Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monkey Island or Indy???

Page: 1 of 1
 Emad
11-24-1999, 6:48 AM
The game was great the graphics is good, ( the character movement and jump is not good enogh). I didn't actully get the game I was waiting for a long time for my beloved character Indy. I wish they had made a game like monkey island.( 2D and pure adventure).

What do you think???
 Hamster Idol
11-24-1999, 10:48 AM
At first, I'd agree with you, but there is no way to make a better 2D point-and-click than Fate of Atlantis, so I'm gald IJIM is something new. At least for Indy, that is.

------------------
It's a hamster stuck in an ice cube.
 DjihEf
11-24-1999, 11:04 AM
Although I never played a Monkey Island game, I can say a 3D Indy is a good move. You truly get to do stuff that Indy does normally. Roll, raft, ride a mine cart, etc. Altough the whip should have been a faster weapon, it's other uses are pretty fun. Maybe a а la Grim Fandango game could have worked but even then, the action side of Indiana Jones would be missing. Then again, if they release another Indy game with the old engine, I wouldn't complain (although the interface would be more like Full Throttle and the Dig I think).
 Jamison
11-24-1999, 3:51 PM
I love the 3D interface. Fate of Atlantis was one of the coolest games I played during the time. IJIM is unstoppable in 1999.

Jamison

------------------
"Ahhhh, medicinal herbs."
Page: 1 of 1