Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Character Skill

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord_Vessen
01-31-2003, 10:32 AM
I know that this question might be unknown but I just have to ask, how will skill points for proffessions be earned? Will it kind of be like Final Fantasy 11? Where you are an apprentice and you get points when you get better. Or do you earn them in battle?
 Thew Rydur
01-31-2003, 3:25 PM
I belive it works like this: You get experience for doing things (combat, crafting, etc.) and then you buy skills with it. If i remember correctly higher level skills will require some type of training from an NPC.
 Jared Sinn
01-31-2003, 4:17 PM
Yep, thats how I understand it. Also, each skill point earned is specific to the particular skill you used to earn it- to get better at shooting, you have to shoot, etc.

JS
 Jan Gaarni
01-31-2003, 6:06 PM
I understood it like this:

You have a preset of (example) 200 skill points. That is max that your character can ever have.
With these skillpoints you choose a level you wish to advance to.

For instance (simplified): You put 50 in Shooting, 30 in Driving, 20 in Outdoorsmanship, 50 in Blaster Maintainance, and 50 in Piloting.

Now, you have not actually reached this level yet. You have only set the goal of advance. Once you reach 50 points in shooting, you cannot get any more skills. If you want to be better at that, you will have to take out 20 points (example) from Blaster Maintainance and put it under Shooting. You can then continue to practise with your shooting and advance another 20 points worth of Shooting skills as you fire the blaster.

Anyone who knows better, please correct me if i'm wrong. :)
 Lord Helmet
01-31-2003, 6:48 PM
im not sur about that jan....

You get experience for doing something....keep in mind there are differnt tpes of experiencee....if you kill something with a blaster you ge blaster xp...when you get enough you can go toa trainer...and then if you have enough skill points and money you can buy a skill in blaster tree...a low one
 Jan Gaarni
01-31-2003, 7:29 PM
Aaaah, so THAT's how babies are made. :D

Anywho, that sounds complex to me. Guess I'll just have to wait and see for myself. ;)
 Lord Helmet
01-31-2003, 8:10 PM
For you! I'm gonna put it in laymens terms! ok I'll start from scratch

There are different types of Xp unlike games like Diablo 2 where you whenever you killed something you gained universal xp(experience points).

Lets say you craft something, well the more people use your crafted item the more CRAFTING xp you get, so you can not advance in blaster areas just beacuse you get experience crafting.

Once you accumulate enough experience in the field of which you want to advance in, you can go to a trainer and then they train you and you recieve a skill in that area of your choice(and then you have to get more xp to get another skill) or whatever they have available that you can actually learn.
It costs money too!

Keep in mind each skill costs different amounts of skill points, and you only start off with set number.

And when you "unlearn" skills you lose the skill and do not get back experience or money.

Understand? Good
 Jan Gaarni
02-01-2003, 4:07 AM
So, in essence, you don't get any better at anything until you have bought more skills? :confused:

That sounds retarded to me. :)
 Corpocus
02-01-2003, 8:37 AM
This sounds like the systen in Earth & Beyond
 Lord Helmet
02-01-2003, 2:18 PM
The only way to get new skills is to go to a trainer...so essentially thats the only way you get better.
 Wraith 8
02-02-2003, 10:07 AM
like the sims :p :p :p J/K
 setsuko
02-02-2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
like the sims :p :p :p J/K

Ooooh, I sense a cross-over franchise! SWsims! Have your jawa arrange parties! Refurnish your Star Destroyer with pastel coloured rugs! And hide under the dishwasher when the sandpeople makes drivebys!
 Jan Gaarni
02-02-2003, 2:44 PM
And hide under the dishwasher when the sandpeople makes drivebys!
Don't you mean ridebys? :D

The only way to get new skills is to go to a trainer...so essentially thats the only way you get better.
So learning a skill is like an apprenticeship or something then? That sounds more realistic. :)

I think I'm getting it now. :)
 Lord Helmet
02-02-2003, 9:27 PM
sure took you long enough :p
 Hawkeye 4 ever
02-03-2003, 4:08 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
Ooooh, I sense a cross-over franchise! SWsims! Have your jawa arrange parties! Refurnish your Star Destroyer with pastel coloured rugs! And hide under the dishwasher when the sandpeople makes drivebys!
You forgot the wookie throw rugs:wookiee:
 setsuko
02-03-2003, 11:00 AM
That's for the gazillion expensive addons inherited from the Sims. :D
 Wraith 8
02-03-2003, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
Ooooh, I sense a cross-over franchise! SWsims! Have your jawa arrange parties! Refurnish your Star Destroyer with pastel coloured rugs! And hide under the dishwasher when the sandpeople makes drivebys! you bet yah.. and the expansion will be called: the expanded universe.. or the saga continues :p
 Jan Gaarni
02-03-2003, 5:25 PM
No no no, it will be called: EU: The Saga Continues! :D
 setsuko
02-03-2003, 7:30 PM
I can see it now... "Jabbas Palace: House Party!".
 Lord Helmet
02-03-2003, 8:42 PM
no no no...you mean Jabba's Palace: Hot date:D
 Corpocus
02-04-2003, 4:18 AM
Ahmm..what was this thread about?..I forget.

Anyway. How about Jabba's World.
You sit around drink all day , watch chicks dance in gold bikinies,take bets,eat a few people, sit around, drink and pay off bounties...now that sounds like a cool Sim
Page: 1 of 1