Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is German Indy5 censored? Is there blood in the US?

Page: 1 of 1
 Henry Jones
11-25-1999, 12:47 PM
I want to buy Indy5 but only if the German version isn't censored!
Is there a lot of blood in the US original? Or violent cut scenes?
Any1 with info about the DEUTSCHE VERSION?
Is the german synchronisation good or bad?
thx for any info
 Bill
11-25-1999, 7:05 PM
Yes there is blood in the US version not a lot but it is there.
 Blair
11-25-1999, 7:25 PM
Just a little splort here and there when a thing dies. Very minimal with humans, green goo with spiders.

Dut the way the komodo dragons writhe and spray blood, especially when you do them with the machete...it's not quite Mortal Kombat Spine-Ripping gore, but I could see where the prudes and Singaporean government would ask for it to be toned down.

--Blair
 FotTrigger
11-26-1999, 10:00 AM
Yes I agree violence is really low in this game, even though you can slaughter the russians pretty bad ;-)
no just kidding, I'm a german myself and I bought the US-version because the german was not out yet, but I would't buy the german version anyway....
Doesn't matter how well the syncronization is done.....german language on a charakter of us origin sucks!!!
You can never syncronize in an way that allows you to "read" the original speakers feelings while listening.

SO: If you want a really good game buy the US-version of Tomb raider.....just kidding TR is crap Buy INDY US!!!!!!!!!
IT RULES!!

------------------
<<<Fottrigger>>>
"What is this? Sounds like steppin' on popcorn!"
 Blair
11-27-1999, 6:29 AM
Another thing that was kinda fun until it turned ugly was killing Hyenas with the Jeep.

Like killing Commmies with the jeep, only the Hyenas are smarter (and smell better).

It got ugly when I guess the game decided I was taking too long (exterminating the pack is a plot point), so the last two Hyenas just ran themselves under my front wheels.

--Blair
"My off-road karma ran over the laughing dogma."
 Damian
11-29-1999, 9:47 PM
It got old because they kept respawing until you talk to the Starvin Marvin kid that was hiding inside one of the pyramids. After that I didn't see anymore.

-Damian

------------------
Fear is the path to the darkside.
 Xafir
12-02-1999, 5:48 PM
I ( have) played Indy using the German version - and there is a few blood but I think there is nothing cut away...

Besides in the German version Indy has the "real" Indy voice (as in the German movŠ½es) - I know Harrison Ford did not "lend" his voice to Indiana in this game - What a pitty !

( Otherwise I would have bought the US one)

------------------
Xafir
 JR2000Z
12-02-1999, 11:43 PM
Harrison Ford cant do voices.He VERY busy.

------------------
Hey,I'm always right!
Page: 1 of 1