Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite part of the OT?

Page: 1 of 1
 Taos
01-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Just what the title says.....

What do you like best about the OT?

Aside from all of it.....I like the character of Han Solo and the story between Luke and Vader. :)
 BCanr2d2
01-26-2003, 3:31 AM
Personally, its Vader - for so much of the movie he is a faceless evil man. We do not see his face with his helmet off until almost the end of the OT.
As well as that, he has the Imperial March to boot. Nuff said!
 Darth Groovy
01-26-2003, 3:57 AM
The Empire Strikes Back

Luke's first confrontation with Vader.
 TieFighterPilot
01-26-2003, 6:54 AM
Death Star trench run (ANH)
 Rogue15
01-26-2003, 9:18 AM
Han Solo in ANH, he was so cool, especially in the death star when he ran down the tunnel after those stormtroopers, that was so funny.

in ESB, the end when Vader is talking through the force to Luke, that was scary.

RotJ, the scene where Luke comes in, force chokes the 2 gamorreans, and mind tricks Fortuna. he was so cool in that part!
 Tie Guy
01-26-2003, 3:55 PM
One thing? The music. Simply incredible.
 JediNyt
01-26-2003, 4:02 PM
Again I dont have a favorite. But I really like the Death Star 2 reactor run. Best flying ever! Woohoo! :) :edeaths: :x-wing:
 Katarn07
01-26-2003, 4:41 PM
The entire 6 hours of film...

I love them soooo much.
 Thew Rydur
01-27-2003, 5:20 PM
Cantina Scene
ANH trench
Battle of Hoth

My favorite character was Obi-wan.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-27-2003, 7:16 PM
The Battle of Endor!
 Rogue15
01-27-2003, 7:44 PM
The things that I like most about star wars is the many races of aliens, the saber battles, droids that have personality, small group of rebels trying to defeat a giant empire, the creatures, unique spaceships, walkers, the galactic empire actually SEEMS real, and the people in control of it are serious enough to destroy an entire planet to keep the local systems in line!!!
 Luuke_Skywalker
01-27-2003, 8:58 PM
i loved the final duel between vader and luke on the second death star the music that accompanied the duel was perfect and added great feeling to the fight in my opinion that was the best moment
 Carbon_sleeper
01-27-2003, 9:24 PM
ESB: The look on Adm Piett's face at the end when the falcon escapes and Vader spins around and walks up to, then right by Piett. Piett obviously saw his own death walking that way. I'd be willing to be that there was a peculiar stink coming from the ol' Imperial Trousers about then.
 El Sitherino
01-27-2003, 11:34 PM
the ESB saber fight.:duel:
 leXX
01-28-2003, 5:15 AM
I just love the complete package, I find it very hard to choose one particular bit over another.
 Darth Talliusc
01-29-2003, 12:23 AM
metal bikini

................................. and i suppose i can agree with tie guy for a close second. the music did rock.
 Wraith 8
01-29-2003, 2:28 PM
well.. the epic space battles ROCKED!
and the music..... oh..... those give me goosebumbs
 Ratmjedi
01-29-2003, 11:24 PM
My favorite part was The Space battle of Endor. That was just so awesome and was the best ever and like JediNyt said the piloting was good. I also liked Luke's training. That was just awesome and you learn so much. The Saber duel with Luke and Vader which was very good.

:lsduel: :duel:
 Darth Groovy
01-30-2003, 12:05 AM
I also love the Astroid Belt scene in ESB. That scene still steals my breath away everytime. I remember twitching around in my seat first time I saw it.
 nova_wolf
02-02-2003, 4:21 PM
As much as I loved Hoth and the scene where Han is frozen and everything, being a pilot and SW ship nut...

Yavin and Endor and pretty much anything where the Falcon is involved.

Yavin is better in book, as they have more runs at it, and the sense of time ticking away and desperation is greater.

Endor just rocks!MC Cruisers, A-Wings, SSD (and if GL every gets his beardy ass around to it the B-Wing too!)

We have yet t have an awe inspiring space batle from the PT (Anyone says the Battle of Naboo and I will be feeding on meat tonight!)
 big_hair
02-03-2003, 12:24 PM
The first time you see the Super Star Destroyer in ESB. All the tiny Star Destroyers falling under its shadow with the Imperial March blaring away. Fantastic.
 DemonKing
02-03-2003, 9:17 PM
The Emperor, of course!

He made Vader look like a naughty schoolboy...he just reeked evil and power.

Pretty good work by Ian McDiarmid, since he only had the last film to work in.

As a 7 year old kid though, you couldn't beat that giant Star Destroyer appearing from the top of the screen and thundering by.
 Darth_Rive
02-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Phooo, where to start... Ok.

ANH:
- The Star Destroyer dwarfing the Blockade Runner.
- Stormtrooper uniforms. I SO need one...
- The "clang" sound as R2 falls over deactivated.
- Binary Sunset... still gives me goosebumps...
- The cantina scene.
- Hiding under the floor plates in the Millennium Falcon.
- The Death Star set designs (shiny floors, monochrome lighting, hexagonal doorways... all so menacing and imperialistic).
- The Detention Block shootout.
- The tractor beam main controls set designs (the sense of height and danger there is brilliant).
- The Rebel fleet approaching the Death Star and the sense of what they were about to attempt.
- The end music. Again, goosebump-age...

ESB:
- Hoth. All of it. Every last moment. :D
- Cloud City set designs
- Yoda showing Luke how much of a wimp he was when he lifted the X-Wing out of the water... And the music.
- Being confused as to the true meaning behind the "Tree of Darkness" (or whatever it's called) scene actually was... :p
- THE IMPERIAL MARCH !!!!!
- Seeing Han frozen in the carbonite block slamming down on the floor and Leia's reacion. Fantastic.
- The ENTIRE duel between Luke and Vader. The carbon freezing chamber design is just breath-takingly moody and sinister, and the sense of height acheived when Luke is hanging from the mast above the drop (just after losing his hand). Wow.

RotJ:
- Luke walking into Jabba's palace. Moody.
- The Rancor fight! Never been so on the edge of my seat as when I first saw this!
- The fight sequences above the Pit of Kharkoun.
- The fly-by in Tyderium past the Imperial Star Destroyers. "I dunno, fly casual!" :D
- The Ewok on the Speeder Bike...
- The Speeder Bike chase.
- When Luke slices the stabiliser fins off the Speeder Bike...
- When Luke gives himself in to the Imperials, and the tension when Vader fires up Luke's saber...
- The Emperor's throne room set design... Wow.
- The sheer scale of the space battle...
- The duel between Luke and Vader.
- The saber throw. Genius...
- Han & Nien Nunb escaping the blast just after taking out the core.
- Binary Sunset as Luke lights Vader's funeral pyre.

At a guess, I'd say I really like Star Wars... :p
 nova_wolf
02-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Not the best moment, but an extremely important one...

:edeaths:

:lando: YYYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAA!!!

:nien: *nien nien yaba* (?)

That feeling of relief.

You have yet to register that this is the end of the road. You are just in sheer exhilaration as the Falcon is born from that erupting fireball, speeding full blast.

It's almost like your life flashing before your eyes, only it's not yours.

You see Tatooine, the remains of Alderaan, the X-Wings and Y-Wings flying by at Yavin, the battle, Hoth, Bespin, Yoda and the X-Wing, Boba Fett, Jabba's Palace, Rancor, the assembled fleet, Endor, the Ewoks, the final showdown on the Death Star, the battle above Endor, the tunnel run, the TIE Interceptor behind the Falcon exploding due to the fire ball, and then - FREE.....

Done.

Success.

First time I saw that momnet, I pretty much screamed out with Lando.
 Link Antilles
02-06-2003, 10:06 PM
I'd definitely have to say the best part about the classic trilogy is the music and the Battle of Endor.
 dark jedi 8
02-12-2003, 9:40 PM
What can I say? Vader and his Imperial March!
 LiMP RABBiT
02-28-2003, 6:18 AM
One word, two syllables. LIGHTSABERS
 Darth_Rive
02-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Uh, that's three syllables by my count.... :rolleyes: :D
 ckcsaber
02-28-2003, 1:38 PM
I really can't decide.

Maybe the Binary Sun scene in ANH, maybe Lukes 1st Duel with vader in ESB, Maybe lukes final duel with vader in RotJ, maybe the battle of Endor, maybe......
 TK-99
03-09-2003, 9:14 PM
AHN:
Blockade Runner Mini battle
Sandtrooper Moment on tantoane
Luke and ect in the Death Star to save leia
Battle at Yavin

ESB:
Saving luke and han
Hoth battle
Astriod Field
Bespin battle to save Han

ROTF:
Battle at the Sarlac Pit
Bike Chase
Battle at Endor
Death Star Battle at Endor

Note about The Blockade Mini Battle:
Notice that thats the only battle that a normal Rebel Trooper has ever fought and and its only a mini battle.We get to see Stormtroopers fight all the time but not regular Rebel Fleet troopers.
 Reborn Outcast
03-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Han Solo. That guy is the man. :D

The part with Greedo is SO good.
 nova_wolf
03-10-2003, 4:00 AM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
Han Solo. That guy is the man. :D

The part with Greedo is SO good.

The part with Greedo WAS SO good.
 Darth_Rive
03-11-2003, 7:46 PM
Apart from the Special Edition version.... Grrrrr....

*Sneers and shakes fist at George Lucas and friends*
 TK-99
03-12-2003, 3:29 PM
I hated what they did with the greedo part, oh my god GL
 Darth_Rive
03-12-2003, 4:46 PM
I say we start a petition for when Mr Lucas (in his "infinite" knowledge".... grrrr... ) makes the Special Soecial Edition with the extra footage that there's been so much talk about, so that he bloody-well changed that scene back to how it was, or re-shoots it and composites Harrison Ford's head over that of another actor to make it look.... less.... well, crap.

Viva la revoluzione!

:p
 gorganfloss
03-15-2003, 10:47 PM
My favorite part of the OT would have to be the Leia slave bikini.:naughty:
The Greedo scene was great too. Why George, why?
 Darklighter
03-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Those three films remain my favourite movies ever, and that will probably never change. I hate having to pick stuff out of it, but I just love the whole Jedi training with Luke, leading right up to the final fight with his father, when he becomes a true Jedi. But it's all awesome stuff ^_^
 Darth_Rive
03-16-2003, 9:34 AM
Heehee. Love that avatar, Gorgan.... :naughty:
 dark jedi 8
03-16-2003, 3:29 PM
yep!!! that avatar is the best!
 Darklighter
03-16-2003, 3:49 PM
Gah! Would everyone stop staring at the bouncing and get back on topic >_< I have enough of that over at The Swamp...

Must...not...stare...

:D

Anyways, the love story between Han and Leia is often hilarious and all ends happily. Yay ^_^
 Darth_Rive
03-16-2003, 4:37 PM
It feels like a moment in "A Bug's Life"

:bored: ---"I can't help it, it's sooo beautiful.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!"

:D
 dark jedi 8
03-16-2003, 4:46 PM
haha, lol.:D
 gorganfloss
03-16-2003, 5:41 PM
Argh...
Now Im getting sick of the bouncy...If this thing keeps people off topic Im gunna have to change it!
:rolleyes:

I also liked the duel with Vader at the end of ROTJ.
 dark jedi 8
03-16-2003, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by Gorgan
Argh...
Now Im getting sick of the bouncy...If this thing keeps people off topic Im gunna have to change it!
:rolleyes:

I also liked the duel with Vader at the end of ROTJ.

yeah, that was my second favorite fight.

but if you get rid of that bouncy, i might just die.......!!!!! :D j/k, but really.
 Darklighter
03-16-2003, 7:29 PM
Meh, there is a topic guys...let's stick with it before we start moving our heads in time with the bounciness;)

Oooo, I loved the fight on Jabba's Sail Barge in ROTJ. That was a great scene:D
 dark jedi 8
03-16-2003, 8:03 PM
that was a good fight too, but i didn't like the fact that it just looked like the people were falling down when luke moved his saber near them. i would have liked to have seen some damage, like some cuts or something, other than that it was great.
 Luuke_Skywalker
03-17-2003, 5:53 PM
yep it would have looked better if GL would have shown some bloody, burning, festering, guts hanging out, make you sick kinda wounds on the bad guys after he goes ape $h!t on the bad guys over the Sarlacc
 Darklighter
03-17-2003, 6:24 PM
I did wonder about that actually. The fact that all the other sabers in the films cut things, and Luke was knocking people off into the sarlacc like his saber was a big wooden stcik:eyeraise:How odd...
Page: 1 of 1