish were: LUCASARTS pleas make adventures with real interactivity - not 'jump 'n runs' - give your characters more character !

------------------
Xafir

[This message has been edited by Xafir (edited December 04, 1999).]
 jake
12-04-1999, 4:44 PM
Don't you think you're taking this WAY out of proportion. Indy3d is probally the first "Jump'n'Run" game LEC has ever made. It's called variety. If you don't like them then dont buy them. Lucasarts has a wide variety of games so that people who DO like Jump'n'Run or Put-The-Square-Peg-In-The-Round-Hole type games can get them while the others can get what they want.
 Xafir
12-04-1999, 6:01 PM
I played Indy's from the very first beginning as well as Mr. Guybrush Threepwood's adventures and Indy WAS an Adventure - so in my opinion they changed Indy's role in the 5. th part too much ...

------------
Perhaps it's on me - I really like the game but I expected more beeing Indy ...

------------------
Xafir
 JR2000Z
12-04-1999, 9:24 PM
Indy's attitude even chabged.

------------------
Hey,I'm always right!
 yamaha
12-05-1999, 10:23 AM
well try playing tomb raider 4 and you will know the meaning of lack of personality -- or at least a pensive protagonist...i'm glad indy has little remarks here and there and some dialoque with his spy friends

for sure after the (reported) poor sales of their last adventure game, grim fandango (which got great reviews and i personally loved), they felt they had to spice up the action part of things
 jake
12-05-1999, 10:39 PM
Indy's role in indy3d was perfect. How it was SUPPOSED to be. Compare any movie to Fate of Atlantis. Where in the movies did you see Indy pulling a series of different levers and pulling tricks like a seance to win. Never. He was a fighter/adventurer. His character is the tough, witty, Dont-Need-A-Plan-I-Got-A-Gun type of character. He didn't sit in the same spot for 15 minutes trying to solve a puzzle to go around the Nazis. He just killed them. If you dont like the type of game for Indy3d then don't buy them.

~Jake
"This is intolerable!"
 Timbaland
12-05-1999, 10:44 PM
Nah i think your right! I still don't get the feeling the movies and earlier Indy games gave me....
Page: 1 of 1