Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite sci-fi movie series besides SW

Page: 1 of 1
 JediNyt
01-30-2003, 9:09 PM
Im goin with Terminator. Especially T2, but that may change soon :). It could be my 2nd favorite movie altogether next to SW. Anyways let the posts begin.
 Tie Guy
01-30-2003, 9:26 PM
Hmm...i don't really watch a lot of Sci-Fi besides SW, but i guess The Matrix counts, so i'll say that.
 El Sitherino
01-30-2003, 9:36 PM
Terminator and The Matrix.
 Ratmjedi
01-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Stargate SG-1.

I know a lot of people who don't like it but I do. :D

:lsduel: :duel:
 Darth_Rive
01-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Stargate SG-1 and Smallville (which I suppose is technically a sci-fi-ish film seeing as Clark Kent is an alien...) :D
 Ratmjedi
01-31-2003, 1:12 AM
Yeah, a fellow Stargate SG-1 fan is here. Finally someone who likes the same show that I do. Mostly everyone around here liked Farscape untill it got cancelled.

Rock on man. :D

:lsduel: :duel:
 Taos
01-31-2003, 3:51 AM
I love the Alien movies.....and I have a feeling that all three of the matrix movies will be pretty good as well. :D
 leXX
01-31-2003, 5:50 AM
Most of mine have already been mentioned:

TV: Farscape, Star Trek, Stargate SG1

Film: Matrix, Alien, 2001/2010
 Wraith 8
01-31-2003, 9:37 AM
well.. i used to be a HUGE fan of Star Trek DS9. but lately im not watching that many TV shows

i look at the tribes... its a bit of a soap i recently found out :p
i think other than SW..... Dragonball
 Rogue15
01-31-2003, 10:16 AM
Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Signs
 Darklighter
01-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I love the Alien movies

You and me both man:)Great classic movies.

The Matrix sequels do look awesome too. On TV, I think Buffy and Angel are great Sci-fi shows...I did love Star Trek Voyager too:)
 Darth Groovy
01-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Forbidden Planet
Brazil
The Time Machine(Goerge Pal's Verision)
War Of The Worlds
Blade Runner
A Clockwork Orange
Aliens
Robocop
E.T.
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
 Darth_Rive
01-31-2003, 2:45 PM
OH MY GOD! How the hell could I have forgotten Bufy and Angel ?!?!?

:explode:

Sorry folks, got a serious thing for Sarah Michelle Gellar and Eliza Dushku...

:drop2: :naughty: :drool1:

Oh yeah, and the shows are fantastic as well... :D
 Thew Rydur
01-31-2003, 3:05 PM
Hmm... The Matrix, T2, and Blade (not really sure if thats sci-fi but oh well)
 Katarn07
01-31-2003, 4:31 PM
Shows: ST: TNG, ST: Voyager, ST: Enterprise

Movies: ST (huh, why not? most of them are good IMHO)

I think I am the only person to have never seen Terminator or the Matrix!

*ducks beneath desk to evade Cantina-patrons' attacks*
 leXX
01-31-2003, 4:41 PM
Dude, follow my instructions carefully:

1. Turn off your computer
2. Get off your butt
3. RUN to your nearest video rental shop
4. Rent The Matrix
5. Come back home
6. Insert video tape.
7. Turn off the lights, crank up the volume and be prepared for the best film experience of your life!

;)
 Katarn07
01-31-2003, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Dude, follow my instructions carefully:

1. Turn off your computer
2. Get off your butt
3. RUN to your nearest video rental shop
4. Rent The Matrix
5. Come back home
6. Insert video tape.
7. Turn off the lights, crank up the volume and be prepared for the best film experience of your life!

;)

Uhh... How much do they really cut out on TNT? I mean really, come on! I'll catch it next time it comes on.
 Darth Homer
01-31-2003, 5:02 PM
it's more than what they cut out...just rent it once for the non-stop experience...plus if you miss the beginning, it's a little confusing...there is no spoon...:D

As for my fav scifi non-SW...

Evil Dead trilogy...I know it's really horror, but if Hercules can be shown on the Sci-fi channel...

ok, true Sci-fi Movies
Matrix
Starship Troopers
Predator
Alien series

funny sci-fi movies
Galaxy Quest
Spaceballs (what?)

sci-fi tv:
Transformers (original series)
Cowboy Bebop
Babylon 5
 Katarn07
01-31-2003, 5:06 PM
There is no spoon?! Thats from the Matrix? Isn't that somehow related to JO, a cheat I never use?
 JediNyt
01-31-2003, 7:51 PM
Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. Understand? ;) :D Yes that is from The Matrix. Rent or better yet buy it on dvd (if you have a dvd player which everyone should have) and watch it, its not hard. I hope your not the kind of person who just sits around and doesnt go anywhere all day. I trust you know there is more than just TV.
 Jedi_Monk
01-31-2003, 8:26 PM
Starship Troopers (the most ambitious sci-fi war movie since Return of the Jedi). I also love the social commentary. All in all, it's much better than the book.

And... Buffy and Angel aren't sci-fi... they're Horror/Fantasy, not much scientific about them :eyeraise:
 Darth Groovy
01-31-2003, 8:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk
Starship Troopers (the most ambitious sci-fi war movie since Return of the Jedi). I also love the social commentary. All in all, it's much better than the book.

I enjoyed it very much, however it did not make the list because it had really bad casting, some lame dialogue. The gratuitous nudity was cool if you like Dina Meyer, but it was just an excuse for Paul Verhoven to get some more sex in the film. Robocop, though somewhat outdated, was far superior.
Page: 1 of 1