Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

War or economics?

Page: 1 of 1
 wassup
01-27-2003, 11:31 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=519&e=15&u=/ap/20030127/ap_on_re_us/tough_times_tough_choices_1)

Just read this article on the state of the economy. Not looking good. It boils down to either tax raises or program cuts in every state. People who need help the most are the ones hurt the most.

So, taking all this into consideration, what is more important for the United States of America right now, war with Iraq or revitalizing and rejuvenating our economy?

[edit]btw if some mod would fix my third option and make it look like this, thx:

Don't care ( shame on you :mad: )
 Reborn Outcast
01-28-2003, 6:40 AM
Economy definatly. War is not even needed as of yet because there is no evidence.

And wassup why did you copy my avatar. :)
 STTCT
01-28-2003, 7:12 AM
I am reaaaaallly pissed about the whole war thing and how it is effecting our economy and it hasn't even happened yet. I understand why Bush and others think that we need to intervene in this Iraq thing...but our poor economy! Our gas prices are sky rocketing, programs are getting cut. It is just sucking. Does he want us to all go broke...that is one way to loose this country's support for war!
 C'jais
01-28-2003, 7:41 AM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
And wassup why did you copy my avatar. :)

I don't know if you're being sarcastic (I can't tell), but Wassup had that avatar before you. Technically, you're the one who stole his.
 daring dueler
01-28-2003, 3:47 PM
hmmmm a bad economy and a war that could make it beter or worse-htey want oil for the economy cuz they know its abd sooo i say work on the economy with what we have.
 RoguePhotonic
01-28-2003, 4:06 PM
Why do you think we are going to war with Iraq...it will fix the economy I heard Iraq's oil is worth 300 trillion dollars....
 wassup
01-28-2003, 7:11 PM
yes but is that money worth American lives? And I'm sure Iraq will probably destroy a significant part of their oil before the US get their greedy hands on it, like they did during the Gulf War by burning the oil. Plus if we did conquer Iraq and get their oil, many people would feel upset by the impression that the Bush administration started the war that cost numerous American lives just to obtain Iraq's oil. I personally feel its not worth it for us to start this war.

OOS:
Reborn Outcast I have had this avatar for quite awhile. Owel I see you changed your avatar but I wouldn't have cared if you sticked with your Balrog one. But I just like to point out I didn't "steal" your avatar in any way :cool:.
 Reborn Outcast
01-28-2003, 7:31 PM
I think that Bush has realized that if he goes for the oil then everyone will hate him. And thats why hes starting the war because he is NOT going for the oil. And this war is actually supposed to help the economy and not hurt it. (read this on cnn.com so I don't know if its true or not cause its media.) And hes coming on tonight with the State of the Union Address and he says he's going to "declassify" info on why we should attack Iraq. Should be interesting.
 RoguePhotonic
01-28-2003, 7:46 PM
Oh yes the little factor of the brain washing..yeah the U.S. has to have that....hmmm...well...I guess they can keep the story of stopping them from using some weapon on us...you really think Iraq would use some **** on the U.S.?...I think not...we would wipe em all out...what would be the point?...they are not stupid.
 Arkum
01-28-2003, 7:49 PM
the media sucks, just wants to boost ratings. Besides, im too smart for them :D . The economy has plunged a lot. This war wont help at all.economy has been hit hard for about 2 years or so, we neeed to focus on building it back up again.

as for war, there is no proof of nukes yet, but the gulf war wasnt much of a gain either. we gained access to oil and liberated kuwait. but im sick of the media trying to boost their ratings and i want them to shut the f*ck up!, lol:p
Page: 1 of 1