Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pop-up's on this site

Page: 1 of 1
 Jared Sinn
02-02-2003, 10:16 PM
I realize that you guys need to pay bills and support the site, but the latest sound-enhanced banners have just gone too far... Now I have to turn my sound off before coming to the boards. Whats next, a mandatory phone-solicitation? Come on guys, lets at least try and keep the commercial crap from taking over the internet.

JS
 Juztyn
02-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Sorry, that's not swgalaxies.net, that's lucasforums. I'd suggest you repost this message on the Lucasforums feedback. I really dislike popups, myself, and thusly I've managed to clear swgalaxies.net itself of them. Unfortionatly, I have no say over lucasforums.
 Jan Gaarni
02-03-2003, 1:38 AM
Uhm, is it me, or has the enourmous numbers of pop-up commercials been significantly reduced already? :confused:
 Jared Sinn
02-03-2003, 8:00 AM
ok Jan, thanks, will do. Pop-ups are annoying, but I can put up with them- its the added sound that pushed me over the edge.

And if they've already scaled back the ad's, I'll make sure and thank them for thir prompt response ;P

JS
 Lord Helmet
02-07-2003, 10:11 AM
that classmates one is really starting too piss me ...:cool: :p
 Deft Aklin
02-07-2003, 1:07 PM
I hate the yelling banners. Always gets me in trouble with my boss.

"Hey....hey u! I tuk cara mai det an u ken too!"

I have since had to mute my audio. Grrr!
 Thrackan Solo
02-07-2003, 2:59 PM
talk to lucas forums about this
 Ingrown
02-07-2003, 3:58 PM
The talking one scared the royal crap out of me when I first heard it.
 Deft Aklin
02-07-2003, 4:05 PM
I can't believe none of you commented on my bad hick accent. My apologies to those that live inrural areas, I probably wasn't refering to you. Actually, I can't really say anything anyway, I was born in a town with a population of 800.
 Thrackan Solo
02-07-2003, 4:29 PM
hey darth now that i read it again it is actually pretty good:)
 Lord_Vessen
02-16-2003, 1:22 AM
Hey! You over here.....be sure to look up your old classmates and stalk them.
 Jared Sinn
02-19-2003, 12:55 PM
I was going to give you a "rofl" for the excellent hayseed accent, DS, but I got into trouble last time i posted a laugh ;P

Yew ar funnier than a' greesd pig inna swammin pool!

JS
 GreenJediGrinch
02-19-2003, 2:43 PM
Hey!!!

I resemble them redneck comments...I'm from Georgia. :)

It's surprising that someone can sound liek a complete redneck but can communicate rather well huh? Dang, I even surprise myself sometimes. :)

Grinch
 Jan Gaarni
02-19-2003, 2:57 PM
I was going to give you a "rofl" for the excellent hayseed accent, DS, but I got into trouble last time i posted a laugh ;P
LOL, will you stop it. :D
The reason was much more than just that one post. I belive there were 5 of them in a very short time? :)

Don't be thinking we are so strict about these kinds of things that we don't allow a laugh once in awhile. ;)
 Jared Sinn
02-21-2003, 8:34 AM
Actually, no, it was for just one post- none of my other posts have contained less than a complete sentence or two and have been generally on topic (and are always well thought out and insightful!! eheh.. ). I was really annoyed at the time but I'm completely over it and was just brining it up to try and provoke a reaction ;P

I'll let it rest, lol....

JS
Page: 1 of 1