Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Armed Forces of the Associates

Page: 2 of 2
 Kylco Cotam
02-25-2003, 9:43 PM
ok well i might be apart like a fighter but i mainly wanted to be a smuggler but then again that can worl out too ya kno you need anything hard to find so to speak im sure ill be able to hook yall up:cool:
 swediot=)
02-26-2003, 11:47 PM
my coffe machine broke so i used some good old wookie rage on it to try fix it but it only made it worse but i got you some gnorts :D
 Zendjir
02-27-2003, 6:13 AM
Yes ma'am!

*wanders off to the bazaar to sell some of those Kilirit chrystals before Sestuko finds them in a routine check...
 MandalorianRage
02-27-2003, 1:08 PM
I'd be in the armed forces as a swordsman. I'd only be part time though. If you would think it as a good idea, I could train other people who want to be swordsman, or brawlers, so we have a more experienced group of melee fighters. I'm also going to be a musician, so I can help worn out fighters.
 Lord Helmet
02-27-2003, 4:44 PM
thats gonna be alot of organizing in-game, i think u shoudl let peole play for a couple weeks see if they want to do it..then set up the armed forces
 Zantheon
02-28-2003, 10:57 AM
I would like to be a full time pistoleer, i'm all about the fight ;-)
 setsuko
02-28-2003, 11:28 AM
In the beginning, I'll most propably put the highest priority in getting the full-time group members up to speed, and let them get to know each other. And I'll try to squeeze some gaming time of my own into it, that's not to forget! Well, to my experience, it's better to have a rather loose organization at first, and let people find out what place they'll feel most comfortable and happy with. And if there are too many members, I'll have to look into getting a lieutenant or two. But I'm aiming at a flat organization layout (not very militaristic, but more enjoyable).
 Talain
02-28-2003, 2:55 PM
Gaal, why would I need to join? I already did :D

I've been in the Associates since.....forever. Not all that active around here, but I'm still on your memberlist. I got an e-mail asking for me to specify my proffession, and I replied, but it hasn't been updated on the site ;)
 setsuko
02-28-2003, 6:52 PM
Good to see you back, Talain, playing "the dark, secret puppeteer that is never seen" again? ;)
 swediot=)
03-02-2003, 12:10 AM
back??
he was here before?
 Thew Rydur
03-02-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah he was, I'm pretty sure he was before your (and my) time. But um... Welcome Back Talain. :D
 swediot=)
03-02-2003, 10:10 PM
i forget that even though ive been here for a while im still relatively new aswell as low in the food chain in the pa in otherwords i think i talk more then i have the right to but no one seems to be stopping me so yeh
 Talain
03-03-2003, 2:51 PM
Heh, don't worry about it. I may be old, but you've done a lot more for the Associates than me, I'm just a member. ;)
 Thurdras
03-03-2003, 4:58 PM
hi
:D
 swediot=)
03-05-2003, 10:57 PM
hello how are you?
 StarCords
03-18-2003, 7:33 PM
I'm assuming Image Designer will be classified as "Supportive"?
 Wraith 8
03-19-2003, 5:09 PM
well.. i think so yes..
 Lord Helmet
03-19-2003, 6:36 PM
im not so sure...may be under jan's group...
 StarCords
03-19-2003, 7:41 PM
Yah, I'm not sure, that's why I asked...
 swediot=)
03-20-2003, 3:53 AM
well you can still grab a gun and shoot at stuff if you want to get away from the drawing board ill be happy to loan you a weapon or something
 Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 3:24 PM
well image designer isnt a real industry.. you are more or less just doing a mke over :D so i think it is more supportive.
 Dradle
04-15-2003, 3:12 PM
Bothan / Squard Leader
 bender
04-20-2003, 1:16 AM
Ranger in the combat group
 swediot=)
04-20-2003, 1:30 AM
hello you must be new im swediot how are you
 Jackrabbit
04-20-2003, 1:56 PM
I'd like to be in the combat group. I'm going to be a Mercenary, so I'll have a good amount of combat skills. I'll be all over the galaxy (if things go right), but I will be loyal to the PA, so I think I should be full time combat.
 swediot=)
04-20-2003, 6:41 PM
do we really need a full time combat groupjust yet i mean we dont have any enemies as of yet do we so shouldnt everyone just be in part time combat then correct me if im wrong but it sounds logical
 Sunshine Badass
04-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Well then, let's go make some enemies.:D ;) :D
 setsuko
04-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Swediot: full time combat doesn't mean that you fight every single minute you are logged in. Far from that. I, for once, want to have plenty of time to also explore, socialize and experiment with the other aspects of them game. However, full time combat is a term that puts the combat-oriented players apart from the part time combatants, who rather just join once a week or less to tag along. Part time combat is for those who want to spend just a little bit of their time on combat, or who wants to try out combat in safer environment than solo, that is, in the company of the rugged battlehardened veterans that the combat group hopefully will become, if I drill us hard enough! :)

A typical part time combatant could be a miner/artisan who wants to tag along now and then, but likes crafting more than combat. So, he/she spends most of the time collaborating with the commerce group, but also join an expedition or two. After all, being in the combat group should not be a chore, it should be something exciting and fun, and an important factor is to enable people to choose their level of commitment themselves.

setsuko: the essence of servicemindedness!

EDIT: also, I guess a rather small part of our time in the combat group will be fighting enemy PA's. More likely, expeditions, hunts, and search parties will be the common things we do. Unless a lot of us find PA wars fun, hehe. But after all, we'll have to be prepared to keep our fellow non-combat PA members safe during PA wars.
 Lord_Vessen
05-18-2003, 7:28 PM
I can make some enemies for you, Looks over list of all Jedi PAs, "I think by tomorrow we'll have at least 7 enemies..." We'll if you need me I'll be running away from the mad people with lightsabers behind me right now. I'll be a full time soldier, Capt. Setsuko. Teras Kasi and Rifleman is my way of life
 Jatari Bazrak
05-27-2003, 7:24 PM
well, I'm staring out as a scout/marksman/unarmed combat specailist then as time progress I'll become a Bounty Hunter and and when no good bountys are around I'll be joining your fights. :tommys:
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-01-2003, 8:46 PM
Iam planning on being a Pikeman/Pistoleer (or mayber carbine) for the combat group. Swediot I want a bowcaster if your gonna make them :) .
 Xx_Patman_xX
06-07-2003, 1:20 PM
Just an idea for the =A= armed forces...

I think every one in the =A= military should be grouped into groups of 3 or 4 people. This way it would be more organized for hunting/training and the military would be more organized. People in each of the groups would be in the same time zone (or close time zones). Tell me what ya think. :)
 swediot=)
06-08-2003, 2:41 AM
Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX
Iam planning on being a Pikeman/Pistoleer (or mayber carbine) for the combat group. Swediot I want a bowcaster if your gonna make them :) .

yes im going to try and fit it into my skill set
 Daneel
06-28-2003, 6:15 AM
If we can be 'weekend warriors' for the =A= Team, and Industrials during the rest of the time - count me in.

And no, that doesn't mean that I'll only shoot at the enemy on a Saturday. :D

:r2d2:
 Jatari Bazrak
07-02-2003, 2:29 AM
lol well I think it's a great idea patman we should do something like that. Although I can only talk about such things right now.:(
 Deathstalker
07-02-2003, 6:44 AM
Love to be included I'm almost at novice pistoleer and also have scouting abilities. Question when are we all gonna meet online?
Page: 2 of 2