Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

do you enjoy silence?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kstar__2
02-06-2003, 3:06 PM
ok, this is the "problem" over the last couple of years, i'm enjoying silence more and more, i just like to sit, hear nothing, do nothing, only sit. i used to always want some sounds around me, but not anymore.

does any of you have the same?
 RoguePhotonic
02-06-2003, 3:11 PM
Yeah I like silence....that's why I stay up to 6 am most of the time...nice and peaceful at night...
 C'jais
02-06-2003, 3:19 PM
Silence unnerves me most of the time.

I need music around me, and if there isn't, I'm start feeling irritated.

However, there are times when I just like to lie on the couch and sort of fall into myself. Not deliberately trying to sleep, but that's what I end up doing usually ;)
 leXX
02-06-2003, 3:39 PM
I LOVE silence. Having two kids who constantly make noise, I look forward to moments of peace and quiet more than anything. It's probably why I stay up so late. Night time is so peaceful and I can be with me, myself and I.
 Reborn Outcast
02-06-2003, 4:04 PM
I LOVE silence. You want to know why? Its because I scare the $hit (sorry for the language but its true) outta myself lying awake at night and the noises come...
 greedo626
02-06-2003, 4:20 PM
I love silence. I like to stay up late writing because it's so quiet. no traffic, no animal noises, nobody coming up to me and asking a stupid question. silence is golden;)
 Murdoch
02-06-2003, 6:11 PM
I like silence but certainly not as much as i prefer to have good music around me though. It goes: good music > good conversation > silence > noise > commercial radio(just let them die pls)
 dvader28
02-09-2003, 2:56 PM
depends on my mood...i can't have music on alllll the time...sometimes it's nice just to have nothing to do...sit and reading quietly is one of the great pleasures in life.
 griff38
02-11-2003, 4:11 PM
:)
 Ratmjedi
02-12-2003, 12:04 AM
I like Silence as well. Sometimed you just need to forget about all the noise and crap that is going on and the silence just relaxes you and soothes you. I enjoy listining to music all the time and it soothes me too. But Silence is good cause then you can just think real clearly and it is so easier.

:lsduel: :duel:
 El Sitherino
02-12-2003, 12:09 AM
i like silence occasionally. but if i dont hear any noise after a while i get paranoid.
 ShockV1.89
02-12-2003, 9:05 AM
I like silence, but too much doesnt work for me.

I went into a sound dampening chamber once for a hearing test. There was a tech problem and I had to sit in there for about 10 minutes before the test began. I started hearing ringing sounds in my ears, and then I started getting a headache. Very odd.
 -s/<itzo-
02-12-2003, 10:40 AM
yeah when i'm studying thats about it. there's an extent, only when i need to focus or concentrate, silence is a must.

but silince on a 24/7 level would creep me out.
Page: 1 of 1