Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Im dangerous because I play FPS'

Page: 1 of 1
 Lime-Light
02-07-2003, 6:53 PM
Sorry, but I need a little more motivation than naughty lyrics and pixelated gore to make me kill people, so up your ****ing ass, im not 3, I know the difference between killing an oponent in a deathmatch and murdering someone with an actual gun. Nor was I taught how to use a weapon by games, because i was quite aware already the main thing is to squeeze the trigger, and I could have told you that when i WAS 3. I am not afriad of reality, and I am not sheltered, but that doesnt mean Im a homicidal maniac becuase I listen to rock music or play violent games. If I was ****ed in the head and wanted to kill someone, niether games nor music would be at FAULT. It would be MY fault, becuase you know ****ing what? I killed someone. Although if I lived through it I would likely say Manson told me to, but hey.

EDIT: What are you taling about? It says right up there, with an "i", see?
 ET Warrior
02-07-2003, 7:50 PM
Originally posted by Lime-Light
homocidal maniac

I believe the term you want is homicidal maniac ;)

Not sure what a homocidal maniac does really....perhaps goes around killing gay people.......;)

I think that video games have a mild influence on kids, but only on kids without direction in their life. If you've been raised to know that killing is wrong then you're fine. But kids without good parents and no direction i think would be easily influenced by video games. "oh man that was fun.......i wonder what it would REALLY be like....."

Edit- And where's the "I've never played Quake" option?
 Lime-Light
02-07-2003, 8:53 PM
ok, who voted they want to kill me.
 __CKY__
02-07-2003, 9:20 PM
No its not games or music that makes people go out and kill them its there weak minds tellign them to follow into whatever seems cool or popular Thats why they blame it on msuci and **** they were overtaken by what some abnds did in there songs and then blamed it all on the band because of there weak minds. Just my opinion though lolv:D
 ET Warrior
02-08-2003, 2:09 AM
Originally posted by Lime-Light
ok, who voted they want to kill me.

I had too, it just sounds so funny to say it....:D
 Breton
02-08-2003, 8:10 AM
You see it all the time, bad parents whose kids become mass murdering maniacs, and then they blame it all on video games and music.
 __CKY__
02-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Exactly lol :D
 C'jais
02-08-2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn
You see it all the time, bad parents whose kids become mass murdering maniacs, and then they blame it all on video games and music.

'Tis the same story with all less understood, unaccepted past time activities, such as paintball, horror movies, roleplaying and sex.
 Luke Skywalker
02-08-2003, 7:08 PM
I honestly do not see how you could connect playing doom/quake and killing people... "Well, they learn how to shoot a gun" Thats BS! Firing a real gun is NOTHING LIKE hitting CTRL on a keyboard. The visual representation isn't even real. The very people who blame it on the games are the worst parents because they can't deal with the reality that its them...
 Lime-Light
02-08-2003, 7:14 PM
Yup. And what I get a real kick out of is the government trying to regulate it. I can just imagine a bunch of fogies sitting around a table.

"Hey, uh, games. We dont know anything about those."
"We should make some rules about them."
"Definately. Really though, we need some alcohol in here."
 UgonDieFoo
02-20-2003, 11:57 PM
i like kil peple
 wassup
02-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Wait several years until some Congressmen who actually have played games get elected, and know what they are talking about. Hopely by then things will begin to cool down and the mass public will understand.
 Pierre the Frog
03-06-2003, 7:43 AM
Originally posted by C'jais
'Tis the same story with all less understood, unaccepted past time activities, such as paintball, horror movies, roleplaying and sex.

I do all a them and I haven't killed anyone (Music and FPS included)

(Ok, I don't get any sex - but that is all the more reason why one would be aggressive)
Page: 1 of 1